Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/26/2001 4:36:27 PM EDT
So now airports are requiring that your shoes be removed and x-rayed. What's next, exploding jockstraps or up-your-butt bombs?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/26/2001 4:52:48 PM EDT by gunman0]
Yeah, its stupid. Next they will be lining their clothes with explosives. Then when they start strip searching all airline passengers, the terrorists will just fill balloons with a timer, blasting cap, and c4, and swallow them like drug smugglers. And they will still blow up planes. So, the question is what will the terrosits due once the FAA strips passengers down, then induce vomitting, then x-ray the passenger, followed by an MRI and a CT Scan, and finally shove cameras up their rear and strap them into their seat in the plane? Hey, we'll be safe right? The terrorists continue to destroy our way of life, and the government is assisting them. We need to expand the military war asap to let the terrorists know we are after them; and stop damaging our own economy and lifestyles trying to make it easier to catch terrorists.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:13:15 PM EDT
I'm just hoping that some female terrorist tries to get something on a plane in her bra. When they start making wimmenz strip to the waist at the security checkpoint, I'll be spending a lot of time at the airport. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:21:36 PM EDT
What if they started to stuff the explosives in their body "holes"?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:30:37 PM EDT
When the security guards start carrying specula, the airline industry will go under.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:38:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GovtThug: When the security guards start carrying specula, the airline industry will go under.
View Quote
Speculi?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:47:16 PM EDT
Upon further review, the call of specula stands. "Speculums" is also acceptable, but somehow does not sound right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:49:55 PM EDT
In a previous post I warned about the strong possibility of our enemy using "female terrorists." Are our bomb sniffing-dogs trained to detect C-4, Semtex, etc., when stored in the "crotchable" uhuh vicinity ?? As many of us know from a few ounces up to several pounds of plastique explosives may be stored in this "area." I believe a high potential exists for both a "shaped-charge" as well (should the female terrorists properly position herself) a "directed" charge. Is anyone looking into this potentially "sticky" situation ?? Has the director of Home-Land Security issued an advisory ? [bounce]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:53:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GovtThug: When the security guards start carrying specula, the airline industry will go under.
View Quote
GT: Don't you mean "down"? Does this also apply to the 70 yr old wimmenz that we're currently making take their shoes off?
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:53:28 PM EDT
Eeeewwwwwwwww......
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 5:56:52 PM EDT
I've got an idea. What if we just started intensively screening ARAB passengers (the troublemakers) and quit harrassing the hell out of the rest of the flying public. Oh yeah, I forgot, we're to "sensitive" to let common sense get into this. I know of an airline pilot who was commuting to work who was recently razzed because he had a nail clipper in his bag! Get real!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:04:26 PM EDT
The pilot? "OK, nobody move. I have a nail clipper here and I'm not afraid to use it. Wait a minute. I'm the pilot. S***, I'll just crash the plane"
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:10:18 PM EDT
Originally Posted By rkbar15: The pilot? "OK, nobody move. I have a nail clipper here and I'm not afraid to use it. Wait a minute. I'm the pilot. S***, I'll just crash the plane"
View Quote
An airline pilot commuting to work on another airline. Commonly referred to in the industry as a "jump seat", a professional courtesy ride.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:30:40 PM EDT
In 1994 Auburn Calloway, a FedEx pilot sitting in the jump seat of a FedEx DC-10 attacked the flight crew with a hammer and attempted to crash the plane. Against all odds the severely injured pilot managed to safely land the plane. AFAIK all airline personnel including the flight crew are now subject to the same restrictions as the passengers. Of course that doesn't make any sense since the flight crew has access to an assault axe in the cockpit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:01:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: In a previous post I warned about the strong possibility of our enemy using "female terrorists." Are our bomb sniffing-dogs trained to detect C-4, Semtex, etc., when stored in the "crotchable" uhuh vicinity ?? As many of us know from a few ounces up to several pounds of plastique explosives may be stored in this "area." I believe a high potential exists for both a "shaped-charge" as well (should the female terrorists properly position herself) a "directed" charge. Is anyone looking into this potentially "sticky" situation ?? Has the director of Home-Land Security issued an advisory ? [bounce]
View Quote
This is no joke, Sri Lanka is short one head of state thanks to a lady who blew herself up in a receving line while shaking hands with him. Since she was wearing a [i]sari[/i] the chance of the explosives hiding in her clothes was nil, they had to be in her. Think this was in 97 or 98...
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 9:10:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Originally Posted By 5subslr5: In a previous post I warned about the strong possibility of our enemy using "female terrorists." Are our bomb sniffing-dogs trained to detect C-4, Semtex, etc., when stored in the "crotchable" uhuh vicinity ?? As many of us know from a few ounces up to several pounds of plastique explosives may be stored in this "area." I believe a high potential exists for both a "shaped-charge" as well (should the female terrorists properly position herself) a "directed" charge. Is anyone looking into this potentially "sticky" situation ?? Has the director of Home-Land Security issued an advisory ? [bounce]
View Quote
This is no joke, Sri Lanka is short one head of state thanks to a lady who blew herself up in a receving line while shaking hands with him. Since she was wearing a [i]sari[/i] the chance of the explosives hiding in her clothes was nil, they had to be in her. Think this was in 97 or 98...
View Quote
I'm beginning to believe the only "safe" way for the public to fly is on "single passenger" planes piloted remotely. Admittedly the above was written or attempted to be written in a humourous manner. However if this were to actually happen tomorrow I would not be surprised.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:21:24 AM EDT
I'm waiting for those full sized, walk thru X-ray machines ala Total Recall.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:20:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: I'm waiting for those full sized, walk thru X-ray machines ala Total Recall.
View Quote
OK, Now you are begining to scare me..
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:38:36 AM EDT
I recently made a business trip to California, I noticed something while the security screeners were telling us that we couldn't bring [i]cuticle scissors[/i] on the aircraft. Lots of people in front of me were carrying water bottles. You know, Dasani, Arrowhead, etc. The thought occurred to me that if I wanted to bring down an airliner, all I'd have to do is fill a quart water bottle with Everclear. I sincerely doubt that one of those checkpoint charlies would notice that the fluid in my bottle wasn't water. Reach altitude, empty the contents on the floor, strike a match, and WHOOMP! Crispy critters. When are we going to realize that if some maniac wants to bring down a plane, airport security ain't gonna stop him? Only the other passengers on board can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:18:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2001 9:21:18 AM EDT by Imbroglio]
I demand that ALL passengers be required to change into FAA approved see through jumpsuits at the airport before boarding any flights. No articles of clothing, carry-on luggage, laptops, etc. would be allowed in the passenger compartment. All clothes would then be screened and then placed with the check in baggage. Upon arrival at the destination, the passengers would be allowed to redress in their original clothes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 9:27:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: I demand that ALL passengers be required to change into FAA approved see through jumpsuits at the airport before boarding any flights. No articles of clothing, carry-on luggage, laptops, etc. would be allowed in the passenger compartment. All clothes would then be screened and then placed with the check in baggage. Upon arrival at the destination, the passengers would be allowed to redress in their original clothes.
View Quote
Won't work. The passengers have got to be nude with all orfices checked an plugged. All clothing and baggage will follow in the "luggage and clothing" glider. The airlines will love this as they can do away with toilets and food/drink. The dem's will love it because a new class of security personnel "Orfice Checkers" will be required.
Top Top