Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 7:41:29 AM EDT
Ok, so I've got maybe 100 old issues of Guns, Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times, American Survival Guide, etc. They just clutter up the place and I'd like to get rid of them, but I can't see just throwing them away. What does everyone else do with their old mags?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, so I've got maybe 100 old issues of Guns, Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times, American Survival Guide, etc. They just clutter up the place and I'd like to get rid of them, but I can't see just throwing them away. What does everyone else do with their old mags?
View Quote

I know what you mean!  What I did with my old ASG's, G&A, etc... was to buy a couple of clear plastic sleeves that go into a three ring binder.  I then cut out the articles I wanted to keep and put each article into a separate sheet of plastic. A whole desk full of mags into a single three ring binder!!![:D]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Between G&A,Shootibg times,Guns,SOF{my favorite BTW}American handgunner,Muscle mag,Ironman,
muscular devleopment..ect. I got 4 piles
stacked up in the corner of my bedroom closet
that are each up to mid-thigh level on me.

I can't stand to throw them away because I
sometimes go back through looking for a article I have read.And let me tell you,when you got
5-6 diff. gun rags and every back issue going
back 3 years it can take awhile.Sometimes I add
up what they all cost me and realize  I could
have a ton of USGI mags{the 30rd kind.}
if I would of spent wisely.

I am a pak-rat.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I take mine to the hospital, my dentist's office and the Dr.'s office. I even leave them on planes when I take a trip. I do anything to get the correct message out to the public!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I take mine to the hospital, my dentist's office and the Dr.'s office. I even leave them on planes when I take a trip. I do anything to get the correct message out to the public!
View Quote

Good idea....
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, I keep the issues that I think I might want to refer back to, but what to do with the rest? I used to take them to work and leave them in the customer service area, and eventually they'd all disappear. But I don't have a customer service area here. Wonder if the boy scouts might want 'em?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Tape stacks of them together and use them as bullet catches behind your targets.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do that to. Of course I tear out my name and address.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
mtnpatriot,
I do something similar. I bought one of those accordian folders and labelled the tabs for auto, photo, music, fishing, hunting, etc. I had one label for firearms, but now I have a separate folder labelled AR15, FN-FAL, Makarov, etc. [:D]

This really does get rid of a lot of paper!

The rest could go to nursing and attended living establishments.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Drop them off at the local VA Hospital.

There's nothing in a magazine that you can't get from the internet for free.

Recycle . . .
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Be a hero---Give them to some kid who likes guns.

Be a hero to yourself---Sell them on Ebay.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
ill take em i read em then add em to the stash

in my room i have 4 of those big plastic drawers full of old gun mags
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Wyo

You know all those darn inserts they put in magazines that you just rip out. Well I took a bunch of them and put my mom's name on them. She could not figure out where they were all coming from. She asked me about it and I denied it. She said "Thats ok I have been taking them to work and leaving them in the lobbys, they are always looking for new magazines." I sometimes think I made somebodys day when they puck it up and wow finally a good magazine. She is so anti gun but she is helping spread the message.

Six
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:21:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Tape a hci business reply envelope to a big stack of gun mags and sent it to them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top