BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/2/2013 3:19:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
With marble, it can easily be 20K if done up nice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
$87K

About $4-7K
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I need one of those.  I'm getting tired of climbing that ladder to get into the shower.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Aprox size of shower, what type of door, how many jets and did it have te rain shower system, also heated floor in the rest of te bathroom, will you pay a contractor or will you get your flippers dirty and do it DIY ?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Um it was tile but not marble.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

6-10 than depending of course on the details. Less if they did the work themselves.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We stayed with friends over the weekend and they have a fancy walk in tiled shower with extra jets on the side and a bench with an additional handheld shower head in the back. Just curious what that runs. Oh heated towel rack too and heated floor tiles in another part of the house. Pretty cool
View Quote

wtf? are cold towels a problem? ive never heard of this before?

but yes, the rest of that could get pricey quick.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:29:44 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a must in my dream home. Walk in shower, no doors or glass. Fuck that stuff, that breaks first or gets nasty.

Would be all tiled, however someone mentioned marble. Hmmmm, I'd have to look into that. Probably not but still interesting.

I'm trying to figure out how a bench is useful, maybe some shower sex or just drinking beer for an hour in the shower. I'm kinda digging that idea now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Last house I lived in I used cultured marble for cost savings and ease of installation, about 4-5 grand total.

If you are very thrifty, do a lot of the work yourself, and skimp on materials even more than I did you could probably do it for less.  Start getting extravagant and there really is no upper limit to the cost.

The glass doors I really wanted to use would have been about 5K just in and of itself.  I compromised by going with a Kohler "frameless" (which wasn't actually frameless, true framless glass shower doors are stupid expensive) that was IIRC around $500.

Warning:  When you have a shower that can fit 4-6 comfortably with showerheads on both sides, people are going to assume you are a kinkster.  It just goes with the territory.  Have a good sense of humor about the comments you are bound to receive.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is no door, it was "kinda big" like maybe the size of big handicapped toilet stall I don't know what a rain shower system is and I once fucked up calking a tub surround I put in a rental so I would guess tiling is outside of my lane  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aprox size of shower, what type of door, how many jets and did it have te rain shower system, also heated floor in the rest of te bathroom, will you pay a contractor or will you get your flippers dirty and do it DIY ?
There is no door, it was "kinda big" like maybe the size of big handicapped toilet stall I don't know what a rain shower system is and I once fucked up calking a tub surround I put in a rental so I would guess tiling is outside of my lane  

I know a guy......
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We stayed with friends over the weekend and they have a fancy walk in tiled shower with extra jets on the side and a bench with an additional handheld shower head in the back. Just curious what that runs. Oh heated towel rack too and heated floor tiles in another part of the house. Pretty cool

Heated towel rack dries and warms the towels.  Very popular in northern Europe and areas with humidity problems.  .
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

Heated towel racks will change your life.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:31:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's a must in my dream home. Walk in shower, no doors or glass. Fuck that stuff, that breaks first or gets nasty.

Would be all tiled, however someone mentioned marble. Hmmmm, I'd have to look into that. Probably not but still interesting.

I'm trying to figure out how a bench is useful, maybe some shower sex or just drinking beer for an hour in the shower. I'm kinda digging that idea now.
View Quote

bench is for the women to shave their legs
among other things
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
5600 ish  for the whole thing assuming your not in the big apple. That's also assuming you did the demolition to a point.  Heated tiles on the rest of the floor in the bathroom will run about a extra 600 if electric and already redoing the tile. Rain shower system is just like it sounds, heavy or light rain from the ceiling. This ofcourse depending on if any other issues were found.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out how a bench is useful
View Quote

So the Mrs can sit and shave her legs.

I also started clipping my toenails in there.

Also, sometimes when you are really, really drunk, It's nice to just sit down under hot running water.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:33:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you do some of the work 10K in nice materials

If a skilled guy comes in you're looking at 20 K easy

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember going into Home Depot Expo a few years ago and seeing showers like this for around 20K.  They had some uber expensive stuff in that place.

The HD Expo by me is now closed, victim of the economy I guess.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Also, sometimes when you are really, really drunk, It's nice to just sit down under hot running water.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to figure out how a bench is useful

I didn't think about shaving legs. Any future Mrs can go shave her legs in the spare bathroom. Not in my shower! Actually, she better laser that shit off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Give me a size and I will design it out when I have time. Draw it out with locations of toilet and sinks as well
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:37:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Heathen

Warm towels, warm floor are a must, get with this or go join the troglodytes  

Seriously, the towels are nice but a warm bathroom floor is really nice to walk on in mid winter

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell with the right design, the toilet can be IN the shower. Plot Twist: The entire bathroom is one giant shower, with multiple spigots that comes out of the ceiling like a rotating disco ball.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#28]
2500 to 3 grand, depending on the size you need. (Let's say 4X6)

Now if you need a "room", all bets are off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it just the bar that gets warm or does it blow warm air down the towel? This is something I may be interested it.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Get the built-in seat. You won't regret it. You'll think up uses for it. Trust me on this.

Three years ago we had a bathtub replaced with a fiberglass walk-in shower. The additional price of the seat was negligible. We had several grab bars added because of our age. Turnkey installation was about $5k. If your tub is more than a few years old, be prepared for a shock when you turn on the shower. The force and flow is nowhere near what we were used to, thanks to .gov regulations.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:50:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
yeah I would have to figure out how to make room for it, we have a tub with jets and stuff and a separate stand up shower in the master bathroom  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Give me a size and I will design it out when I have time. Draw it out with locations of toilet and sinks as well
yeah I would have to figure out how to make room for it, we have a tub with jets and stuff and a separate stand up shower in the master bathroom  

You may want to strongly consider using an on demand water heater for the shower also if you plan on spending any length of time in it with all the shower heads running.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You may want to strongly consider using an on Gas demand water heater for the shower also if you plan on spending any length of time in it with all the shower heads running.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may want to strongly consider using an on Gas demand water heater for the shower also if you plan on spending any length of time in it with all the shower heads running.

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

No warming drawers?

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:00:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Um any pictures of said showering?

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#35]
We paid $5k for a pretty basic tiled walk-in. In retrospect, I wish I had just gotten something  like this: http://steamsaunadepot.com/steam-showers/ruby-shower.html
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
The towel heaters are crazy expensive by themselves.

Heated floor is a must have though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#37]
8-10k is a good bet here in NY who knows.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll let you know.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

We paid $5k for a pretty basic tiled walk-in. In retrospect, I wish I had just gotten something  like this: http://steamsaunadepot.com/steam-showers/ruby-shower.html
View Quote

What is a "steam shower"?

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#40]
My sammich makers dad is a retired contractor, he knocked out a wall and part of a closet to put this in, it is bigger in person, no doors, (this is in his house not mine) but having him is pretty nice since i want to add on to the house in the future and i have someone to do the work i could ask what it cost him in materials if you want

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/superjoe834/13417522-11_zps096244a6.jpg
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My sammich makers dad is a retired contractor, he knocked out a wall and part of a closet to put this in, it is bigger in person, no doors, (this is in his house not mine) but having him is pretty nice since i want to add on to the house in the future and i have someone to do the work i could ask what it cost him in materials if you want

<a href="http://s23.photobucket.com/user/superjoe834/media/13417522-11_zps096244a6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b352/superjoe834/13417522-11_zps096244a6.jpg</a>
View Quote

That's pretty sweet.

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:16:36 PM EDT
[#43]
There are a lot if variables; type of tile, fixtures, glass work, extras like the towel rack you mentioned. We just finished building and our tile cost was included in the bathroom tile so I don't know the break out. I do know the glass work alone was a few grand for ours and we used natural travertine marble tile so it jacked the price up.   Some of the extras though are less than you think, we added heated floors and it was only like an extra $1200. I could easily see spending $5-10k.

I do have an octopus drain though
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.limassollink.com/4images/data/media/10/penguin.jpg

LOL!

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hell with the right design, the toilet can be IN the shower. Plot Twist: The entire bathroom is one giant shower, with multiple spigots that comes out of the ceiling like a rotating disco ball.
View Quote

And, has the self cleaning feature.  Close the bathroom door, hit the button and in an hour your bathroom is spotless.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are a lot if variables; type of tile, fixtures, glass work, extras like the towel rack you mentioned. We just finished building and our tile cost was included in the bathroom tile so I don't know the break out. I do know the glass work alone was a few grand for ours and we used natural travertine marble tile so it jacked the price up.   Some of the extras though are less than you think, we added heated floors and it was only like an extra $1200. I could easily see spending $5-10k.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/E38FEC99-0EE6-46D3-9A80-94C2CD05F840-528-00000020CB3C9EC9_zps64301ab6.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/18D02002-67B6-4A52-8AE0-60D0C0CAD658-528-00000020F1F4EB0B_zps6b90983d.jpg
View Quote

That looks great, wife and I are looking to do something similar,  love the ocropus, where did you find it?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically a mini-steamroom.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And, has the self cleaning feature.  Close the bathroom door, hit the button and in an hour your bathroom is spotless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do you just poop on the floor and spray it down the drain?
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#49]
What's a fancy walk in shower cost?
View Quote

6-18 months hard time, probably more if they don't know you....
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That looks great, wife and I are looking to do something similar,  love the ocropus, where did you find it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/E38FEC99-0EE6-46D3-9A80-94C2CD05F840-528-00000020CB3C9EC9_zps64301ab6.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/18D02002-67B6-4A52-8AE0-60D0C0CAD658-528-00000020F1F4EB0B_zps6b90983d.jpg

I think the place was called Designer Drains in Ca
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top