Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 1:12:41 PM EDT
I finally decided to start carrying 2 extra mags with my Kimber CCW. I went to the local fun store, & paid for a dbl mag holder. Galco by brand. I wanted the color to match my sob holster, & they were out of stock & said 7 to 10 days, & they would call when it came in.

I waited 14 days & went in, they siad any day it should be in. Then I continued to go in being polite every time, & asked knowing & acknowledging I hadn't been called. Finally after 6 weeks of waiting & checking every 4 to 7 days, I was told that Galco was temporaly out, & wouldn't be making another run of that particular item for another 3 weeks or more. I have waited another 2.5 weeks & I will admit I'm slightly miffed at their inability to procure such a simple item.

What would you do?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't really say. I only carry 1 extra mag.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
since you have 2 extra mags.....

draw down
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Cancel my order, find someone who cares about my business.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Cancel the order and order it directly from someone who has them in stock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Draw Down®?  Without a car wash nearby?  Tough call.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
www.copsplus.com/prodnum1951.php

Dang! I paid more than $42.00!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Draw Down®?  Without a car wash nearby?  Tough call.

he's got enough ammo to fight his way to the nearest car wash
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Order Fobus off the internet....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Order Fobus off the internet....

I want to stick with Galco. It's just that this isn't like a custom made part, or hard to find rare item. It's a massed produced common item.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, you already paid for one that you don't have (what was the deal there? It isn't like that was a custom item). Buy one from someone else and if the first one ever shows up you can carry 4 extra mags.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Galco makes great stuff, but I've seen this kind of thing before with them. And there's other companies out there that make ultra-quality leather goods as well. Shop around the 'net.

One of my neighbors/shooting buddies special ordered a wallet holster for a Beretta Tomcat and they yanked and cranked him around for about 3 months before he demanded his money back. Bought something else instead.

And get this-we live LESS THAN 2 MILES from Galco. He walked in and ordered it. It wasn't like he was ordering from Greenland or some shit like that.

I bought a Bianchi Minimalist for my Sig off the internet for about $12 less than the same Galco model, including shipping.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:46:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Boycott Galco!!!

GALCO                                          
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Admit to myself if I'm ever in a situation that I need more then 1 mag for my pistol I'm in over my head and probably fucked anyways, cancel my order, take the money and go buy a case of beer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Admit to myself if I'm ever in a situation that I need more then 1 mag for my pistol I'm in over my head and probably fucked anyways, cancel my order, take the money and go buy a case of beer.

That's weird, after all the times I've seen on this board about how important it is to have an exta mag or 2 for one's CCW.

I know in Texas if you begian to defend some one with your ccw, that you can't stop defending them because you become out numbered or things get to hot. So if say, an old lady is being accusted by someone & you end up "drawing down on them, & 6 more evil folks with machine guns jump out of a van & join their buddy, you can't legally stop what you started.

So in any case, I don't think having extra mags for my CCW says I'm in over my head. May even mean just the oppisit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top