Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/24/2003 9:28:22 AM EDT
Aside from unplugging it.

It has started, on it's own initiative, to clear the temporary internet files once it gets up to around 5.5mb to 6.0mb. It does this all on it's own. It started doing this the other day with NO input from me. Just does it automatic now.

Which can make for some slow load times while surfing websites. Especially here. Hell, it'll dump them even while I'm hanging around here too.

So what happened and how do I correct it?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:33:28 AM EDT
in your IE explorer options is a limit option that when reached will begn erasing old data. if you want to keep old caches of web pages you have to raise that limit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:56:14 AM EDT
Okay, thanks t-stox.

I found that and it was set at 125mb. But the machine was deleting the files long before that. I just bumped it up to 286mb or something.

Also, I see that the "Check for newer versions of stored pages" is set at "automatic." Other options are "Every visit to the page," "Every time you start IE," or "Never." Which is the default setting? "Automatic" I would guess, as that's what I usually go with. Is that what I should use?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:20:32 AM EDT
Also, make sure you aren't running out of hard disk space.

I keep mine set at 50MB, and I'm running fine.  I'm on a cable modem, though.  If you're on dial-up, it may have more impact.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:35:42 AM EDT
Thanks AC.

I'm pretty sure I've got plenty of hd space, but I'll check it too.

Thanks again guys.
Top Top