Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 5:56:53 PM EDT
Here's the deal. On June 3rd I ordered a Wilson CQB with an Ambi Safety and a speed chute. I was Quoted 8 weeks by Wilson. I paid Cash up front. I call this week and find out that they have no frames in stock and knew this when they took my order. They are telling me I can either cancel my order or wait. If they get frames in next week, which is when they are expecting them, I might see it towards the end of September. Unless they run out again. (Thanks alot Kimber) So I can wait. Which I am not really happy about doing since they already blew one delivery date (I run Transportation for a Fortune 500 Company so delivery dates are my little pet peeve) or My dealer has a Springfield Proffesional Model for $1998 that has 250 rounds through it. Or I can say screw it and save a little more to get an STI. I am really looking for a high end 1911 with a proven record of reliability for carry. And please don't tell me to get a Kimber I don't want any firing pin blocks. So what would you do with almost $2000 sitting on the table?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy another pre-ban AR. Or a Shrike belt fed upper. [:D]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#2]
A little hard to conceal that in the summer though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Point taken. [;)]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know why you would buy handguns in NC unless you love the sheriff's little bound book with ALL your information........

As for me I'd rather die free than live registered (otherwise I would CCW also). I live in NC too.

Colt has some good 1911s for my money.

CRC
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I did spend about 6 months deciding what to get and it was a draw between the Springfield and the Wilson. The three main reasons I went with the Wilson are

1. Wilson's Reputaion for excellent Customer Service. This has been shot to hell in my opinion since they quoted a time they knew they couldn't meet. This in my opinion is a lie and I don't know if I want to trust my life (since this will be a CCW gun) to a company that has lied to me.

2. I hadn't seen a Profesional in person and I had seen a CQB in person. I have seen a Profesional in person now. and think they are about equal.

3. Springfield said there was a 6 month wait for the Profesional and Wilson Quoted 8 weeks.

Most of my reasons for going for the CQB are moot now and it is pretty much a draw. So I am looking for opinions here to help me make the decision.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you thought about Dawson Precision?  All their house gun frames are CNC machined in-house, and I've never heard a bad thing about them.  [url]http://www.dawsonprecision.com[/url]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top