Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:44:48 PM EST
I'm looking for some good music to listen to. I'd like some good metal suggestions. Non-libtard music would be a plus (I got through part of one Otep song until I realized it was just a bitch about OIF, otherwise I would have enjoyed it).
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:17 PM EST
Can't help you with metal. In my younger days yes, but I'm past that now.

Right now I am listening to the same thing I am always listening to when I am on ARFCOM - Brian Eno's APOLLO album.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:56 PM EST
What do you like, specifically?

Some of my favorites are Lamb of God, Slipknot, Bleeding Through, Devildriver, and Demon Hunter.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:52 PM EST
Originally Posted By DarkCharisma:

Some of my favorites are Lamb of God, Slipknot, Bleeding Through, Devildriver, and Demon Hunter.

Right now my Ipod has Atreyu, Dethklok (yes, it's from a cartoon. still like it), Led Zeppelin, Flyleaf, Mudvayne, Nightwish, and some other junk.

I'm really just looking for suggestions so I can hunt for it myself for the most part.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:13 PM EST
Dream Theater and/or Sevendust
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:

Right now my Ipod has Atreyu, Dethklok (yes, it's from a cartoon. still like it), Led Zeppelin, Flyleaf, Mudvayne, Nightwish, and some other junk.

I'm really just looking for suggestions so I can hunt for it myself for the most part.

Thanks

FAIL
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:05:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hendricks5150:
Originally Posted By SV650Squid:

Thanks

FAIL

true. That's why I'm looking for something to listen to.

I'd still hit it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 7:11:49 PM EST by DarkCharisma]

Dream Theater gets a big +1 I just never considered them "Metal."

I guess you could throw Fear Factory, Manson, and Rob Zombie out there for me as far as suggestions go.

Have you tried Parkway Drive, Diecast, or Black Light Burns?

edit: Hellyeah is really good too. Sounds like Mudvayne's LD50 album as far as intensity goes.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:14:35 PM EST

I guess you could throw Fear Factory, Manson, and Rob Zombie out there for me as far as suggestions go.

edit: Hellyeah is really good too. Sounds like Mudvayne's LD50 album as far as intensity goes.

Prog rock mainly. Some of it is metal, mainly their new stuff is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59-FjAUQDno

I have heard a little Hell Yeah, not too much.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:14:52 PM EST
I'm listening to Comidian Robert Schimmel, funny stuff
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:15:44 PM EST
Maiden FTW!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:16:02 PM EST

The awsomely accurate sounds of the gunplay on the Miami Vice movie.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:19:15 PM EST
Amon Amarth, Darkest Hour (more hardcore than metal, I guess), Lamb of God, Swallow the Sun, Mastodon, Shadows Fall, Killswitch Engage are all pretty good for metal.

Isis, Cult of Luna, and Pelican are all good post-metal.

If you like the previous three, I would then suggest giving a listen to Mogwai for some fairly hard post-rock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:20:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:31:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/15/2009 7:33:24 PM EST by DarkCharisma]
You may like Whitechapel

Prog rock mainly. Some of it is metal, mainly their new stuff is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59-FjAUQDno

I have heard a little Hell Yeah, not too much.

Yeah I always called them prog rock. Their new CD is pretty good––A lot different than Octivarium.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:08:04 PM EST
Originally Posted By omega62:
Can't help you with metal. In my younger days yes, but I'm past that now.

Right now I am listening to the same thing I am always listening to when I am on ARFCOM - Brian Eno's APOLLO album.

Brian Eno is the damn win....no matter how you stack him. Here's my current "soundtrack" playlist that I listen to when I'm browsing...it almost never changes.

My re-mixed version of "Moorland" is probably the most rare MP3 that I own, seeing as a friend ripped it from laserdisk, looped it, and re-mastered it. It's the best damn soundtrack/music of all time.
Nothing comes close. The crap that you can buy titled "Moorland" sounds nothing like it. The only way you can hear it the way it's supposed to sound is to go rent the movie "The Keep" and you can hear it when Scott Glenn's character is sailing across the ocean.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:30:09 PM EST
At the moment I'm listening to my dog sleep-barking.
Top Top