Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:08:30 AM EDT
Seems like in the last few years it's not only gained popularity but also become some sort of iconic clothing line for young wanna be thugs.

I saw this one retard (a fat white boy groomed to look like he was some sort of Cholo-thug) at Costco wearing a baseball-type button up jersey with Scarface written really big in what looked like bedazzles... and underneath he was wearing another Scarface shirt of the obvious scene with Pacino and the M16/M203.

Do an eBay or Yahoo! search for Scarface clothing... you'll see just how much there seems to be a market for it.

Has Scarface somehow become a wannabe gangsta role model?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Tony Montana has been a cult icon for over 20 years. There has been more merchandising tied to the film in the last few years. You can even get Scarface action figures, and models of the cars he drove in the film. I have an orignal Scarface poster, that I got for my birthday 10 years ago. Great movie.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, yes. There's a feature on the Anniversary Edition's second disc titled, "Def Jam Presents: Origins of a Hip-Hop Classic" fetauring interviews with bling-laden gangsta moguls describing how inspirational the film was, adding, only incidentally (and pretty damned disingenuously), that that life is"wrong."
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#3]
wiggers and losers
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Al Pacino and Brian DePalma are very happy with the fact that they created a character so likeable that there are idiots out there that want to be just like him.

Man... what happened to positive role models in this country?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont get it either.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm sure Al Pacino and Brian DePalma are very happy with the fact that they created a character so likeable that there are idiots out there that want to be just like him.

Man... what happened to positive role models in this country?

Come on, people have been cheering for bad guys since the silent era.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I dont get it either.

Me neither. I rented it after the anniversary edition came out. It was okay, but not worth buying. <shrug>
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone notice, that Grand Theft Auto 3 used the soundtrack from Scarface for one of the radio stations.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont know either
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone notice, that Grand Theft Auto 3 used the soundtrack from Scarface for one of the radio stations.

Push it to the limit!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Push it to the limit!

damn...i noticed that, too
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
+1 on don't get it
passable movie at best
I feel the same way about Taxidriver and Apoclypse Now
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Scarface is a great movie.

I can't believe that all this bashing is coming from some of the same guys who think the boring, slow-paced, pseudo-action movie known as Heat, is the greatest movie ever made.

Don't get me wrong, anyone wearing the clothes from Scarface is a dork derserving of redicule and persecution, but the movie is good.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do people wear Scarface clothing?

Because.   That's why.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Tony Montana was not inspirational for being a coke-lord, he was a "role model" because he started out with shit for shit and ended up incredibly successful until the things he got into caught up with him.

You can kinda think of it like the fucks who wear Che Guevara shirts. Its not because he was a commie mother fucker who I am glad was shot, it was because he rose up and in a way unified a nation. Che the Revolutionary, not Che the Pinko.

FTR, I god damn hate Che Guevara and people who wear his shirts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top