Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 9:22:13 PM EDT
The funniest thing I ever saw happened while returning from an ambulance run about 10 years ago. I was a newbie EMT and was on my first day of the job. We had just made a routine patient delivery to an area hospital and were on our way back to the base when we came upon this cat walking beside the road. It was a pretty rural area and my partner said "watch this shit".

As we came upon the cat, he reached over and hit the "phaser" tone on the siren. The phaser is the ear piercing, fast sequence of sounds that makes a bee-bee-bee-bee-bee-bee-bee sort of sound. That cat bowed up in the middle, launched about 5 ft off the ground in a single, straight up motion, with every hair on it sticking straight out. The little bastard appeared to launch straight up, then move sideways in mid air as it got the hell outta there. It was the most hilarious sight I ever saw. In fact, it was almost cartoon like, in that the cat seemed to defy physics in it's panick.

It was just one of those things you;d have to see to appreciate. But it was indeed hilarious. I laughed for the following 10 minutes at that damn cat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:23:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 9:24:47 PM EDT by Spade]
"Most funny" was the funniest.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:24:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
"Most funny"

I think he means "Funniest"

fun·ny Audio pronunciation of "funniest" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fn)
adj. fun·ni·er, fun·ni·est

1. Causing laughter or amusement.
2. Intended or designed to amuse.
2. Strangely or suspiciously odd; curious.
3. Tricky or deceitful.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:25:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 9:26:29 PM EDT by KBaker]
During college I worked at a service station.

Every afternoon a guy would come riding up to the intersection on a Kawasaki superbike, tooling along between the stopped cars until he was at the front (not every day, you realize. Some days he made the light). When the light turned green, ZOOM! He'd be gone like a rocket.

One afternoon he came tooling up with a pretty fine looking blonde on the back (long hair sticking out from under the full-face helmet, tight jeans, nice bod.) Light turns green, ZOOM!

Left her sitting on her ass on the pavement.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 11:52:28 PM EDT by TheTracker]
My wife and I went to a black tie dinner one night. My wife had bought a new dress and was looking real sharp. When we got to the event we entered the main room there was a full floor to ceiling mirror. For some reason my wife wasn't paying attention and she thought that it was the way to enter in. Many people were standing around and also seated and she just walked straight into the mirror with the loudest thud banging her forehead. She did not think it was funny at all but I just broke out laughing and couldn't stop .
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2005 9:46:42 PM EDT by VTwin60]
Working late one night on my F-15 and telling a guy not to stick his finger in the stab actuator to pull the bushing out. A SSgt know nothing who came out of QA and back to line stated "I know what I'm doing airmen, shut up!"
"But sarge that bushing is holding all the weight of the stab connected to that actuator rod arm and if you pull it...."

"Shut up"

*SLAM*

"FUCK FUCK FUCK!!! I LOST MY FINGER TIP!!!! AHHHHH!!!"

yeah he lost his finger tip and its a hard lesson to learn but I almost pissed myself laughing at the screaming and jumping around.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:01:08 PM EDT
Well this one time when I was stoned...ah wait, that really isnt that funny now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:26:48 PM EDT
When I was younger we were some bad kids......

So in the winter we would of course toss snowballs at passing cars from the cover of some well placed pine trees.

Well we had been waiting for quite awhile one night for a car to come along, IIRC it was during a large snow storm so not a lot of traffic was out on the roads. We had been packing the same snowballs until they had become solid ice balls.

When we saw the headlights come around the bend I think my buddy got a little to excited and let his fly before we could ID the car. I remember hearing a very loud "POP" and the distinct sound of glass shattering. All the sudden the whole area lit up with emergency lights and a spot light. My buddy had smashed the passenger window out of a cop car!!

That isn't even the funny part.

We ran like hell to his parents house and hid out in the garage watching cop car after cop car scan the neighborhood for us. That was when my buddy told me that he had pissed himself at the exact moment he realized he hit the cop car!

I remember laughing so hard for 15min straight looking at his soaked through jeans.

We never did did caught but he paid a price.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:37:51 PM EDT
Bump because I didn't just write all that to get no response.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:51:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ZW17:

this
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:00:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZW17:

There there don't worry, I acknowledge your presence here.

I thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:28:35 AM EDT
Not so much the funniest as the most disturbingly humorous:
New York City. Not photoshopped, I wish it was.

Yes, its a Miata on a fire truck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:33:03 AM EDT
did the FD sell ad space on their truck?!?!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:37:36 AM EDT
Mine was with a cat too. Me and my friend Larry were getting some fireworks out of my dad's car in the driveway when we were like 11 or 12. We look over and see a neighbor's cat in my yard. Hey! A cat! So we quietly enter the yard and close the gate, trying to sneak up on it. We get about 10' away when the cat sees us, freezes in terror, then bolts across the yard at top speed. It runs smack into the chain link fence, and bouces off it. Dazed, it heads in the opposite direction, rams head-first into another side of the fence. It's doing this over and over again, bouncing back from the impact each time. Damn cat never learned until finally it ran up a telephone pole and over the fence

We were rolling on the ground laughing our asses off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:39:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By D-duck:

I dont know, I just saw it ans snaped a picture. I was too busy walking with a large group of people to stop and question it. Sad strange shit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:59:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bad_Aim:

Originally Posted By D-duck:

I dont know, I just saw it ans snaped a picture. I was too busy walking with a large group of people to stop and question it. Sad strange shit.

Looks almost like an old General engine. Probably retired from service. I didnt see a light bar on the front, so thats what i am assuming. why that stupid car is on a firetruck beats me.....i think its stupid!
Top Top