Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:41:32 PM EDT
Son-in-law found himself a sweet 10" Colt police trade-in for $786 today, it would be nice to slip him the cash for a Christmas gift and I was wondering how long the ATF is taking these days.  If it's too long I'll try some other gift. Anyone  willing to guess?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
bit around a year last i heard.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:42:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Eforms are taking about 90 days on a trust.

Eta link
90 day eform
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#3]
E file can be 5-6 months. Traditional snail mail could be well over a year at the moment. EO 41p made a bad situation worse.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#4]
87 days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I thought this was the exception and that generally we should be expecting 5-6 months?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#6]
NFA Branch is quoting 4 months on eFiled Form 1 and Form 4's. There are plenty of people posting that their eFiled  Form 1 and Form 4's are getting approved in about 90 days.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I thought this was the exception and that generally we should be expecting 5-6 months?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I can tell, the exception was the 10 turn around a few people saw during the initial rollout. From the 25 page thread I posted above, it seems like most folks are getting their efile returned in about 3 months. Of course this could change, but it seems this is the current trend.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I sent in a Form 1 in February and haven't heard from them yet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still waiting on a can I bought in Feb using snail mail.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this Efile new? It's been years since I did a Form 1 or Form 4
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
April here, paper.

I can tell you with almost certainty that the 90 day forms are the beta cases run as a pilot program. When starting a new system, the .gov process is to take a few examiners and have them beta several cases to work out he kinks before full rollout.

That's why I'm dumbfounded that the Obamacare website beta'ed for 2 weeks. I work for SSA and we beta'ed the paperless case processing for 2 full years.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From what I can tell, the exception was the 10 turn around a few people saw during the initial rollout. From the 25 page thread I posted above, it seems like most folks are getting their efile returned in about 3 months. Of course this could change, but it seems this is the current trend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that's good news!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they were just testing the system and all efiles now go to the back of the line just like paper folks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NFA Branch is quoting 4 months on eFiled Form 1 and Form 4's. There are plenty of people posting that their eFiled  Form 1 and Form 4's are getting approved in about 90 days.
View Quote

So it would almost be worthwhile to start a trust at this point….

Has anyone ever used those online trust websites?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, I used 199trust.com and had it reviewed by the trust/estate attorney I work for.  He made some very minor changes, but other than that he said it was good to go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup, I used 199trust.com and had it reviewed by the trust/estate attorney I work for.  He made some very minor changes, but other than that he said it was good to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just curious…what kind of changes?  would the trust had held up without them?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't remember exactly, but I think it was just a matter of wording something a little bit differently.  It sounded like it was more of a personal preference than anything.  The trust would have been fine without it.  I can ask him or his secretary next week when I start working there again.

Edit:  I should also add that he was quite impressed with the trust as a whole.  He's been doing trust and estate work for a very long time, so I believe him when he says it's good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
would the trust had held up without them?
View Quote

Yes, I have my NFA trust through 199trust.com, and I already have 1 can in hand, and 3 more pending that were all done on my trust.  My local NFA dealer read my paperwork carefully (they had not seen 199trust before), and said it looked quite kosher.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top