Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/30/2011 12:03:27 PM EDT
Since this is my first LEO job in a place that I'm going to need a heavy coat I started thinking about holsters for off duty carry (Glock 22 or 27) I used a Minotaur holster for my last LEO jobs and I'm not sure if it would be the best holster if I'm going to have a heavy coat on. Any advice?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:50:04 PM EDT
I'd probably keep it simple and go with a pancake OWB or a Blackhawk CQC.

You'd probably get a lot more info from the carry issues section.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:58:26 PM EDT
I use a Glock 23 + Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2011 3:02:32 PM EDT by SteelonSteel]
Don Hume pancake, FBI tilt with thumbsnap retention. It's provided for plainclothers off duty carry. 15 years now and still looks in excellent shape. I cannot say that about thicker softer leather holsters for my personal guns that get far less use.

ETA- Just have to be selective to wear a coat and not a waist length jacket. A coat covers well ,a jacket is insufficient.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:53:00 PM EDT
Off duty I have a crossbreed supertuck for iwb days and a blackhawk cqc for owb.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:53 AM EDT
Usually a Galco COP with a full size MP9. If I need to really conceal, I use a Comp-Tac CTAC.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:05:51 AM EDT
Hanson holster. Strong side, adjustable friction fit. Cowhide leather without much of a rake either direction. It is the same holster I carried concealed on duty. I don't know if Ernie Hanson of Lincoln City, Oregon is still making them, as he made each one by hand. But I have yet to wear one of his holsters out. I carried on and off duty, and used the same holster for competition in IDPA/IPSC/3-gun matches. They just keep working.

I once told Ernie that the only problem I see with his holsters from a business standpoint is that they never wear out. Hence, I only have to buy one...not too good for someone wanting to sell holsters, but great for the consumer. Both holsters are closing in on 20 years of daily use. I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:58:15 AM EDT
Can you get to your holstered gun with a big-ass jacket on? Around here (Detroit suburbs? a big holster gun is backed up by a 38 snub or similar in an outside coat pocket. Works for me for 30 years now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:29:07 AM EDT
With a heavy jacket I actually like a shoulder rig.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:15:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Pav56C:
With a heavy jacket I actually like a shoulder rig.

I would prefer this, but here only detectives are allowed to use shoulder holsters. Incredibly stupid rule.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:47:35 PM EDT

Galco Combat Master for the G22, the G27 I'd probably just drop in a coat pocket.

Top Top