Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/7/2007 4:16:47 PM EST
What's the scoop. I'm 19, I spend almost all of my money on guns, and I'd like the discounts from Midway, Brownells, etc.

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 6:56:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By ar15hookem:

Originally Posted By Mxpatriot51:
So 19 would be a no go then? Have to be 21?

Yup. sorry.

But you can plan.

30 buck for the license, CHECK having an always empty bank account because of guns. CHECK, already!

Mean while hit the gunshows. Deals sometimes shows up. 2 austin shows ago, there was a cherry swede mauser for 150 bucks. Asked the dealer to hold(even gave a 20 bill to hold it) while I hit the atm. Come back 30 minutes later and his wife had sold it. I was PO'ed big time.

Now I carry 200 hundred cash when I am looking and request the dealer to set back the gun I want if I do not have all the cash while I hit the atm.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:04:05 PM EST
i love my c&r, lots of fun stuff delivered right to my door. and yes, discounts at midway and brownells rock
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:19:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
There are no cool inexpensive C&R guns anymore.

But you can buy SKS's and Nagant pistols all day long.

Oh yes there are. Just cruise gunbroker and tell me there are not. Being able to cut out a 01 FFL cut AND hassle is worth 100 bucks a trade.

There is nothing like getting a 5 pack from Century. Just like Christmas, and the fireplace just glows with all that grease soaked newspaper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:20:58 AM EST
You dont want a C&R.. Its not all that and a bag of chips..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:27:50 AM EST

My C&R has more than paid for itself , just in transfer fees saved . Just this weekend I bought a rifle off of GUNBROKER and saved $20 bucks or so and it will be delivered right to my door . What's not to like ?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:31:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:

Please elaborate. Even if you don't use it to buy guns, it seems like it'd be good just for the discounts from Brownell's, etc.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:33:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By fishngrits:

Please elaborate. Even if you don't use it to buy guns, it seems like it'd be good just for the discounts from Brownell's, etc.

Yeah, please explain the best kept secret in all of gundom. We all want a 01 ffl, but that is kind of tough to get nowadays.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:34:26 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 10:35:08 AM EST by Max_Mike]

Yea if I never bought a C&R gun I save many times the cost of the C&R license in discounts from Brownells and Midway alone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:35:08 AM EST

Newb question :

Would you still have to log parts bought with a C&R or just complete guns?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:40:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

Newb question :

Would you still have to log parts bought with a C&R or just complete guns?

Only guns .
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:43:38 AM EST
If your going to do it pull a full FFL.. Then you can get "all" guns shipped to your door, not just old ones.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:46:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 10:47:21 AM EST by fishngrits]

If your going to do it pull a full FFL.. Then you can get "all" guns shipped to your door, not just old ones.

That would be awesome, but I'm sure the BATFE is a lot more critical of 01 FFLs than 03 FFLs. I'm not willing to deal with all the hassles being a dealer entails. Shit, for $30 I get some of the benefits, so why not?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:48:47 AM EST

you go sistah
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:50:32 AM EST

you need a storefront to get one around here

aside from that it's a snap!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:50:56 AM EST
an unexpected bonus to being a cruffler. You are now a "Federally Licensed Collector", If ever you are unlucky enough to have LEO at you house, asking "why all the guns?"

Some months ago, I came home and believed that I interrupted a burglary in progress. I called PD and asked them to send a few officers over.

dispatch said she'd send an officer over. I informed her that she needed to send more than one, as even if they came unarmed, they were certainly armed now. I told her I was a FLC, so she sent the entire freaking precinct... so it seemed. I ended up with 7 police cars, one from a different agency.

No one was in my house, and the cops just wanted to see some cool guns. I believe that they would have had some other opinions had I not had my magical $30 piece of paper.

And I get rifles in the mail too! One transfer covered the cost.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:52:42 AM EST

That would be awesome, but I'm sure the BATFE is a lot more critical of 01 FFLs than 03 FFLs. I'm not willing to deal with all the hassles being a dealer entails. Shit, for $30 I get some of the benefits, so why not?

Not really they are pretty easy to pull and the same paperwork (just put gunsmith rather than dealer).. Also you can make back the diffrence in $20 transfers!! You will have to reinforce you door with all the people knocking!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:08:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By Mxpatriot51:
Being a type 03 means having to be a legit business.

No, it means you are a collector.
www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/fflc/ffl/ffl_types.htm
Top Top