Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2006 2:30:12 PM EDT
I just downloaded 4.10 and it won't work.  Did they shut Limewire down???

JH94
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just downloaded 4.10 and it won't work.  Did they shut Limewire down???

JH94

The process server will be along shortly with your summons.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
my 4.9.33 version works
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Chokey.  I had that version, and it worked for like 5 seconds, then went Ka-Put!

Ya, know....I remember the days when a person could post a question and get ten serious answers before someone smarted off.  Now everywhere I look on here there is some type of shit storm.  

JH94
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks Chokey.  I had that version, and it worked for like 5 seconds, then went Ka-Put!

Ya, know....I remember the days when a person could post a question and get ten serious answers before someone smarted off.  Now everywhere I look on here there is some type of shit storm.  

JH94

\
I had that version and it would not work either, what is up?
I have morpheus now and I HATE it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I get an error telling me that I am not connected to the internet......and I have hi-speed, so WTF???
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#6]
firewall?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:47:44 PM EDT
[#7]
4.9.33 seems to be working like a charm today. Something that hasn't happened in a while.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I get an error telling me that I am not connected to the internet......and I have hi-speed, so WTF???

I had the same thing when I tried to switch. I think Norton fucks it up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

JH94

Inflation rears it's ugly head. Thegreenkeeper1span sets the rate.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had the same thing when I tried to switch. I think Norton fucks it up.

That wouldn't surprise me.  It likely reads it as being a completely different program (not just an 'upgrade') and denies all it's permissions.  You'll likely need to get into Norton, and manually allow it to access the internet.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I have some friends that use this. They paid for the turbo option and dont seem to have a problem with the old version "not sure what number". They dont seem worried about a lawsuit, since they paid the vendor for his service. What about everyone else? Are you not worried that three years from now you get a letter saying pay or go to court?

Omni
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have some friends that use this. They paid for the turbo option and dont seem to have a problem with the old version "not sure what number". They dont seem worried about a lawsuit, since they paid the vendor for his service. What about everyone else? Are you not worried that three years from now you get a letter saying pay or go to court?

Omni

It is not illegal to share files on a network.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Omni

Eh?

Wasn't there a ruling that said otherwise?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Omni

Eh?

Wasn't there a ruling that said otherwise?

No. However it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material without proper consent from the owner. Limewire is a file sharing utility. It can transfer ANY file. If you use it to distribute copyrighted material that’s your deal not limewire. Having and using limewire is not illegal. It has many legitimate uses.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No. However it is illegal to distribute copyrighted material without proper consent from the owner. Limewire is a file sharing utility. It can transfer ANY file. If you use it to distribute copyrighted material that’s your deal not limewire. Having and using limewire is not illegal. It has many legitimate uses.

I use it to send my dad some of the cool vids we get on this site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top