Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2001 5:08:23 PM EDT
Posted the link below on HKPro. HKPro (the man not the site) deleted the post and emailed me saying that it was off-topic to post a site that deals with private party sales on their site. Makes me wonder if he's another pseudo-gun lover who believes all guns and their owners should be registered. Repulsive to say the least. HKPro's site has been as beneficial to the furtherance of my HK knowledge as this site has been to my AR knowledge, but this will probably make me never visit the site again.

Any thoughts from the rest of the members?

"In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of  national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers." U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

SOrry, forgot the link.

[url]www.the56.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 6:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone? Comments? Opinions?
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I know there are several folks that frequent HKPro like me, because I read your posts every time there is apost about the USP or 1911. None of you have any comments? ANyone else? I know folks may be away for the weekend as well.

Where there is fear, we lose the way of spirit.    -Gandhi
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Put HKPros email address up so we can ask for an explaination.
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I frequent HKpro all the time.  Here's my story.  A couple of weeks ago, I met a guy who was selling unrestricted 12 round .45 USP magazines in bulk.  I posted on HKpro the above and wanted to get a group of guys together to get a good deal for us all.  Well, you should have seen the response from the users of the sight.  You'd think I was talking about sleeping with their daughter.  I ended up deleting the post because a few jerks started sending me harassing emails.  I emailed back and forth to HKpro for a day or so over what happened (I think his name is Tom if I remember right).  Basically it's like this; he's a cop, a captain I think, and he wants to keep everything on his site super clean.  There has been some mention on german television that "terrorists" are getting access to "illegal" weapons from his website.  So anything that might seem to be even a remotely grey area, he deletes.  He's a decent guy just trying to keep a clean site without all the bull.

Don't hold it personally, I'm pretty sure he's not out to get you. :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The addy is  [email protected]  

I understand wanting to keep the site clean, but almost every state still allows private party sales so where exactly is the harm in a site that provides a resource for members to buy weapons through private party sales? That's the part that I don't understand.

BTW how much were the 12 rounders running? The usual $100-150 per mag?

"Assuming good shot placement, tests in ballistic gelatin indicate that thermo-nuclear warheads with yields between 20 and 30 megatons should produce one-shot stops 117.3% of the time."  --Anonymous (In other words I don't remember who said it)
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Muad-dib
I'd be interested in a group pruchase for 45f hk mags. maybe we can get something going here. How much are we looking at??

i'd be in for 4 if the price is right.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 5/27/2001 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
DJ and Maud - I go by TaxiDriver on that site. Here is my experience - I posted some information on that site regarding the progress of some anti CHL legislation moving through the legislative assembly in Oregon and urging others on the site to get involved politically. The post was made in the 'HK Talk' section. It was removed immediately - kinda pissed me off. I think CHL rights are just as good as any other front to hold the line on, and this guy yanks it.

Gotta admit, that it is - bar none - the best HK site I have found. However, it really changed my opinion of it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 3:30:25 AM EDT
[#8]
There is nothing more irritating than having your post deleted when you have written a post you consider to be on topic, free of profanity and insults.

One thing I think is essential in this matter is that the HKPro site is maintained and moderated by HKPro himself as a "personal homepage", whereas the AR15 forums are more of a living community, made up by its members. This reflects on the way the discussion forums are being moderated. As a LEO, HKPro makes every precaution to avoid that anything illegal is being sold through his forums. Some might argue that he is being overly careful.

In my opinion, as long as the HKPro site is being run as a non-commercial "homepage", I accept HKPro's right to screen the posts as he finds fit.
However I would not like to see this degree of moderation on the AR15 forums.

Anyway, HKPro posted a pic of me on his "HK in action" pages so I like the guy.

My deepest respects to your memorial day.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, HKPro is run as a "personal webpage".  However, I received an e-mail last week from HKPro which requested MONEY to help preserve the site.  Hmm....
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
BTW how much were the 12 rounders running? The usual $100-150 per mag?
View Quote

No, even though I've paid $100 each in the past.  The deal with this guy was $85 each but I had to buy either 12 or 20 at a time, I can't remember exactly.  Needless to say, it didn't happen.  He sold all he had FAST and I couldn't form a group buyers club fast enough.  He said he'd email me if he finds another batch, but I'm not holding my breath.  I'll keep an eye out though and post it here if a deal comes up again.

The problem that HKPro had with these is that H&K insists that ALL 12 round SOCOM mags are stolen U.S. Gov. property, and that they have never manufactured any without the LE/Military markings.  So in order to stay out of the grey areas, HKPro has a policy to not advertise any standard capacity mags for any .45 USP on his site.  I've got no problem with that.  I may disagree with his "ruling" but it's his website.
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The dweeb that runs HKPro ought to get over himself.  It's the usual H&K smugness--their brand is sooooo superior.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top