Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/22/2016 10:05:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 10:10:25 PM EST by Molotov357]

I know it's some kind of end mill but what is its purpose and name?

The flutes are vertical and have about 30* of cutting angle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:10:07 PM EST
Looks like a reamer to me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:10:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/22/2016 10:11:29 PM EST by Kuraki]

It makes holes rounder and diametrically to a higher level of precision than a drill bit. Typical practice is to drill the hole .015" under the size you intend to ream it, then follow up with the reamer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:11:32 PM EST
Uncut pigmy throwing stars
Top Top