Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 11:37:15 AM EDT

Doesn't hurt or anything, but I just noticed it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a welder or something?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing, Uncle, 2 days, dead, dibs on guns.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Damn... I knew I should have made a will up before submitting myself to internet dibs
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Damn you....

dibs on cars and ammo and property

Go to the doc bro.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#6]
You're growing a third pupil. You'll be able to see around the corner by the end of the week. Congratulations!

It looks like you've got a speck of dust in there. Go to an ophthalmologist.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#7]
have you been doing any grinding of metal?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I think there's a finger pulling the bottom eyelid down.  That'll always cause discomfort.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes come to think of it, dremel

edit: but I had glasses
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:45:58 AM EDT
[#10]
got to an optimologist now---metel impregnated into your eye is not good---go now!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

did they have side protection? looks like dremel grit or metal in your eye... go get checked out...
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#12]
you might have a small spec of metal embedded in your eye.  the metal will rust within a day and itch like mad.  You need to go to a real eye doctor and get it removed.  It's pretty painless.  they put drops in your eye to numb it, then drill out the spec of metal.

I've done this 2x, exactly a year to the day apart.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
got to an optimologist now---metel impregnated into your eye is not good---go now!!!

+10

Don't screw around with your eyesight.  This can get worse.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

did they have side protection? looks like dremel grit or metal in your eye... go get checked out...

Hope they take cash, because I don't have a lick of insurance. (Just switched jobs)
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#15]
call around to a few doctors, ask the cost for minor foreign body removal.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Thanks for the advice, I've got an appointment for tomorrow. Oddly enough, the spec is gone now. But I'm going to have it checked anyway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#17]
if its gone, you may not need to go.  You'll know in the morning.  If its still itching and watering, something is stuck and needs to be removed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the advice, I've got an appointment for tomorrow. Oddly enough, the spec is gone now. But I'm going to have it checked anyway.

I had the exact same think happen.  Metal frag in the eye but mine hurt like hell.  I was wearing glasses but no side protection.  

Went to the eye doc (no insurance) and I think i paid about $80 out the door.  They put a few drops of numbing agent in, put me in one of those contraptions where they look at your eyes under magnification, told me to hold still, and plucked it out.  Painless afterwords and freaking relieving as hell to get the burning sensation out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy a really powerful electromagnet, stick it right up to your eye and turn it on.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
if its gone, you may not need to go.  You'll know in the morning.  If its still itching and watering, something is stuck and needs to be removed.

You're clearly experienced in the matter of having metal in the eye haha the optomitrist told me the exact same thing. He said it was likely embedded it the outter layer and didn't fully penetrate. Basically call him in the morning and tell him how it looks. I was pretty worried for a bit, hopefully I lucked out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the exact same think happen.  Metal frag in the eye but mine hurt like hell.  I was wearing glasses but no side protection.  

Went to the eye doc (no insurance) and I think i paid about $80 out the door.  They put a few drops of numbing agent in, put me in one of those contraptions where they look at your eyes under magnification, told me to hold still, and plucked it out.  Painless afterwords and freaking relieving as hell to get the burning sensation out.

Oh, I was assuming it would be some absurd price. That's not too shabby.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#22]
If it's a piece of metal shaving, left untreated it will rust and cause infection. Get it looked at ASAP by a doc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#23]
looks like a foreign body

Go to an opthamologist.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Still looks better than Dusty's
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I've seen x-rays that show why you shouldn't try to get metal out of your eye
by yourself, sometimes they have small hooks on them and pulling them out
will tear your eye. Then it gets real ugly and painful.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Sissy, just gouge the bad eye out with a spoon.  Your other eye is still good, right?  Then you can get an eye patch and talk like a pirate.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, I was assuming it would be some absurd price. That's not too shabby.

Exactly what I was thinking when I walked in.  I had the CC ready if need be.  I was really relieved when they gave me the grand total.

ETA---> I believe they gave me some topical antibiotic I had to squirt in my eye for a week or so.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sissy, just gouge the bad eye out with a spoon.  Your other eye is still good, right?  Then you can get an eye patch and talk like a pirate.

'cause the good lord has blessed you with two.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#29]
<-----spelling nazi

OPHTHALMOLOGIST
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I had some slag from a torch fall down from the upper deck of a building and go into the side if my eye. I gave up at 11:00 pm that night and went in to the emergency room.He picked it out with a hypo needle, then told me to ge see a eye doc the next day. It had a rust ring around where it was, they put my head in a rest and drilled a core around it.Did not feel a thing, but it was torture until i got it out at the E.R.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

been there done that

picked it out  - did not hurt

GO TO THE FOCKING DOCTOR RIGHT NOW
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Buy a really powerful electromagnet, stick it right up to your eye and turn it on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top