Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 7:46:22 AM EDT
Made of a strong Polymer material. Fits right around your palm. Fits under the Picatinny AR Hand Guard Rail System, or any weaver base rail.((( This item cannot be ship to NJ,CT,MA.))) S/H is 9.00 in the USA -Priority mail or UPS -Accepts Paypal, M/O.
[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-05-26/Renaissance_International_1022440033_DSCF0056.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4574738[/url]

[green]some people are just born stupid[/green]

[red]I e-mailed this guy and he replied that it was illegal to ship me this front grip to new jersey[/red]

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It's legal here and because of his ignorance i am taking my business elsewhere,fuck him.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask him to show the statute that makes these illeagle.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not sure but I think Castle-Arms has the same thing available for order on their website and cheaper?
[url]www.castle-arms.com/index-ordering.htm[/url]

Look towards the bottom of the page linked.

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe the seller is as tired of the border-line facist gun laws in some states as the rest of us and just doesn't want to be bothered by the BS.

I don't blame him, especially with NJ's mag-capacity laws and marking regulations on AR's, who knows what little infraction may be violated by a front vertical-grip.

Who the hell has time to scower through the gun laws of a heavly restricted state to see if they are in violation when you have plenty of free states to deal in.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Being from Jersey myself, I'm afraid I have to agree with some of the others. Jersey is just plain ridiculous with alot of things.

I have a distant relative that is an FFL, and we're close, and I wanted to pick something up for my Dad, and my relative just about hemmed and hawwed himself off the phone before saying, blood or no, unless I REALLY needed his help, he didn't want to get involved with Jersey. This was with a lever gun.

My experience with LEO's in this state regarding firearms has been very amicable, but hardly comprehensive. What I mean is, while they've been very nice, I have called the NJSP Firearms Division down in Trenton for clarification on certain things (shipment of ammo, etc.) and have gotten vastly different answers on different days. A paranoid would think they were keeping the policy on enforcement fungible so as to fit any situation they felt a need to fit. I actually believe that they JUST DON'T KNOW. If the Sarge in Firearms doesn't know, I hardly think the average patrolman is going to know, and when there is that much confusion, I am sure the $9 sale just isn't worth it to anyone when it may come with a trip through the PRNJ's labrynthine, multiple-interpretation firearm laws.

Also, I know that having a forward pistol grip on an AR is illegal in this state, pre or post. There is no such thing as pre-ban in NJ. I believe it's that any semi can only have a grip that is not forward of the action, or something like that.

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am not sure but I think Castle-Arms has the same thing available for order on their website and cheaper?

View Quote

Thanks for the link.

drfcolt
What the hell happened to people knowing their business?
If you are going to sell something you should know what you are doing.
I sent him the link to the NJ state police web site and showed him in black and white that it was not illegal,he was being a jerk off and just refused to sell it to me.
Because of people like that saying something is illegal has a ripple effect on other things.
By your statement about NJ high cap mag laws ,i'll bet you think they are illegal here to,because someone told you that high caps are illegal in new jersey you spread the word that they are illegal,see what i mean?
High caps are legal to have in NJ but we have to block them to accept only 15 rounds,now thats the law ,but see if anyone here will sell them to someone in NJ.
Someone said it and now it has become reality in peoples minds.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Vass
First let me say i agree with much of what you say about the NJ firearms unit,they are real good at double speak,but now you are doing it,A forward pistol grip is 100 percent LEGAL in NJ,wanna know how i know,because i was ordering a thompsom 1927A1 and got a a 100 percent green light from the state police and i asked them about the front grip and there is nothing in the state law about it,if you know where i can find that it is illegal please show me .
And if you look at Evan Nappens book on page 56 it is named as one of the guns that the state police have said is legal.
We should always be careful when dealing with any issue here in NJ ,but we also should be able to sift through the bullshit and not say anything that is wrong.
When enough people say something about an issue it can becaome reality like i said before.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the link.

drfcolt
I sent him the link to the NJ state police web site and showed him in black and white that it was not illegal,he was being a jerk off and just refused to sell it to me.
Because of people like that saying something is illegal has a ripple effect on other things.
By your statement about NJ high cap mag laws ,i'll bet you think they are illegal here to,because someone told you that high caps are illegal in new jersey you spread the word that they are illegal,see what i mean?
High caps are legal to have in NJ but we have to block them to accept only 15 rounds,now thats the law ,but see if anyone here will sell them to someone in NJ.
View Quote

I agree. You hear something like high-cap mag restriction and assume that it means 10 and above. That's what I thought and I was wrong.

But, if this guy's like many others and just sells stuff occasionally, he just may have not wanted to look into the details of sales in NJ and other states with heavy restrictions.

Not fair, but certain states get a reputation and some sellers just prefer to steer clear of them and not risk getting into a bad situation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
How does that grip attach to the rail? I don't see any means of tightening it down like the Knight's (and others) grip.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the link.

drfcolt
View Quote

Good point.  To take it even further, unblocked hi-cap mags are even legal to own if you are a member of and compete in DCM competitions.  (IIRC)  Unfortunately, its too vague a situation for anyone I know to try it...

Hey jrzy, I seem to remember something about it being illegal to 'import' any new hi-cap mags into the state, blocked or not.  What is your understanding of this?
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does that grip attach to the rail? I don't see any means of tightening it down like the Knight's (and others) grip.
View Quote

See the hole in the side at the top?  Its like the Weaver and Leupold 'cross-slot' scope mounts.  A screw goes through there...
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hey jrzy, I seem to remember something about it being illegal to 'import' any new hi-cap mags into the state, blocked or not.  What is your understanding of this?
View Quote

To be honest ,I never heard that.
And besides didn't everyone buy a 1000 of the mags before the ban?[:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Made of a strong Polymer material. Fits right around your palm. Fits under the Picatinny AR Hand Guard Rail System, or any weaver base rail.((( This item cannot be ship to NJ,CT,MA.))) S/H is 9.00 in the USA -Priority mail or UPS -Accepts Paypal, M/O.
[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-05-26/Renaissance_International_1022440033_DSCF0056.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4574738[/url]

[green]some people are just born stupid[/green]

[red]I e-mailed this guy and he replied that it was illegal to ship me this front grip to new jersey[/red]

View Quote
Good lord jrzy what the heck would you even want it for, you should thank the guy he thinks people from there, are to wise to even want it.In any situation it just looks like it would get in the way, just my dumb opinion though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top