Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 6:55:58 PM EDT
I'm thinking of buying a C-Dory, specifically, and am wondering what the dealer's wiggle-room is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Fleas won, eh ?  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
There will be a hell of a sale on used boats down in N.O. soon.  Insurance companies will total many of them.  Watch ebay.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
could be quite a bit. Pay what you want to pay, and have later regrets that you should have offered even less for it. Remember you may need maintenence from the dealer in the future, so a good relationship is important. Even if you do most of your own work there is usually a few items that will need tending during the first year, though the boat you are looking at is pretty basic.

I buddy up to the local Yamaha guy here so he doesn't charge me full pop for oil, plugs and filters that I buy over the counter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are buying a NEW boat, I always recommend waiting until the big boat shows that go on in the winter. The markdowns on MSRP will blow your mind. It is not unusual to find deals that are 30% below retail. The manufacturers give the okay for huge incentives during the shows.

I know guys that buy a new boat every year at the Atlanta Boat Show, cruise all summer on low, long term payments, and then sell the boat for what they paid for it in the fall.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top