Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 7:46:05 AM EDT
The few I've looked at were all horribly done, hard to navigate, and rampant with ads.  Seems like the GM guys run cleaner boards so far.

Selling my 2500HD and buying an older Mustang GT (302/T-5) to play with for a bit until I get married and get a new truck...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
www.stangnet.com

corral is ok, but has always been slow for me.  
www.corral.net
There are a many others, but those two come to mind the fastest..
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
www.stangnet.com

corral is ok, but has always been slow for me.  
www.corral.net
There are a few others, but those two come to mind faster.

yup look at www.trackshop.net
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

an older Mustang GT (302/T-5) ..

Pure win. My goal also after we're done having babies and get settled into a new house.

Probably an 89 GT. From what I understand, they had the forged pistons and maybe throw on a Magnaflow and Procharger.

Nothing too stupid. Just good power, clean sound (inside and out) and fancy up the outside with some 18X9 and 18X10's with a good polish job.

Should be able to blow 500hp for less than $10 G's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:06:13 AM EDT
[#4]
svtperformance.com.  I just sold my 500 hp 99 Kenne Bell Cobra to get an 09 Cadillac CTSV.  Mustangs are great as Ive had many, but I now prefer the fast 4 doors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:07:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe that CMJohnson posts on the corral.  
87GN  used to post on stangnet.  But I have not seen him in years.

Personally, I prefer stangnet.  It was the first mustang site that I used heavily.  And the classics section had more traffic than the corral.  
Currently I am driving an 89 GT vert.  Its in driver condition with 112K on the clock.  
I also have a 67 coupe and a 73 mach.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
svtperformance.com.  I just sold my 500 hp 99 Kenne Bell Cobra to get an 09 Cadillac CTSV.  Mustangs are great as Ive had many, but I now prefer the fast 4 doors.

Uncle meat still post there?  Or has he been banned yet?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agreed.

Last year, I sold my 02' GT to fund an 07' TBSS and a Graco baby seat in the back.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pure win. My goal also after we're done having babies and get settled into a new house.

Probably an 89 GT. From what I understand, they had the forged pistons and maybe throw on a Magnaflow and Procharger.

Nothing too stupid. Just good power, clean sound (inside and out) and fancy up the outside with some 18X9 and 18X10's with a good polish job.

I learned to drive a manual on my dad's Mustang GT (302, T-5, vert, 3.54's, short-throw shifter, modified clutch, Trac-Lok, lowered, braced, etc) and Mustangs have always been in the family.  I'd love to take a 302, do some basic mods to it and just have a fun car to drive while not paying out the ass for it.  

You can get 500HP easy. 302 -> 338 or 347, blower, headwork, good to go.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I learned to drive a manual on my dad's Mustang GT (302, T-5, vert, 3.54's, short-throw shifter, modified clutch, Trac-Lok, lowered, braced, etc) and Mustangs have always been in the family.  I'd love to take a 302, do some basic mods to it and just have a fun car to drive while not paying out the ass for it.  

You can get 500HP easy. 302 -> 338 or 347, blower, headwork, good to go.

The guy that got me into Mustangs was a good friend of mine named Allen. He had an 89GT he bought from his dad.

It had the GT40 302 Aluminum block, lumpy cam, 10psi Procharger, Cobra intake, and the Ford Performance heads.

He added 3" offroad exhaust, Flowmasters, and an X-pipe. It was the old Procharger before they went to "silent drive technology," so between the exhaust and that whining SC, it sounded retarded.

I LOVED that car. Clean inside and out. He had the SC on it when he bought it so when I bought my bone stock 90' LX 5.0,  since he had never driven a stock 5.0, he said if I let him drive mine, I could drive his.

Un. Real. I ended up with most of his extra parts on mine. Underdrive pulleys, short throw shifter, new plugs and plug wires, ect.

Still one of the funnest cars I have owned. And I have owned some cool cars. I think I had about $4500 in it including the 17X9 Cobra R's and BFG Comp TA's.

IIRC, he estimated it at about 650hp.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:46:01 AM EDT
[#12]
www.stangnet.com

-JH96GT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top