Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:50:59 AM EDT
Did some searching and couldn't find anything about him, I can't be the first person to ask about this guy on ARFCOM.

Anyways...what's the deal with this dude?

http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia#p/u/8/dSp7CipN1pw

Apparently, he's a civilian...but he's playing with shit like a Glock 17 and an AA-12.   Is he .mil?  Are these movie props with really awesome video editing mixed in? Is the accent faked? At one point in one of the videos he mentions not being able to show off his ballistic knife as promised due to a "threat" he received about it in a phone call from the FBI or some shit.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:52:01 AM EDT
[#1]
The accent has to be fake.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I've read that he's associated with a Class 3/SOT shop somewhere in Georgia.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just entertainment.

There will be at least a dozen people along shortly to turn it all into a gun owner's Days of Our Lives, however.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a Glock 17.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:57:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  I figured he lived in a Class 3 state and ran a shop, or worked for a shop.  Does this still limit him to pre-86 automatics unless he's LE or .mil?
Quoted:

I have a Glock 17.

I don't know if it was the Glock 17 or Glock 18.  I'm an XD guy and don't find it necessary to know much about hand grenades.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 4:58:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The indoor range in his videos is at Guns & Gear, just off I85 in Lavonia, GA,  I don' t think he works there, though.  Must be a local.

(Link added to range.)

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.  I figured he lived in a Class 3 state and ran a shop, or worked for a shop.  Does this still limit him to pre-86 automatics unless he's LE or .mil?

Quoted:
I have a Glock 17.

I don't know if it was the Glock 17 or Glock 18.  I'm an XD guy and don't find it necessary to know much about hand grenades.

SOT can get whatever they want with a Department letterhead. He uses a Glock 17,18, 1nd 19 in his videos. The 17 and 19 have the drop in sear.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:03:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Glock 17.

SOT can get whatever they want with a Department letterhead. He uses a Glock 17,18, 1nd 19 in his videos. The 17 and 19 have the drop in sear.

SOT?  And if that's what he is, this means he can get post-86 shit?  Fuck it, I'm moving to Georgia and switching career paths.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Glock 17.

SOT?  And if that's what he is, this means he can get post-86 shit?  Fuck it, I'm moving to Georgia and switching career paths.

Yeah, in one of his recent videos he dual-weilds the AA12 shotgun.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Glock 17.

But like the Glocks, couldn't that also be a pre-86 firearm?  The AA-12 was designed in 1972. I haven't watched all his videos to see if he has any post-86 shit, and it was my understanding only LE and .mil could own post-86 firearms...not even Class 3 dealers.  I'm not in a class 3 state so my knowledge on this topic isn't the best.

Eta:  Found this post that explains it fairly well...

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?s=e1174d1aa379fdd09248549f69501f50&p=2818846&postcount=8

He mentions an LE sign-off on post-86 items, which I believe a poster mentioned above already.  I had no idea this was possible.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#11]

It's FPS Kyle, a guy who probably found a way to make a lot of money doing youtube vids about video games.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Glock 17.

But like the Glocks, couldn't that also be a pre-86 firearm?  The AA-12 was designed in 1972. I haven't watched all his videos to see if he has any post-86 shit, and it was my understanding only LE and .mil could own post-86 firearms...not even Class 3 dealers.  I'm not in a class 3 state so my knowledge on this topic isn't the best.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showpost.php?s=e1174d1aa379fdd09248549f69501f50&p=2818846&postcount=8

He mentions an LE sign-off on post-86 items, which I believe a poster mentioned above already.  I had no idea this was possible.

Woah. I had no idea the AA12 was that old. I thought it was a relatively new platform.

Learn something every day, I guess.

Link Posted: 7/24/2011 5:44:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Hes an American dude who does a fake Russian accent. He has a deal with the shop where he directs web traffic their way and they let him play with their toys. Depending on whatever SOT they have they will also have the ability to manufacture new MGs just not for sale to the public.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Glock 17.

He does a video with an M240B which I believe would be a post-sample.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#15]
If the shop is an 01/03 they can get all the post samples they want but they need demo letters. If they are an 07/02 they can go that route or just make what ever they want. Been watching his videos. I believe all his guns are the semi stuff like his gold plated AK, 1911's, bolt guns. The shop stuff is the AA12's , 240's, that kinda stuff. His accent is definatly fake but the videos are entertainment. Lot of them there is no eye protection or sometimes ear protection and he sweeps the cameraman, but they are still amusing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:06:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Frankly I don't like him. He's a bad example of the gun community and gives us a bad image. Case in point:

Tell me what you see wrong here class? How many of you pull guns on the drive-thru talk box? I know where I live that is a crime.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

LE demo letter dealer sample. Your supose to demo. the gun for the LE then sell it, not just keep them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#18]
He is reported to be professional Russian.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Frankly I don't like him. He's a bad example of the gun community and gives us a bad image. Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMyPD1VKk60

Tell me what you see wrong here class? How many of you pull guns on the drive-thru talk box? I know where I live that is a crime.

I understand what you are saying, but that was probably an airsoft gun.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:14:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know where the idea came from that he has a Russian accent, that's just what people's voices sound like when they have herpes of the throat.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

He is reported to be professional Russian.

The only one profession enough?

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Quoted:

He pulls out the same Desert Eagle a couple of times in the vid. In fact the Epic Meal Time annoying ass front man asks if he can pull the trigger at the end. Works the slide and everything. You can tell it's the genuine article. That and the asswipe obviously has no common sense.

ETA: even if it was an airsoft gun, how would your average bystander know? They are pretty convincing looking.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He pulls out the same Desert Eagle a couple of times in the vid. In fact the Epic Meal Time annoying ass front man asks if he can pull the trigger at the end. Works the slide and everything. You can tell it's the genuine article. That and the asswipe obviously has no common sense.

ETA: even if it was an airsoft gun, how would your average bystander know? They are pretty convincing looking.

You'll get the same charge for flashing or pointing a toy gun, real or not.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still my point exactly, and it gives the impression that most gun owners are irresponsible and will brandish guns around in public as a joke. Do you want that image? I don't. That's why I hate this guy. He is irresponsible with firearms and makes us looks like idiots or worse. We don't need our image worsened right now.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#25]
"As always, have nice day"
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

As always, I hope he has a negligent discharge that takes him out of the gene pool before he procreates.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As always, I hope he has a negligent discharge that takes him out of the gene pool before he procreates.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#28]
He is not Russian. Youtube probably pays him to rent those guns and make vids for his channel. Not hard people...
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#29]
FPSRussia is nothing but a gamerfag who got into some money, not in well with a Class3/SOT Demo dealer, and is playing with deadly weapons like he does on Call Of Duty. He is the worst kind of gun owner/shooter.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still my point exactly, and it gives the impression that most gun owners are irresponsible and will brandish guns around in public as a joke. Do you want that image? I don't. That's why I hate this guy. He is irresponsible with firearms and makes us looks like idiots or worse. We don't need our image worsened right now.

Something tells me that it was discussed with the Mcdonalds manager/crew beforehand. I doubt he really just did it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FPSRussia is nothing but a gamerfag who got into some money, not in well with a Class3/SOT Demo dealer, and is playing with deadly weapons like he does on Call Of Duty. He is the worst kind of gun owner/shooter.

Probably rentals which are post samples, That dealer should be worried if those are on LE demo letters the ATF could rape them.

hes no different than anyone else who rents a MG.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably rentals which are post samples, That dealer should be worried if those are on LE demo letters the ATF could rape them.

Except he has several thousand views that other MG renters don't and shit like this gets around to people we'd rather not have it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I wonder how many times he muzzle swept the back of their heads in the last bit of the video.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How exactly would the ATF rape him if they are on demo letters?

SOT's can get demo letters for anything. I could go down to my PD tomorrow and ask the Chief of police for a demo letter for an MG42, he types one up and signs it for me and i go find another dealer who has one or 02 to make me one. I do the demo for the police department and they think it fires too fast and i keep in as a post sample on a form 3. The dealer does not HAVE TO sell the gun to anybody. I can bring that gun to the range and charge people $100 a belt or what ever i want to let them shoot the gun and the ATF wouldn't say anything about it.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:26:29 AM EDT
[#35]
The 82mm mortar vid is awesome.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:28:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Gamer first/shooter second here. I'm a great gun owner....

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:44:11 AM EDT
[#37]
That 40mm Bofors vid gave a woody.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#38]
He got famous by doing videos of online COD game play. The russian voice is from impersonating the Spetznaz team.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#39]
His shining moment was when he took pepper spray in the face.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:34:27 AM EDT
[#40]
At least he is entertaining. That "SEAL" they have on Future Weapons makes me want to claw out my eyes, stick a burning rod through my ear drums and piss on my TV.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:37:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Man, you guys are jealous.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All of that is why Sons of Guns annoys me.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#43]
video gamer and douche
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I may have came too

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#45]
I like him, he is very entertaining.  

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I may have came too  

I jizzed my pants.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I was playing the very first Splinter Cell game on first-gen XBOX the other day. After beating it I was watching some of the special features with interview os some of the designers and programmers. One of them was some Russian guy that kinda looked like him.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 10:54:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

How exactly would the ATF rape him if they are on demo letters?

SOT's can get demo letters for anything. I could go down to my PD tomorrow and ask the Chief of police for a demo letter for an MG42, he types one up and signs it for me and i go find another dealer who has one or 02 to make me one. I do the demo for the police department and they think it fires too fast and i keep in as a post sample on a form 3. The dealer does not HAVE TO sell the gun to anybody. I can bring that gun to the range and charge people $100 a belt or what ever i want to let them shoot the gun and the ATF wouldn't say anything about it.

+1.

Interested to hear where the idea that he has to sell them after demo'ing them comes in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Man, you guys are jealous.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top