Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/21/2005 6:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 7:25:10 PM EDT by imq707s]
I've been reading that many of the residents of N.O. who were prepared for the hurricane and decided to stay and protect their homes from looters were subjected to a "door to door search and seizure" by the police. Law abiding residents that were doing just fine on their own were forced to let the police into their homes, and give up any and all of their guns.

Legal or not.........what would you do in a situation like this? Would you give up all of your high-priced guns, and all of your ammo knowing that there was little if no chance that you would ever get them back?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:56:28 PM EDT
"The day they come to the door to confiscate your guns is the day you need your guns" - unattributed source.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:01:02 PM EDT
Why do I have firearms if I wanted to target practice I'd use an air rifle. I could care less who it is.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:07:46 PM EDT
So you would kill a cop to protect your firearms?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:10:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2005 7:14:51 PM EDT by staraero]
Lets hope we don't have top find out

My dads a cop, he really piss's me off sometimes but I'd miss him. I will fight for my rights.

A cop is a person in a cop uniform, there is no difference between him or me or anybody.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:19:48 PM EDT
In that situation it wouldn't be about protecting my (replacable) guns, it would be about protecting my family and property. Which is why I have them to begin with.

Either way I'm hit if you think about it. If I "draw down" on the police to keep the only protection we have, they'll just keep sending 'em. NG if neccesary to remove me, now the "threat". So either way it goes I lose.

As a great man once said- "Cold dead hands"

because you lose either way in this "free" country.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:26:38 PM EDT
I would have opened fire.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:39:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By imq707s:

I'd try.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:41:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PeteCO:

I'd try.

The day is coming, isn't it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:43:09 PM EDT
I am sworn to uphold the constitution so if they show up for my firearms I will be forced to do my duty. There is such a thing as a domestic enemy, correct ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:43:37 PM EDT

Let's hope I never have to decide. I wouldn't want to, but I know what I'm not doing and that's handing them over.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:44:11 PM EDT
I wouldnt be in a place like New Orleans to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:53:42 PM EDT
I would get names and badge numbers, give up my guns because I would have kids in house and dont want stray bullets from JBT's hitting my boys. And then sue the holy shit out or everyone from the State,governor,mayor and each individual cop for illegal S&S + civil rights violations and retire a rich man.
Of coarse I wouldnt be in that situation to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:54:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MST2:

+1

Nice to visit, not to live in.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:54:47 PM EDT
Kill them dead and do a little dance on there dead bodys.

"Damn if I wouldent go to church on sunday,look the preecher in the eye."
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:56:24 PM EDT
Funny how many of you say you'd kill 'em dead and how many people in NO actually did that....uhm, seems like ZERO?

How many of them posted that they'd kill 'em dead on Ar15.com?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:56:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CRC:

Originally Posted By MST2:

+1

Nice to visit, not to live in.

Not anymore...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:57:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wraithtouch:
I would get names and badge numbers, give up my guns because I would have kids in house and dont want stray bullets from JBT's hitting my boys. And then sue the holy shit out or everyone from the State,governor,mayor and each individual cop for illegal S&S + civil rights violations and retire a rich man.
Of coarse I wouldnt be in that situation to begin with.

Good idea, but how do you plan to stay alive in whatever dome they put you and thousands of others in?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:03:20 PM EDT
Lets just say I know where the body armor stops and what it is rated to stop. Pelvis/hip /upper thigh(femoral areteries) followed by head shots. If their entering my home illegaly because of an unlawful order without a warrant or probable cause, they have ceased being cops. This was intended to be a free country and if I choose to not go with the "herd" to designated "Cattle Areas" it is just that my choice the Gov. as ruled by the Supreme Court is not legally responsible for my safety. If I choose to go elsewhere or stay put it is just that my choice.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:03:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/22/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT by SgtWhiting]

No need too, there are always alternatives.

When you see the PO PO coming, of course this means there are no bad guys in the area.

Hide your guns well, cause you won't need them.

Lock your doors and meet them outside with a video camera in the "on" position.

Tell them they are on private property and they cannot search your home.

Tell them you want to stay.

If they ask if you have firearms tell them it is none of their business.

When they leave, break them back out.

FWIW - Cops don't like camera's on them when they are in the wrong.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:04:07 PM EDT
could you not just hide all of your guns somewhere in the house? if you had a safe why not just fill it with things that a cop might think are worth money. this could at least give you a reason for having a safe. i for one, would not let my guns get taken by anyone.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:06:44 PM EDT
I'd yell out, "TOP A THE WORLD, MA! HAHAHA!"

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:08:22 PM EDT
I would have loaded up my family and my guns and left town.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:11:12 PM EDT

Because of a previous situation we can not answer this in the open forum without being banned. They have super citizen status.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:19:16 PM EDT
It would really be to our greater benefit in terms of civil rights and liberties if someone were to force a situation. The JBTs come to "rescue" or "evacuate" you forcibly for "your own protection" and were met with someone forcibly resisting. It would make very clear that we are becoming subjects and not citiczens. Ultimately the resister would be killed by those sent to "protect" and the backlash would be dramatic. As a sidenote the Libertarians and non-Neocon Republicans would move to the forefront.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:22:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:
"The day they come to the door to confiscate your guns is the day you need your guns" - unattributed source.

quote of the year
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:25:14 PM EDT
i would have to defend "old" american promises and values...shootin all the way
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:37 PM EDT
all talk.
Top Top