Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2006 11:16:25 AM EDT
Got a call from a friend in CA. Said they were at a party of the weekend and some people were doing "ballons".
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC I think it is inhaling nitrous. Great way to kill brain cells...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Inhaling the comtents of balloons filled with various compounds, i.e. nitrous oxide, butyl nitrate, etc
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Also refers to heroin use.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

it's not neurotoxic as long as you get enough oxygen.  it's the same "laughing gas" stuff they give you at the dentist when you get teeth pulled....

careful what you say in this thread, we had a thread about this topic a few weeks ago that got locked due to "promotion of illegal activities" or somesuch.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thats what I thought.

Meet toilet, say good-bye to everyone and every thing.

If it is NO2 they are huff'n, say hello to a bloody brain.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
All of yall are close, balloons, crackers and whippets are all the same thing.  Take an aerosol and spray it into the balloon.  Then suck the propellant out.  Gives you a 45 second high.  Cheap and stupid
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Its nitrous oxide....I seriously doubt his friend was calling to tell him they were shootin' up.

On the scale of serious "drugs", it ranks about a zero.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's not neurotoxic as long as you get enough oxygen.  it's the same "laughing gas" stuff they give you at the dentist when you get teeth pulled....

careful what you say in this thread, we had a thread about this topic a few weeks ago that got locked due to "promotion of illegal activities" or somesuch.

As far as I know, the kids aren't adding any O2 to the mix. And secondly, my post was in no way promoting illegal activities. I stated a fact: it is a great way to kill brain cells.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Ballons?  I think that means they were dancing.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I thought.

Meet toilet, say good-bye to everyone and every thing.

If it is NO2 they are huff'n, say hello to a bloody brain.

they call it whippits also, and it won't kill a single brain cell, and it really has no after effects and everyone please stop spreading misinformation. People die because they will put it in a garbage bag, put it over their heads and breath it in, they pass out and die because there is no O2, also NO2 bonds to hemoglobin better so your getting no O2. I don't do it, I'm not telling anyone to. If anyone is wondering how I know what I do I went thru pharmacology classes  
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As far as I know, the kids aren't adding any O2 to the mix. And secondly, my post was in no way promoting illegal activities. I stated a fact: it is a great way to kill brain cells.

not really
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Got a call from a friend in CA. Said they were at a party of the weekend and some people were doing "ballons".

You need to get yourself some new friends.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not really

OK I stand corrected. I honestly thought that it killed brain cells.... I'm bad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to get yourself some new friends.

Shok

Maybe you need a better dentist?

SBG
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#15]
No matter what anyone tells you it can kill, it will cause a cerebral hemorrhage in the brain, back in college i sucked down a few balloons and it does give you a short little high, but its not all that, The problem these days is kids are getting these really big balloons and doing them one after another through out the night. The big thing with doing balloons is phishing out, what happens is all the air to the brain is cut off and the person passes out and shakes, what kids get out of that i cant imagine. It is the same as the nitrous that you get at the dentist, but at the dentist it will be a mix of 75% oxygen and 25% nitrous. These kids are breathing in 100% nitrous, what they do before they fill the bottle with nitrous is pour in a can of whatever flavor juice concentrate so the air has a taste. Its dangerous stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

not really

Oh, I am sorry...Depriving the brain of O2 by replacing it with NO2 will cause brain cell loss....Or will the stroke cause brain cell loss?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Consider how they smuggle drugs into the country...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Consider how they smuggle drugs into the country...

Nasty. Just nasty.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Aren't you a LEO? (Somewhere I picked that up here).. Why would your friends be telling you that crap knowing you're a cop? (or were one)

So, being naive as I am, I thought "doing a balloon" was taking a hot air balloon ride up 1000' or something like that...duhhhhh  

Huffing ain't funny... I'm a former EMT and picked up quite a few boneheads that did that crap. One even thought he was an orange after a few years of that junk...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Aren't you a LEO? (Somewhere I picked that up here).. Why would your friends be telling you that crap knowing you're a cop? (or were one)

So, being naive as I am, I thought "doing a balloon" was taking a hot air balloon ride up 1000' or something like that...duhhhhh  

Huffing ain't funny... I'm a former EMT and picked up quite a few boneheads that did that crap. One even thought he was an orange after a few years of that junk...

there's a big, BIG difference between huffing volatile solvents such as gasoline, paint thinner, glue and computer duster and inhaling nitrious.  all that stuff is extremely neurotoxic, nitrious is not (assuming you get enough oxygen, as was noted previously)
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Former LEO.

We are buisness partners.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
they call it whippits also, and it won't kill a single brain cell, and it really has no after effects and everyone please stop spreading misinformation. People die because they will put it in a garbage bag, put it over their heads and breath it in, they pass out and die because there is no O2, also NO2 bonds to hemoglobin better so your getting no O2. I don't do it, I'm not telling anyone to. If anyone is wondering how I know what I do I went thru pharmacology classes  

Man, we used to get pissed whenever someone would end up puking in the bag!
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#23]
around the house doing balloons means filling them with acetylene and oxygen from a neutral flame ,after you snuff out the flame a and attacting a piece of cannon fuse,loud as all hell and will literaly make the ground shake,all with no big hole or clean up,loads of fun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top