Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 4:52:31 PM EDT
I have seen many styles of CC. From many holsters to all manner of clothing. Lanyards, & Belly Bands, Thunder Wear, & CC undershirts & so on. Magills has a bunch of coats, & vest to name a few. I have heard of pants that are designed to hold CCW's. I see the prices, & just feel lost as to what to get without spending a small fortune.
I have gotten kind of chunky since I quite running marathons, although I do plan to remedy that soon, so I want something that wont be in my waiste line, & with the Texas heat most of the year, I want something that will work without a lot of layers of clothing. So then,what is your favorite type of CC clothing?
If your a heavy weight what works really good for you?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
My main primary carry gun, a compact 10+1 9mm, is carried in a DeSantis Cozy Partner  IWB holster. My back up, a Kel-Tec P32 is carried in a Uncle Mike's pocket holster. My cold weather, heavy coat and gloves gun is a Taurus PT92, carried in a Galco SOB holster.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock 21 in a paddle holster, I wear somewhat loose clothes and a 44R trenchcoat.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock 27 in either a leather holster, or a MilTec IWB in the small of my back.  Either way, ready for response!
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I carry usually in a front mounted IWB Uncle Mike's holster with the extra clip pouch. My spare tire does a good job hiding a Glock 17 or a PPK.

I have tried the back carry and it prints too well in the summer.

Since it is cooler now, I also can carry my PPK in the interior gun pocket of my flight jacket.

When carrying it in the groin area, I am usually wearing BDU pants or loose jeans.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
What your method of CC?
View Quote

Depends, there are times I use a Galco shoulder rig, sometimes a SOB rig, a Horeshoe Leather belt holster or a Royal Robbins 511 vest.
As to being a heavy weight, I 'claim' 921 pounds but, that was before my diet.[:D]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
AILapua, you can just call me tiny Tim.[:D]
Is that with or without your shoes on?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a Royal Robbins 511 Tac. vest a few days ago and used it today for really the first time. I was thoroughly impressed. My .380 Sig looked lost in the big inside CC pocket...guess I need a gun to fit the vest (new excuse). I bought the XL size (I'm 6-1, 220) and it's a little on the roomy side. The Large might have been a better choice for me. Quality of the vest is top notch and there's tons of pockets. Lightfighter and Brigade Quartermaster both have 'em as I recall.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
What did it cost you Spudgunner?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I pack a BHP in a Fobus belt holster, FBI style.  I usually just wear a shirt with the tail out.  I am sure that it prints, but only another CCW would know its a P35 and not some tools.  Ops
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The aloha style shirt is key to looking good while carrying concealed. It's properly worn untucked, so you don't look like a slob, and there are a lot of different varieties of them out there, like bowling shirts, etc, not just ugly assed flowers and hula girls. Get yourself a quality IWB holster like a Sparks' Versa-Max II and an aloha shirt, and you're in there like swimwear.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Deep cover.... "Brown Carry"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top