Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 1:04:50 PM EDT
I am looking at purchasing a Colt pre-ban lower.  I will need to also purchase a upper.
I am looking for the following:

A2 sights

1x9 20" hbar   chromed

flat top

Who would you buy the upper from  Bushy, DMPS, etc ?

Thanks, Tim
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, from your post I'm guessing that you don't mind a "parts gun."  (i.e. Mismatched upper and lower.)

First, I'd avoid the Colt.  You're paying extra money for a prancing pony on the side.  In addition, you might have to deal with sear blocks, non-standard parts, funny upper/lower joining holes, and/or a lower that requires a special type of Colt proprietary bolt carrier.  Basically, unless you find a green label at a fair price, why bother?

I'd actually recommend a PWA lower.  Many are preban, and they are a LOT less expensive.  The quality is there; hell, many folks say that they're build like a rock.  For the price of a preban Colt lower, you could get a standard preban PWA lower [b]and[/b] a quality upper.

But, as for your question, if you absolutely must have that Colt lower, get yourself a Colt upper.  (Just make sure that any sear block/funny holes/blue label issues are adequately addressed with your upper.)  If not a Colt, go for a Bushmaster.  I have only ever heard one complaint about a Bushmaster upper, and Bushmaster fixed its error immedately and ate shipping costs.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with the PWA lower, I have had two and both were quite satisfactory and am a big fan of Bushmaster Arms.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am looking at purchasing a Colt pre-ban lower.  I will need to also purchase a upper.

A2 sights

1x9 20" hbar   chromed

flat top

Thanks, Tim
View Quote

I have a friend interested in selling her pre ban PWA lower attached to a standard green label type Colt 1/7 HBar upper. The rifle was definitely assembled prior to the ban. It used to be mine. I bought it at the OGCA show in Sept. of 92 at the IX center in Cleveland. If your interested e-mail me and I will hook you up.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:35:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A2 sights

1x9 20" hbar   chromed

flat top

Thanks, Tim
View Quote

Why?

I do not see an advantage to a preban rifle.  What is you reasoning?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top