Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2002 1:02:58 AM EDT
Just wanted to know what you guys felt was best.  I use a chamiouse (sp), but wonder if there is something better.  Thanks as usaul.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually just drive it around for a few minutes to let it air dry.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:11:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I like a blond in shorts taking off & using her T-shirt (OK, or soft towel), but a chamois skin (real one) is fine.

If you have a nice paint job, I would stay away from machine carwashes.  And also those fake chamois  skins (actually paper towels) I think should be avoided - if they will scratch eyeglasses, they'll scratch paint.

BTW, what the H are you doing washing your car at this hour?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:20:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at work right now......just fantasizing about washing it in the morning when I get off.  What's wrong with the machine washes?  The bristles too tough or the water dirty (I hear some of them recycle the water)?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
You guessed right on both counts.

OTOH, when my old car needed a wash once, these 4-year olds with sa bucket and hose were trying to wave customers down, so I 'went for it'.  Their mama talked them into giving up their brillo pads while they were still doing the back end.....I could laugh about it then.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 1:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah that's gonna leave a mark!!!  It's the spirit that counts though.....hell with the finish!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 5:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Cats.... Long hair for drying and short hair for that professional buffed look[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top