User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2001 9:56:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
It's funny how back in the fifties Heinline makes this very point in Starship Troopers as to what caused the fall of the United States.
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
It is indeed a shame to see the "liberalization" of our country and our value system. We live in a world where it seems that whatever a person does, there is always a "backdoor" way to explain for their actions. People want freedom without taking the responsibility that comes with true freedom. It almost seems to me that society is saying that "you can do almost anything that you want, and when you screw up, it really won't be your fault due to the fact that (insert excuse).

Tyler
Link Posted: 10/5/2001 11:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't go more than a few days without commenting on how today's kids are spoiled. Glad I'm not the only one, who's genuinely dismayed at the way kids act.

Does anyone else notice, that there seems to be a rash of commercials, that celebrates bad behavior in children?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top