Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/20/2003 8:04:37 AM EDT
Why do some people have a big problem with people wearing this?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:10:08 AM EDT
Because the Marines think they are special and it's the clothes that make a Marine instead of their actions. Fact is it is .gov property paid by taxpayers. For that matter the Marines themselves are .gov property paid by taxpayers. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:16:55 AM EDT
As a civilian, just start saluting all the Marines who think that MARPAT is off-limits. They can be disciplined for not returning the salute.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:27:35 AM EDT
I just want to know when they're gonna start making MARPAT tampons for all the Marines that are PMSing about this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 8:49:56 AM EDT by M4_Aiming_at_U]
Well, they better get used to members here wearing it after I get my next (huge) shipment in! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:53:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:55:39 AM EDT
Im gonna buy some just to piss them off.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:56:07 AM EDT
Paul, my boonie hat post is distinctive in that I procured a specific item - thus being exempt from the general MARPAT topics. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:03:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 9:05:40 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Because the Marines think they are special and it's the clothes that make a Marine instead of their actions.
View Quote
Really? Is that what we think?
Fact is it is .gov property paid by taxpayers.
View Quote
The same can be said of tanks, ICBMs, and Congressional Medals Of Honor. Why don't you get a CMH and wear it? It will look snazzy with your mullet.
For that matter the Marines themselves are .gov property paid by taxpayers.
View Quote
Ahhh, is that what you think of your fellow citizens? Telling indeed. Fact is, a few Marines get bent out of shape when you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes put on OUR uniform. It is OUR uniform, by the way. Only issued to Marines. It is not a generic BDU, like woodlands. When one of you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes is seen wearing OUR uniform, it just doesn't look right. But I'm more open minded about the whole thing. I have no problem with all you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes wearing MARPAT [:)]. And if all you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes want to prance around in MARPAT, you'll have no objection from me. [:)] It's a free country, after all, and you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes who would wear another man's uniform should be able to enjoy the freedom to do so.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:10:39 AM EDT
I dunno. What I do know is just about five minutes ago I almost got my ass whipped for wearing a "3" hat. The old boy claimed I hadn't "won the honor" because I never won at Daytona.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:12:25 AM EDT
No one can be told what MARPAT is...... They have to experience it for themselves...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:12:36 AM EDT
I think MARPAT threads will soon be locked. Soooo, IBTL.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:20:33 AM EDT
what this nation needs is comon sense MARPAT control legislation. this is heading to the [toilet]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:29:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Originally Posted By sgtar15: Because the Marines think they are special and it's the clothes that make a Marine instead of their actions.
View Quote
Really? Is that what we think?
Fact is it is .gov property paid by taxpayers.
View Quote
The same can be said of tanks, ICBMs, and Congressional Medals Of Honor. Why don't you get a CMH and wear it? It will look snazzy with your mullet.
For that matter the Marines themselves are .gov property paid by taxpayers.
View Quote
Ahhh, is that what you think of your fellow citizens? Telling indeed. Fact is, a few Marines get bent out of shape when you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes put on OUR uniform. It is OUR uniform, by the way. Only issued to Marines. It is not a generic BDU, like woodlands. When one of you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes is seen wearing OUR uniform, it just doesn't look right. But I'm more open minded about the whole thing. I have no problem with all you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes wearing MARPAT [:)]. And if all you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes want to prance around in MARPAT, you'll have no objection from me. [:)] It's a free country, after all, and you white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes who would wear another man's uniform should be able to enjoy the freedom to do so.
View Quote
Imitation is the sincerest for of flattery.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:31:24 AM EDT
I agree. When white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes dress up in a Marine Uniform, I'm very flattered.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:33:24 AM EDT
We think it looks the best with a WWE t-shirt under a MARPAT LBV.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:39:18 AM EDT
I don't think it looks right without some rank insignia. Would you like me to send you some Oak Leaves? Or maybe a few sets of SgtMaj chevrons? How about a nice pair of 1stLt bars? [:)] There's clearly nothing wrong with wearing a little rank, too. After all, it's just metal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:53:22 AM EDT
Hey, at the right gun show, we can find those too! Next thing you know, we'll all be coming to the swap meets dressed like Tommy Franks, complete with the pins and stars. Now where'd I see that Kettle Korn stand....
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:55:18 AM EDT
[b][size=3]All he needs is some MARPAT...[/b][/size=3] [img]http://www.mulletsgalore.com/classifications/!pix/X/hogman/DSC00216.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:56:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: When white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes
View Quote
HEY! I dont have a mullet. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:57:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 9:57:35 AM EDT by chunky709]
lets get along,,,i spent two tours in nam,and was wounded twice,and i think i can wear anything i wount too....oh i was in the army--101 air borne (aka) call sign (chunky )--door gunner
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:58:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dave223:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus: When white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando wannabes
View Quote
View Quote
You have a mullet on your soul.... [:)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:01:08 AM EDT
[LOLabove][LOL][LOL][LOL][ROFL2][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:18:08 AM EDT
I was under the impression that marpat was basically cadpat, modified and developed by the ARMY specifically for the Marines.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:20:51 AM EDT
I have a sneaking suspicion that Cincinnatus was a white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando before joining the Corps, and will be after leaving it. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:23:42 AM EDT
"the Army" had nothing to do with it's developement, nor did the Canadians. It's true that CADPAT is also digital, but MARPAT is MARPAT and CADPAT is CADPAT. It was developed at on an Army base, but not by uniformed soldiers. The M16A2, was developed at Picatinny Arsenal, an Army base. Picatinny also has a USMCR unit within its borders. So what?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:25:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2003 10:26:56 AM EDT by Cincinnatus]
Originally Posted By NoVaGator: I have a sneaking suspicion that Cincinnatus was a white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando before joining the Corps, and will be after leaving it. [:D]
View Quote
Well, I must admit that before enlisting I was not a white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando. But when I get out, I fully intend to become a white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commando. [:)] And like the rest of you backwards assed, white trash, mullet wearing, gun-show-commandos, I will also wear MARPAT to all the gun shows(and a Green Beret).
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:26:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
Originally Posted By dave223:
View Quote
View Quote
You have a mullet on your soul.... [:)]
View Quote
[lol]ouch, that left a mark[rofl2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:21:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By jadams951: Why do some people have a big problem with people wearing this?
View Quote
I think it comes down to earning rather than affording something. Being Marines, they have earned the right to wear the Marine insignia which is integrated into the pattern. They have done far more to get their MARPAT than just plunk down a few bucks. I respect that. That being said, we are a freedom loving bunch. Being told we can't do something pisses us off and rightfully so. Hell, anyone can wear MARPAT - this is America after all. When some individuals hinted at violence at the sight of a non-Marine wearing MARPAT, I was incensed. Rather than focusing on if a non-Marine can wear MARPAT, I think the discussion should focus on whether or not one should wear it. Everyone has to decide that on their own. Personally, as long as the insignia is a part of the design I don't think that I should wear it - I didn't earn it. No big deal. There are a lot of things I can do with my time, like fight for my 2nd amendment rights, rather than get up in arms because someone asked me to respect an honored symbol of their branch of service that is not meant to be sold, but rather earned. As I did not serve in the military (college right out of High School) I think it is the least I can do to show my respect and gratitude for those that have served and are currently serving. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:32:01 PM EDT
IBTL
Top Top