Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 3:43:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 3:59:40 PM EST by gradyW]
I've had an acct w/ Equifax for 5 yrs. I get a email when my score changes. I got an email Oct 23rd that it increased 5 pts. Get an email today that increased 60 pts (sixty)!!!
I have never experienced more than a 5 pt swing in 2-3 month period. I have not paid anything off or down substantially.
Does anyone have an idea why or how this could happen? I think I might call them in the morning to see if this is a mistake BUT I hope it isnt.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:53:22 PM EST
Don't some things in a credit report lose significance after a certain amount of time. Such as BR no longer affects your credit after 7 years.

Probably something like a bad account you had 5-10 years ago lost any significance and dropped from the report.

My guess, worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:55:35 PM EST
accounts aging, inquiries falling off after a year, revolving debt has gone below 30%, could be a number of things
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:03:15 PM EST
I swear to God the people that decide your FICO score just throw shit at a dart board.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:05:43 PM EST

Originally Posted By Wehrmacht_Sniper:
I swear to God the people that decide your FICO score just throw shit at a dart board.

Well, one thing is completely true of the FICO determiners - they really like to punish you for responsibility and fiscal discipline.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:07:19 PM EST
I'm guessing, if your credit card company decreased your limit, this would cause a higher balance percentage resulting in a lower FICO score??
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:08:43 PM EST
Someone is using your Identity to buy shit and pay it off driving your FICO score up for you?
Top Top