Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2002 11:31:36 AM EDT
OK, I'm at work, it's a little slow, thought I'd toss this question out to you gung ho mofos. I am not naive enough to believe that we-humans-are unique to the universe. There's gotta be something/someone else out there, somewhere. So here's the question/situation:
You're out camping and/or hunting, and a UFO lands nearby. You grab your favorite protection piece and go to investigate. When you get there, a life form is exiting the craft. Do you A) Try to be the "peace delegate" and make contact?
OR
B) Blow it away, take pictures, sell 'em, become rich, and possibly be the catalyst that starts interplanetary war?
Will it make a difference if the ET looks human or somewhat human, or looks like a T-Rex- toothed slug that escaped from the set of Men in Black?
My answer: If it appears somewhat human and unarmed, make contact. If it looks something like the alien in "Alien", I'm opening up.
And, no, I don't know where you can get a bag of that shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd think you could get MUCH more money exploiting their technology then you could taking pictures that the government will probably suppress anyway.

Just doing my part for intergalactic diplomacy.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:53:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I say...I will make a business deal with that alien. Get him sign on the dotted line that I will have full marquetting right and trademark....then start selling tickets.

Voyage to the moon and back in an alien spaceship.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd call INS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top