Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 3:16:15 PM EDT by DoubleFeed]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:14:41 PM EDT
Could be - most likely a sugar digestion issue. Do you ever see sparkles when you look up suddenly? How much water do you drink a day?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:15:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:39:37 PM EDT
Well the water won't cause the sparkles. What I was eluding to would be a high or low sugar problem. If you're constantly thirsty or have sparkles its a classic sign. Do drink water though. Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:37:15 PM EDT
I can't believe you are eating Hungry Man dinners.

That alone says you are missing ALOT from your diet. Do you have any idea how little nutrional value are in those things?

And you didn't drink water today?

That's just crazy........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:10:40 PM EDT
Sounds to me like a carb issue. Are you eating a bunch of carbs (bread), stuff like that?

You really ought to try something different.

How about this:

Breakfast: Early (I'm guessing around 6)

1 cup of oats cooked in 2 cups of water. When finished cooking dump in a bowl and add a handful of frozen blueberries to cool it down.

9:00 a.m.
2 bananas, and 1 can of either tuna in water, or skinless boneless salmon.

12:00 noon
1 double meat cheeseburger, no catsup, all the veggies you want, and throw away the bun.

2:00p.m.
1 apple your choice.

4:00p.m.
1 bag dry roasted peanuts.

6:00
Dinner. Something sensible, like meat, vegetables, and salad. You want fruit for desert, knock yourself out.

Drink, water, tea, or coffee (no sugar).

Try that for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:20:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:38:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:
Shamus - truthfully, I don't know how little nutritional value are in those dinners.
338 - I'll do that.

I can tell you. VERY little. That shit is processed so much that you don't get much real nutrition out of it at all.

Do you know how to grill meat? Boil frozen vegetables?

It's not that much work to eat a healthy dinner. It really isn't. And you'll feel SOOOOOOOO much better.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:03:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DoubleFeed:

Originally Posted By 338winmag:
Sounds to me like a carb issue. Are you eating a bunch of carbs (bread), stuff like that?

You really ought to try something different.

How about this:

Breakfast: Early (I'm guessing around 6)

1 cup of oats cooked in 2 cups of water. When finished cooking dump in a bowl and add a handful of frozen blueberries to cool it down.

9:00 a.m.
2 bananas, and 1 can of either tuna in water, or skinless boneless salmon.

12:00 noon
1 double meat cheeseburger, no catsup, all the veggies you want, and throw away the bun.

2:00p.m.
1 apple your choice.

4:00p.m.
1 bag dry roasted peanuts.

6:00
Dinner. Something sensible, like meat, vegetables, and salad. You want fruit for desert, knock yourself out.

Drink, water, tea, or coffee (no sugar).

Try that for a couple of weeks and see how you feel.

I already feel much better and I'm not even eating ALL of that (just most of it).

Glad to hear it. What was probably happening, your body was processing the highly processed carbs, such as potato chips, bread, stuff like that. It turns it into sugar and dumps it into the bloodstream. To counteract the addition of so much sugar, the body produces a bunch of insulin. The sugar in the bloodstream is either used up, or converted to fat, leaving the insulin. This leaves you in a slump, as in your head hitting the desk.
At least this is the way it was explained to me.
If you eat the way that I listed, you will not have all the processed carbs. What carbs you do have are natural and the body has no problem processing them.
If you don't eat all the food that I listed, that is ok. I hope you noticed that you are eating about every 2-3 hours. That way you can keep away from all the peaks and valleys so to speak.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:29:49 AM EDT
Top Top