Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/27/2002 2:49:36 PM EDT

Anyone ever get some really gross stuff in their food?

I got some Baskin & Robbins Rum-Raisin ice cream once and was almost done eating it.

I found myself chewing on a "raisin" that wasn't quite breaking apart right. It was the [u]second or third one[/u] I had eaten that was like that so I pulled this one out of my mouth to look at - it was a maggot.

[puke]
BTW... Happy Thanksgiving! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I found a caterpillar in my salad once.  

BEFORE I ate it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#2]
i own resteruant in garland. many roches in building sometime fall in food. people mostly think that they are Thai peppers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#6]
My aunt got a burger in DC from one of the street vendors and opened it up to put some ketchup on it.....a lump of hair between the cheese and the bun.  She screamed loud enough that the uniformed Secret Service came over from their post.

Worst one I had was a push pin, like those you use in your office, was in some fries I got from Burger King, it obviously fell in the deep frier and got cooked.  I bit in to the plastic top, luckily not the pin.

Spit it out as I was gagging........

Ugh...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Gum, in a sandwitch from a fast food restaurant.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember the episode of Seinfeld where George gets caught eating a chocolate eclair that was sitting on the top of the garbage in the trash can?  I got a similar story.  

It started out as a normal morning and I was getting breakfast ready for my two sons (5 and 7 years old).  I asked one what he wanted for breakfast and suggested an English muffin to which he replied, "Ok".  I got it all ready while eating my own breakfast. When I had it all toasted , buttered, and jellied he looked at me and told me didn't want it.  I got a little upset and told him  to not ask for me to cook something if he didn't really want it and in my frustration threw it into the trash can in the kitchen.  I sat back down and continued my breakfast and as I calmed down and thought about it I realized I shouldn't have gotten that upset.....and that I had just tossed a perfectly good muffin.  Sooooooooo, I go to the trash can and the muffin is sitting on top of the garbage in the trash can and I make a judgement call that it would be safe to consume. I take a bite out of it and quickly realize it's a bit "crunchy".....more so than it should be.  I crunch on it for about 10 seconds before I suspected the culprit.

I yell out and ask my wife, "You didn't just empty out the kids shoes in the trash can did you?"  

To which she replied, "Yeah, why?"  [puke]

Every morning we have to empty the kids shoes of the sand that gets in them from the playground at their school. All that foot sweat laden sand.....uuuggghhh, I just a shiver thinking about it again!!

I just about gagged on the spot!!!  I still get queasy when I see their feet.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I ate some broccoli once.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I was lucky. I always inspect my food before eating it if at all possible and have always found any undesirable items beforehand.....at least the ones I was aware of! One time I was preparing to bite into a nice looking sloppy joe, when I decided to look at what was in the bun. Inside I found a damn toothpick sitting on top of the meat! Glad I didn't eat this. Also once found part of a candy wrapper in a bottle of soda. Sure makes one think about what they consume doesn't it? LOL
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I found a dog turd in my salad once. It was covered in Thousand Island. I fucking hate Thousand Island!
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I found a dog turd in my salad once. It was covered in Thousand Island. I fucking hate Thousand Island!
View Quote

Man, that's just an urban legend.  Nobody eats thousand island.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Ewwwww! A worm in my salad. (The restaurant let me have the lunch for free when I brought this to their attention, naturally.)

Could've been worse, though. Could've been half a worm! [thinking]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I ate a grub once.  Wasn't accidental though.

Closest I cever came to accidentally injesting something gross was when I went to take a big gulp of Coke and some dickweed had set a half full can of Dip spit in a coke can next to mine. The bad part was it was halfway down before I realized it. I thought I'd hurl,[puke] but I managed to maintain my composure long enough to get to the bathroom, and spit out the rest of it.  Half a can of altoids, and I was good to go. [:X*]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]
one time me and my friend stopped by a pretty run down chinese restraunt. it was around 9:30 pm, and i hadnt eaten anything the whole day because i was so busy. as i was eating it down, i noticed a small piece of glass in the plate.

a friend of mine that worked at Jack in the Box in high school used to spit in the burgers of people that gave him or any of his employess a hard time.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone elses (probably the cook's)tooth.

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]
One day while eating my steak and potatoes for lunch, as usual, somebody slipped a fucking vegetable, that wasn't a potatoe, in there! Can you believe that?!?! I took a bite of a vegetable! I almost puked. It took the rest of that steak, two whole chickens and a bacon double cheeseburger to get the taste out of my mouth.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a few.
Found a piece if lead shot in some sort of meat ball that I got from the Chow Hall in the Air Force.  I showed them the lead shot and they just told me to put it on the counter and said nothing else.

I like eating Chinese food....  I have gotten light cases of food poisioning over the years from different places and found hair in some food, but the last one was wehen I ordered xone House Lo Mein (it has everything in it) well I was having a hard time chewing some of it. I spit it out and it turned out to be a long rolled up piece of cling wrap.
I never ate there again.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
my uncle chews copenhagen

he also drinks orange gatorade constantly

i was riding around with him in his truck once, and he said "hand me that gatoraide" so i grabbed a bottle off of the seat and gave it to him

he opened it up took a big swig and blew it all over the windshield

he drank his spitton. (he had the damn thing full up to about an inch from the top)
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Several years back I had a baked potato from wendys and as I was eating it I noticed something down in the middle. I pulled out a 1" long bolt !!!  I returned it to the store and they determined it had fallen out of the exhaust hood over the area they make the potatos.
They were very sorry and we ate there free for quite a while, at least untill the manager was no longer there.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#22]
My friend was at a Steak House one evening and he ordered a Big Steak. About half way through the meal, he was chewing a piece of it and bit down on a huge needle. It was probably broken off in the cow during vaccination. He like to have Shit! Freaked all those at his table totally out.

MM419
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#23]
1. Piece of glass in a burger at a local diner.

2. Little green worms in a bowl of blueberries. Bugs in flour, rice and cereal. Various worms and grubs in vegetables from the garden.

3. Roaches crawling up the wall in a restaurant.  Most restaurants have some kind of bug or rodent infestation.  

4. Raw onions in a salad.

5. Ate earthworms in a survival course. And they don't taste like chicken. They taste like dirt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Just last week I sucked a dead beetle out of a BudLight.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Glass in a taco. Won't say from where. Ding-Dong
AB
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I was eating a sandwhich at Cheescake Factory once and noticed a small roach right in front of where I took a bite.

I found a large chicken bone in a [b]FILET-O-FISH[/b] which I promptly choked on, my mom slapped my on my back and it came out.

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Washington State University's official food is Nu Potatoes (also known as Russets or Baby Reds). They serve it everywhere, and in everything. I swear to God there are Nu Potatoes in the icecream and the cheese.

Anyhow, when I was a freshman, an ex-girlfriend of mine found a live meal-worm in one of hers. The funny thing is it didnt realy gross her out, she was more upset that it reprsesented 'meat' in her food as she was a veggie. I guess even worms have faces.

Once got a short dark thick hair in a dish at a Mexican place. Being that it could have come from any number of places on the Mexicans I wasnt realy sure if I should be grossed out or just accept it as part of the dining experience.

Everyone ribbed me for that one for a while.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll that I can remember (I'm sure there have been others..) is a rock in my salad, and hairs in my food. I've had a lot of hairs [PUKE[].

Oh yeah, I ate a live bee once (not intentionally), but that HURT.

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]
A friggin band-aid in my pepper steak! And they still tried to make me pay for the food!WOOF
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 4:56:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never personally found anything in my food but my dad had some beef jerkly lately that made my stomach turn.

He was out west in Washington, he bought some beef jerky from the good folks at Pemnican. He eats a few pieces it's fine then he bites into a piece of lead shot! Looked like 6 shot. Now what kind of cows do you kill with lead 6 shot? We still have the pellet, we plan on sending it to Pemnican with a bitchy letter and getting us some free jerky [;)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had the usual hairs and other whatnots in my food. The worse thing was when me and my cousin went to KFC....he had a huge whole cochroach in his mashed potatoes!!! He started to dry heave at the table...it was hilarious! Anyways we got our money back and some free food, nothing too special.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Years ago was eating a salad(learned my lesson since then about rabbit food)from McDonalds and found a blue pill mixed in.  Now in my younger days I been known take a  pill or 2 but only the ones where I know exactly what's going to happen afterward so I call up place and they just kind of laughed and explained that the "salad lady" is old and takes lots of pills and must of dropped one.       Hmmmm  should have sued the shit out them but I was so freaked out I settled for them providing free lunch for my whole store for a week and let it go.   Still can't look at rabbit food without a flashback.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Fingernail in a jar of mayonnaise, not a nail clipping, an entire fingernail!!

OUCH!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#35]
I've got the winner.  Unquestionably, the most horrible thing ever found in food...

I went to McDonald's recently to discover they're running the DEATH BY FAT special again, also knowns as two Big Macs for two bucks.  (Where it literally costs less to buy TWO than to merely buy ONE Big Mac...and we wonder where our bellies came from...[whacko][rolleyes][stick][;D][0:)][>:/][%|]

Anyway, I succumb to temptation and get the two big macs for two bucks.    I take them home (never eat in there!) and open the boxes and....

gag...[:X*]

There are BIG MACS in the boxes!

[puke]

[stick][BD]

CJ

Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#36]
The usual bugs, hair, and chit, no biggie. The worst was biting into a fish sandwich and pulling out a 1in X 2in piece of skin with scales on it. Looked like it was from a carp (bright yellow and scales the size of a dime). This was at DMAFB chow hall 30 yr's ago. Still can't eat a fish sandwich to this day.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#37]
At a university cafeteria...I was eating a roast beef sandwich. I noticed it was a bit chewy and opened it up. There were these rings at the edges of the beef slices which appeared to be veins/arteries sliced up with the meat. It took awhile to pick them all out. I guess they weren't buying the best grade of beef.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#38]
When I was in the Navy (eons ago), a cook was caught pleasuring himself in the mashed potatoes.  I currently live in Woodland Park, Colorado - He currently resides in Quantico, Va.  

Crime = 10,000 counts of poisoning.

Sentence = 10,000 years CHL, forfeiture of all pay, reduction in rate to E-1, and the Big Chicken Dinner.

Karl.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#39]
I found Michael Jackson's old nose in a can of Campell's tomato soup, back in the 80's. [;)]
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Was eating some scrambled eggs covered with chili and thought I would try the bottle of Mexican seasoning (a mixture of dry herbs, spices, etc.) that was sitting in the cupboard. I noticed that it was really difficult to get the stuff to sprinkle out of the perforated top no matter how hard I shook the bottle. Tasted really good. At the time I thought moisture got in and caked up everything...until I was already done with the eggs and took a close look at the bottle. IT WAS CRAWLING WITH LARVAE and they were clogging the sprinkle holes trying to get out.

Another time, went to one of those mexican fast food places on 3 tacos for 99 cents day. Things were fine until the guy I went there with stops eating and pulls a short-n-curly from the taco he just took a bite from. He just laughed and kept eating.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Another time, went to one of those mexican fast food places on 3 tacos for 99 cents day. Things were fine until the guy I went there with stops eating and pulls a short-n-curly from the taco he just took a bite from. He just laughed and kept eating.
View Quote

Was he eating a fish taco?
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#42]
1/5" of a hypodermic needle in my cold cereal.  Long fucking story...
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#43]
There was this particularly piss-poor ship I was on in the Navy. They frequently served oatmeal, grits, etc., that had a large number of weevils. FREQUENTLY. Like every God-damned day. I rather doubt it was meant to be part of their balanced diet system.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I found a staple in a waffle once at a Kettle diner.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#45]
While eating at a mexican food place in Edinburg, TX, my grandmother found a bloody band-aid in her burrito.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 4:14:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've got the winner.  Unquestionably, the most horrible thing ever found in food...

I went to McDonald's recently to discover they're running the DEATH BY FAT special again, also knowns as two Big Macs for two bucks.  (Where it literally costs less to buy TWO than to merely buy ONE Big Mac...and we wonder where our bellies came from...[whacko][rolleyes][stick][;D][0:)][>:/][%|]

Anyway, I succumb to temptation and get the two big macs for two bucks.    I take them home (never eat in there!) and open the boxes and....

gag...[:X*]

There are BIG MACS in the boxes!

[puke]

[stick][BD]

CJ

View Quote

cmjohnson, everytime you post I fall out of my chair laughing and people think i've lost it.  Thanks for keeping the mornings interesting.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Deep fried Roach in fried rice from local Chinese place. ( Fortunately, detected before eating, phew! )[puke]

Ended up with an expensive health department inspection visit. [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

cmjohnson, everytime you post I fall out of my chair laughing and people think i've lost it.  Thanks for keeping the mornings interesting.
View Quote

Thanks!  It's nice to know that my attempts at blow-your-soda-on-the-computer-screen level humor are sometimes successful!

There are a couple of really funny guys who post here that have such a reputation with me that I make it a point to swallow whatever's in my mouth and put down any food or drink before reading their postings just in case they're going to be funny.  I'd like to know that I'm getting that sort of reputation myself.

In real life, I'm not all that funny because my comedic timing isn't great and I'm likely to blow  my lines.  But I can edit my works here, which helps.

Oddly enough, my other passion among the various types of discussions that occur here are discussion over legal technicalities in firearms law.   I like funny stuff, AND boring law discussions?   I guess I must be schizophrenic...or stupid.  Maybe both.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#49]
My face. More than once.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#50]
We have a chain of Chinese fast-food up here called Leeann Chin's.

I had bought a box lunch about 10 years ago. Half-way through meal I started chewing on something that seemed different from everything else.

A Fingernail. A fingernail that had been bitten-off of the owners hand.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top