Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/14/2002 6:19:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/14/2002 6:22:44 PM EDT by ECS]
Need help remembering all of them. Flight Super strength - bend steel, bad guys etc. X-Ray Vision - see thru walls Super fast running Radiation from Kryptonite damn near kills him. Seem to remember on the old B&W TV he could spit into two ordinary people and be in 2 places at the same time? Stop bullets maybe? surely he can stop a 223 round...ha ha ha ha should have shot him with 308.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:32:36 PM EDT
Don't forget the super (freezing?) breath.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:34:14 PM EDT
He could also focus the beams in his eyes to start fires. Use his super breath to put out the fire he started. the old B&W had him able to walk through walls vibrating his molecules at super speed. The movie had him able to change the rotation of the earth thus by turning back time.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:24:53 PM EDT
He has a serious HARD-on and lighting lizard tongue. Wait,,,,that was the X-rated thing I saw at a bachelor party.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:31:24 PM EDT
Vinnie, yes now I recall him passing thru walls...amazing! I think I saw somewhere he also had a dog named Krypto but I don't recall that from the old TV series, maybe the Comics had that.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:38:46 PM EDT
what about the power to kill a yak at 200yds,with mind bullets?
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:57:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Vinnie: The movie had him able to change the rotation of the earth thus by turning back time.
View Quote
Yup. By flying in a direction around the earth which was opposite the earths normal rotation, thereby making the earth spin backwards. (He had to go really fast!!) However, if he flys in space just above earths atmosphere, he flys in a vacuum, right? So traveling in a vacuum should not have any effect on a planet which is contained by an atmospheric PSI of 14.2. If he flys in the atmosphere, he encounters some serious friction from the air, and we all know that friction generates heat. So, that being said, he should be burnt to a crisp. But alas, he's SUPERMAN!![BD] I'm tired.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 7:59:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lonegunman: He has a serious HARD-on and lighting lizard tongue. Wait,,,,that was the X-rated thing I saw at a bachelor party.
View Quote
Maybe thats why you're a LONE gunman? [;)]
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 8:57:22 PM EDT
According to [url=http://www.stta.nu/Encyclopaedia/powers.html]Superman's Powers[/url], Superman can: *Turn coal into diamonds with his hands. *Produce a small earthquake with a super-clap of his hands. *Withstand the explosion of a hydrogen bomb, although it does leave him with a slight headache. *Consume virtually endless quantities of food *Stay underwater almost indefinitely. *Trace a telephone call across the phone wires to its source by "Super-hearing" *Trace sound waves to their ultimate source: a space ship millions of miles from Earth *Use his X-ray vision to analyze the chemical composition of substances, to melt solid objects, and to see in pitch darkness. *Distinguish between types of metal ores by touch alone. *Extinguish a star with a blast of his super-breath. *Throw his voice at such a high pitch that only Krypto's super-canine hearing could possibly hear it *Detect the faint odor of nitroglycerine in a cache of dynamite or to stand atop a Metropolis skyscraper and pinpoint Lois Lane's exact location by her perfume. *Match up a suspect's fingerprints with those on file in Washington, D.C., as the result of having used his super-memory to memorize the entire fingerprint file of the F.B.I. *Read a 500-page book in ten seconds flat. Also... *A transfusion of his alien blood has the power to make a critically ill person well again within a matter of moments. *Superman's hair is indestructible and can neither be cut nor can it grow in Earth's atmosphere. and much, much more! so I had some time to kill...
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 9:16:54 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:40:06 AM EDT
if superman was bullet proof why did he he duck when the bad guy threw the empty gun at him?
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:53:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/15/2002 8:54:21 AM EDT by Golgo-13]
As originally conceived, he was strong enough to do things like lift a car and pound it into a hillside, he was able to jump many times his own height and length (but couldn't fly), and "nothing less than a bursting shell could penetrate his skin." Other powers accrued as the scriptwriters needed them. I enjoy the very early Superman stories more than the ones where he is insanely powerful. It reaches a point where nothing is a credible threat to him, so there is little dramatic tension.
Top Top