Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/12/2005 10:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 10:58:44 PM EDT by Sniper_Wolfe]
Title says it all. Thanks. As of now I have "Die Die My Darling" and "Walk."

I like both of them.

I really like "The Dope Show" and "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson...I know I'll catch shit just for asking, but what else is good by this freak?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:53:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 10:54:54 PM EDT by hughjafj]
From the Misfits:

Hybrid Moment
Hollywood Babylon
Bullet
Some kind of hate
Teenagers from mars
She
I turned into a Martian
All Hell breaks loose
Horror Business

Pretty much everything by them when Danzig was the singer. The new stuff sucks ass, IMO.

Never really liked Pantera so can't help ya there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:57:23 PM EDT
just get their (misfits) box set. even has "Caugh cool". as for pantera, never liked 'em.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:06:08 PM EDT
Pantera - just go ahead and get "Cowboys from Hell" and "Vulger Display of Power". Best played way too loud.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:11:12 PM EDT
"The New Shit" is pretty good by Marilyn Manson. But you really oughtta check out The Smashing Pumpkins or Nine Inch Nails, both bands are scientifically proven to be much better than Mrailyn Manson.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:14:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By steve-oh:
"The New Shit" is pretty good by Marilyn Manson. But you really oughtta check out The Smashing Pumpkins or Nine Inch Nails, both bands are scientifically proven to be much better than Mrailyn Manson.

Alright, I'll bite. What's good by them?

The only song I have is "Fuck You Like An Animal" by NIN.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:14:55 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gus:
Pantera - just go ahead and get "Cowboys from Hell" and "Vulger Display of Power". Best played way too loud.

+1 That says it all....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:18:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ChrisLe:

+1 That almost says it all....

There were some pretty damned good tracks on Far Beyond Driven as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:18:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 11:19:43 PM EDT by 1BMF]
Get all the NIN songs you can. Except Closer, and some other NIN songs(which naturally kicks ass), after you listen to them a couple of times, they really grow on you. Just gotta listen to them all the way through a few times.

Hm..Manson...
Dope Show
Beautiful People
Disposable teens
Personal Jesus
Sweet Dreams (Are made of these)
mobscene
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:20:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 11:25:37 PM EDT by Kooter]

+1 That says it all....

The louder they are played the better they get!!!!

Almost forgot, get medicine man by Pantera as well
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:22:07 PM EDT
Like Misfits? try Samhain.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 11:24:46 PM EDT by steve-oh]
Well, by Nine Inch Nails, Most of it is an aquired taste. But some great songs are:

"We're in the together now"
"Head Like a Hole"
"Every Day is Exactly the Same"
"Metal"
"Right Where is Belongs"
"Only"
"Beside You in Time"
"Hurt" - (an intense slow song. make you realize why all these gothic kids are anti social)

As for Smashing Pumpkins,

Bullet With Butterfly Wings
Eye (great song - if you can find it)
Perfect
Tonight, Tonight
Try Try Try

And a bunch of other ones but I dont know the names because I just listen to the cds straight through.

Billy Corgan, the lead singer for Smahing Pumpkins, has come out with another band called Zwan that was okay, and his solo cd just came out, which had a few good songs on it. Try "Mina Loy" or "Walking Shade"

Good music. Enjoy

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:23:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Demordrah:

+1 That almost says it all....

There were some pretty damned good tracks on Far Beyond Driven as well.

Agreed!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:26:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:

+1 That says it all....

The louder they are played the better they get!!!!

You are, of course, correct. It's late and I'm not thinking straight..
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:28:29 PM EDT
You can't do Misfits without Where Eagles Dare. I saw the Black Halos cover it live about a year and a half ago, you should check them out too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:51:41 PM EDT
Pantera=Great Southern Trendkill. IMHO, great cd!
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:36:54 AM EDT
There really aren't any bad Misfits tunes. I will be crucified for saying this, but I like some of the new misfits stuff too. I would buy Static Age, as this is one of the best CDs ever. For Manson, try Mechanical Animals, much like when Bowie did Ziggy Stardust, or Holywood, both of which I really like. The earlier Manson stuff is awesome too, but is offputting to some as its very hardcore which is why I love it. Pantera is another band that has lots of good songs. Start with Cowboys From Hell and move up from there. I love Pantera...I paid 7700.00 for an autographed/concert played Washburn Dimebag Darrel 3ST, with noterized certificate of authenticity with pictures which I sold like two months before he was taken from us....I wish I still had that axe as I would enshrine it.
I was so proud to own a guitar that he actually played...I was giddy like a teenage Nsync fan when I would play that thing, sparingly that is....Probably played it for a total of 3 hrs for the whole time I owned it. I am a Gibson guy, so this was quite a stretch from a 73 Les Paul standard which I used as a down payment, but I wanted to pay homage to someone who inspired me to be the musician I am today. I remember when I was like 13 and I learned how to play CFH for the first time....What a feeling...oh well, the world is pretty lousy sometimes. RIP Dime.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:33:03 AM EDT
Misfits- Evillive and Earth AD.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:01:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:

The only song I have is "Fuck You Like An Animal" by NIN.

Ummmm, I believe that would be "Closer"

Pervert.

Woody
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:13:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hughjafj:
From the Misfits:

Hybrid Moment
Hollywood Babylon
Bullet
Some kind of hate
Teenagers from mars
She
I turned into a Martian
All Hell breaks loose
Horror Business

Pretty much everything by them when Danzig was the singer. The new stuff sucks ass, IMO.

Never really liked Pantera so can't help ya there.

+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:41:04 AM EDT

I think Walk Among Us is the best album by the 'Fits. I also think EVILIVE was killer. Lots of raw energy. Feels liks the Pit is in your living room when you play it.

I dig that Vulgar Display of Power record by Pantera. Damn shame what happened to Dimebag and all.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:55:52 AM EDT

Misfits - Violent World
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:57:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sniper_Wolfe:
What's good by Pantera and The Misfits? Oh and Marilyn Manson

Title says it all. Thanks. As of now I have "Die Die My Darling" and "Walk."

I like both of them.

I really like "The Dope Show" and "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson...I know I'll catch shit just for asking, but what else is good by this freak?

Nothing that I know of.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 5:02:33 AM EDT by protus]
any pantera Cd will be good. even the live 101, and the tribute Cd( cover bands)

i agree, cowboys, vulgar, and far beyond.. are prolly the best. tho there is some good tunes on Southern trendkill and reinventing the steel. Some of phils sidework.. ( down? ) is good also if you can find it..or nickle and vinnie's band ( damage plan was it i cant rember)

as for manson,, well if its a 20 song Cd theres gonna be 5 songs that suck ass the rest are good.
coma isnt that bad....
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:38:59 AM EDT
Tagged for later.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:57:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 5:58:20 AM EDT by cruze5]
nm
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:34:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By protus:
any pantera Cd will be good. even the live 101, and the tribute Cd( cover bands)

i agree, cowboys, vulgar, and far beyond.. are prolly the best. tho there is some good tunes on Southern trendkill and reinventing the steel. Some of phils sidework.. ( down? ) is good also if you can find it..or nickle and vinnie's band ( damage plan was it i cant rember)

I'd go with Far Beyond Driven and Vulgar Display of Power - both are the definitive Pantera.

Yes, Dime (may he rest in peace) and Vinnie's band was DamagePlan.

Phil's latest band was/is Superjoint Ritual. Kinda sounds like Down, only more blues-ey (IMO).

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:37:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 6:37:55 AM EDT by quijanos]
+1
Just about anything on Vulgar Display of Power

"This Love"

eta
I hope you like your music heavy
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:40:36 AM EDT
The Pantera Live 101 proof cd, ROCKS. The studio work is great too, but you get a great feel of the live Pantera show with the 101 proof cd.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:34:57 AM EDT
If you like Pantera, check out Down & Superjoint Ritual. Those are Phil's side bands and they are good. I also like Corrosion of Conformity and Crowbar. I dig all of the Pantera stuff. Lately I have been into the new Corrosion disk "In the arms of God". Check that out if you get a chance.

IMHO NIN has gone downhill lately. Broken & Downward Spiral were the peak of the NIN era.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:41:00 AM EDT
If you ever get the chance to see Manson LIVE do it. Not a big fan of him but seen him at Ozzfest a couple years ago and it was the best show i ever seen. And i've seen alot of shows.
Top Top