Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:14:25 AM EST
You receive an unsolicited message from an EBay member on an item (CompM4) you purchased months ago.

"On your Brand new sight reflex (#2604242XXXXXXX), I bought one from the same seller and just found out that it's stolen military. Having Army CID show up at your front door and taking your sight is not a fun experience. I would call Aimpoint and describe all the contents of what your received to see if its stolen. I just don't want you to be out all that money.

Hunker down and wait for further developments or take the advice? What say the hive? [://

I don't want the money back and would probably have to file with EBay to get a refund. I'm not interested in shafting the military either.

I would like to keep the item.....let sleeping dogs lie...or ask questions?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:15:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 7:15:50 AM EST by XMM]
Originally Posted By icemann0:
You receive an unsolicited message from an EBay member on an item (CompM4) you purchased months ago.

"On your Brand new sight reflex (#2604242XXXXXXX), I bought one from the same seller and just found out that it's stolen military. Having Army CID show up at your front door and taking your sight is not a fun experience. I would call Aimpoint and describe all the contents of what your received to see if its stolen. I just don't want you to be out all that money.

Hunker down and wait for further developments? What say the hive? [://

I don't want the money back and would probably have to file with EBay to get a refund. I'm not interested in shafting the military either.

This.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:16:42 AM EST
If Army CID is at the point where they're contacting purchasers, the seller is most likely not in a position to be able to issue a refund.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:10 AM EST
Are you sure you actually received the item? Maybe you didn't. Stuff gets lost in the mail all the time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:33:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:21 AM EST
They will get in touch with you if they want to. I bought a laser off the EE several years back and several months later I got an email from a CID investigator telling me it was stolen. The guy ended up in prison and they told me to keep the laser.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 7:41:24 AM EST by icemann0]
Originally Posted By mcnizzle:
Are you sure you actually received the item? Maybe you didn't. Stuff gets lost in the mail all the time.

I see what you did there....
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ponyboy:
They will get in touch with you if they want to. I bought a laser off the EE several years back and several months later I got an email from a CID investigator telling me it was stolen. The guy ended up in prison and they told me to keep the laser.

Good to know...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:39:40 AM EST
Personally, I'd call. Due diligence.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:45:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 7:45:55 AM EST by SigSauerNY]
ummm nooo speaaky thaa enlesshhh me, ookay lawv ameweeeeca

- dibs on guns, ammo, and sights
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:59:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:
An unsoliceted email on Ebay is worth exactly what you paid for it. If CID wants the item, they will show up and have a chat with you.

I have seen more than one person send such emails out in an attempt to discredite someone who competes with them on there.

+1 I would just sit tight. You have done nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:12:22 AM EST
No news is good news?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:16:00 AM EST

Originally Posted By icemann0:

Hunker down and wait for further developments or take the advice? What say the hive? [://

If CID wants to talk with you, they will let you know.
Top Top