Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 6:28:00 PM EDT
Ok so I'm at work the other day and my Sgt and I are talking about reading.  I tell him I really enjoy Michael Connelly.  He asks how I like Vince Flynn.  I say I never heard of him.  My Sgt went through the roof.  Apparently he loves this guy (as a writer of course ) and says that I HAVE to start reading his stuff.

What is the general consensus on Flynn?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have read all but his most recent book. They are outstanding!
Give them a try. In order if you can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I've read most of his books.  They are very good.  You should give them a try.  If you like Connolly, you should like Flynn, as well.

Lifesaver
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
His main character is Mitch Rapp, and secret operative for the CIA.  He gets the job done and doesn't feel a whole lot of remorse after its all finished.  I would compare him to Clancy's John Clark.

You will like these books.  If you can start from the first novel:

Flynn's Website
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#4]
He ROCKS!

Read the books in order!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ehh the quality of his writing was down a bit in the latest novel. Still pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Good books, I like his stuff.  Somewhat like Clancy.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard an interview with him where he claimed GWB told him he'd read one of his books in 1 day at Camp David.

During the same interview, he came across as a very articulate, conservative guy. I plan on reading his stuff.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok so I'm at work the other day and my Sgt and I are talking about reading.  I tell him I really enjoy Michael Connelly.  He asks how I like Vince Flynn.  I say I never heard of him.  My Sgt went through the roof. Apparently he loves this guy (as a writer of course ) and says that I HAVE to start reading his stuff.
What is the general consensus on Flynn?

Then tell your Sgt, "he needs to loan you the 1st book".
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Very entertaining books, I've read all of them.  The last one ended kinda meh, and the one before started kinda meh, but all in all, very good reads.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Good reads, quick and interesting.  Now up to Stephen Hunter on gun stuff, but then again... who is?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#11]
i prefer them to clancy; just more fast paced
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#12]
mitch rapp = basis for Jack Bauer.  

great books
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Vince Flynn is kick ass.

He is easily a one day read if you have nothing else to do.

Perfect for a long plane trip.

I just bought the new one, done in day and half.

Costco has the hardcover as well as a bunch of his paperbacks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Great books, If you like him, look for some Ted Bell books as well. As mentioned in earlier posts, Start with the first book if you can.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Great books, If you like him, look for some Ted Bell books as well.

Or don't.  Ted Bell SUCKS.  I read Assasin and took it back for a refund because it sucked so bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top