Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 5:14:56 PM EDT
What's a good CCW holster for a Glock 26? URLs are appreciated!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
www.usgalco.com/HolsterG3.asp?ProductID=868&GunID=50

A 1911 is shown, but this was my first holster for my G26.

I bought a more substantial holster when I upgraded to a G23 (well, if you consider DeSantis "substantial" - I like it and it works, and that's what counts...)

www.desantisholster.com/002.html

(shown is a Beretta 92).  Cool thing about this is that the 23 and the 26 both fit in it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
IWB, I prefer the CompTac C-TAC or Milt Sparks Versa Max II

OWB, I like the Sidearmor (not great for concealment though). I have heard that the Galco OWB is good for concealing, but if you want to keep it hidden, IWB is probably best.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have this one.

LINK

It's good for almost all Glock models, PLUS I carry my 1911s in it as well, and it's a perfect fit! Blasphemous, I know, but there you have it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock 26 CCW
I IWB in a Blade Tech...very comfy
http://www.blade-tech.com/product.php?productid=895&cat=260&page=1

Sometimes I use a Galco bellyband
http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3Options.asp

and if I want to do a pocketcarry its a Grandfather Oak
http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Bianchi 105 13/15 for on the belt wear, Vega IB331 for IWB.  Both work well.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm partial to 6" boots and the Allessi ankle holster works very well for me riding at the top. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:00:08 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the difference between a Belt Loop, J-hook and Belt Hook?
Which do I want?

What do you guys think of plain ol' "Uncle Mike's" Holsters?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What's the difference between a Belt Loop, J-hook and Belt Hook?
Which do I want?

Belt Loop - you have to unbuckle your belt and slide it on - Bianchi 105 is a belt loop High quality - heavy leather.  (you can find them at Gander Mountain) - I like it for easy access to the firearm.

Belt hook - Slips over your belt and can be removed without removing your belt.  Vega has a soft leather, rough side out, ambidextrious (IB331) about $25.00 probably as comfortable an IWB as there is.  I found mine at a gun show but some searching on the internet will find them.  Best that I own for concealed wear.

Paddle - Fobus has a contured pad that slips over and catches on the inside of your belt/pants that is  attached to a molded plastic holster - easy to put on, somewhat difficult to remove in that they have a "notch" that captures the inside of your pants/belt.  Holster conforms to the pistol and you have pull hard to "release" the pistol from the holster.

Uncle Mikes are good utilitarian holsters but do not hold the pistol as close to the body as the Bianchi for example.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:48:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I was going to originally respond last night suggesting Uncle Mikes.  I have one for my G-26, and one for my G-19, both IWB Kydex

For 20 bucks, they work fine.  I hesitate to give them a complete endorsment though, as I don't CCW on a daily basis- I usually only CCW when way out in the woods skiing, hiking, so it only gets used about 20-30 days a year.  Can't speak on it's longterm durability, but it's worked those 20-30 days for a couple years now.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's what I have.........very comfortable..........quality made.  I wouldn't go cheap or you'll regret it.

www.miltsparks.com/

Executives Companion
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I've used a Fobus paddle since mid 90's. Carry most of the time, never a problem. Wait, I did break one. I went to sit on a couch and got the holster on the arm and sat down with 225 pounds on it. free replacement.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Strictly Fobus here for day to day stuff. You can't kill them, it seems.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:32:31 PM EDT
[#15]
My summertime carry is a G26 in a Blade-Tech IWB with J-hooks.  The G26 is a mildly chunky little pistol, but it disappears in that rig.  And if I sweat all over it, who gives a turkey?!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top