Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:23:21 AM EDT
I can go to the grocery store and see something I want, but oh no, it is $5.  That is a little pricy, put it back.  I don't really need it.

Then I go on the EE and throw hundreds of dollars at a gun I have no need or even practical use for.  I just want it, and somehow I am able to completely justify it.

Frigging things.

It's not even Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Guns are awesome, that's all there is to it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like 1911itis to me..
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm the same way.  I've got holes in my boxer shorts because I'm too cheap to buy new stuff... but I just bought a couple cases of ammo from Sportsman's Guide... to go with the several cases I already have.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to admit, I'm better about my gun
habit than I thought I'd be.

I own 1 pistol, 1 AR, and, 1 Shotgun.

I've managed to spend money on nothing else gun related
other than ammo, range fees and, training.

Plus toys for my guns that I have

To quote Old_Painless

"Shooting stuff is fun."
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Guns are addictive.

I want one of everything, and then I would probably just try to get two or three of everything, then a few dozen of everything......

I am going to get my C&R license this month.

I will be destitute by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:34:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm frugal.  I wear shoes until they are unwearable.  I have work shirts that I've owned for 10+ years.  I don't impulse buy.

Except that once I got my C&R FFL it was like starting a crack habit.

Where the %^&# am I supposed to put all of these guns?  Do I really need to have every single variant of the Mosin Nagant ever made?  Do I really need a third K31 because the stocks on my first two are a little dinged?  Does it make sense to have second Turkish mauser "as a spare"?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:35:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I need Hookers and Blow,  but I am going to buy at minimum 500 rnds of each:

9mm

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#8]
What's not to like about guns?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
the urge just hits me sometimes.  not that i'll have any particular gun in mind whatsoever, but damned if i wont flip through a magazine until i find one that i don't have but wouldn't mind having..............total number of left clicks to get a firearm and invoice in the mail:  7.  entirely too fucking easy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

To quote Old_Painless

"Shooting stuff is fun."

Dude that is incredible discipline.
How do you do it?

ARH
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To quote Old_Painless

"Shooting stuff is fun."

How do you do it?

ARH

If I buy another gun, then, I have to pay for more toys, mags, etc....Cuts down
on my ammo and training budget.

I'm only barely fighting the urge for an AK now
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

BS!  Everything is Bush's fault!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus toys for my guns that I have hooting

How do you do it?

ARH

on my ammo and training budget.hting

GIVE IN!!!  Think of the POWER!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'm frugal.  I wear shoes until they are unwearable.  I have work shirts that I've owned for 10+ years.  I don't impulse buy.

Except that once I got my C&R FFL it was like starting a crack habit.

Where the %^&# am I supposed to put all of these guns?  Do I really need to have every single variant of the Mosin Nagant ever made?  Do I really need a third K31 because the stocks on my first two are a little dinged?  Does it make sense to have second Turkish mauser "as a spare"?

Lightweight.

Wait until you get to the point where you start mainlining Hoppe's #9. Then you are REALLY in trouble, and will have to go to the Sam Colt clinic.

I have been there twice.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:08:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

To quote Old_Painless

"Shooting stuff is fun."

How do you do it?

ARH

on my ammo and training budget.

I'm only barely fighting the urge for an AK now

The Dark Side is calling you.
It's only one more gun.

ARH

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#16]
It has been a year since I bought a "complete" firearm.  Dumped a lot of money into  a new upper back in the summer.  However I have this never ending desire to buy ammo.  I am running out of space to store it. The bad thing about ARs is the ease at which you can buy them.  This is why so many members have 3, 8 10 of the damn things.  You see a deal on the EE: Oh that is a great deal on that M4 barrel then you see Oh $90 for the stripped upper.  Before you know it you have another AR, but you start getting spare parts again and damn if you don't have another rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
the urge just hits me sometimes.  not that i'll have any particular gun in mind whatsoever, but damned if i wont flip through a magazine until i find one that i don't have but wouldn't mind having..............total number of left clicks to get a firearm and invoice in the mail:  7.  entirely too fucking easy.

Seven!! AcuSport has me down to 2!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#18]
My FFL was bitching because guns don't wear out and people rarely have to replace them.

I agreed that that is true, but I reminded him that I don't know of many people who own as many ovens as I own AR's or 1911's.

I thought I was sated with my gun list, but I ordered four more curios this week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:54:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well let's see here:

are you already a jsc customer...............click (1)
what is your password................click (2)
advanced search...................click (3)
enter item #....................click (4)
buy item...................click (5)
checkout......................click (6)
is this correct choose shipping method..................click (7)
how would you like to pay......................click (8)
if this is correct press submit.......................click (9)
thank you for your order, please print this for your records

i guess i miscounted clicks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I can go to the grocery store and see something I want, but oh no, it is $5.  That is a little pricy, put it back.  I don't really need it.

Then I go on the EE and throw hundreds of dollars at a gun I have no need or even practical use for.  I just want it, and somehow I am able to completely justify it.

Frigging things.

its when things like bread go  over 5$ a 1/2 loaf those guns may come in handy!!!   but then again  its  easierto brag on your new boom stick than a  gallon of milk,1/2 lb of cheddar, and   6lb pork roast
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#21]
want to hear something fucked up?

i'll drop $800 for a new gun, but damn if $600 for an engaement ring for my gf didnt hurt like hell
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Hello.    My name is HardShell and I'm a gunaholic...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:01:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I think my girl friend wonders about me sometimes.  

I will spend thousands on guns a year but won't buy $1 new shoe laces because I can still use the broken ones.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Sounds like 1911itis to me..

Keep living in the last century!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Frigging things.

Ain't that the truth?  I just "impulse" bought a Kimber Desert Warrior two weeks ago.  I think the last time I spent $1k+ on a non-gun item was three years ago when I bought my couch.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Frigging things.

its when things like bread go  over 5$ a 1/2 loaf those guns may come in handy!!!   but then again  its  easierto brag on your new boom stick than a  gallon of milk,1/2 lb of cheddar, and   6lb pork roast

40+guns will not be usefull when the SHTF.

I got my SHTF guns.  All the rest will have to stay locked in the safe when/if I bugout.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#27]
.50 BMG is calling me!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well let's see here:

are you already a jsc customer...............click (1)
what is your password................click (2)
advanced search...................click (3)
enter item #....................click (4)
buy item...................click (5)
checkout......................click (6)
is this correct choose shipping method..................click (7)
how would you like to pay......................click (8)
if this is correct press submit.......................click (9)
thank you for your order, please print this for your records

i guess i miscounted clicks

Check out acuSport.. Cheaper than JSC and free shipping!! w00t!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#29]
JSC doesn't have these BS requirements:

Regular business hours of 20 or more per week

A dedicated retail sales area available to the general public during scheduled business hours

The stocking of inventory that is available for sale

Acusport, Ellett Bros, Bangers, and the rest that have a problem with kitchen table dealers can kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:00 PM EDT
[#30]
yep been there done that

Naw i don't want to spend the money on a XBOX its too much ( even though i would probably use it alot )
hey ill buy a M1A for 3x the money  ( which i will rarely shoot I mainly shoot my ARs)

damn i just spent $100 at the grocery store thats outragous for this cart full of food , but i need a mount for the aimpoint sitting in my safe doing nothing  heck $125? that a decent deal ill take it  LOL
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I recently “Justified” my purchase of a new Ruger 10/22 rifle in order to help save money on ammo. I plan on just shooting this rifle for a little while since I spend so much on other ammo. But I now of course feel the need to customize this weapon. I bought two 25 round magazines, a folding stock and a new magazine release and bolt catch. I stopped there luckily, well at least for now. I love to work on guns. Guns my anti-drug. Have you seen those anti-drug commercials? Maybe I need rehab for guns, hehe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

A dedicated retail sales area available to the general public during scheduled business hours

Acusport, Ellett Bros, Bangers, and the rest that have a problem with kitchen table dealers can kiss my ass.

LOL really.. My hrs are 3pm till 7pm m-f S-s by appt. The shop is attached to the house and there is a customer counter there, and I don't stock an inventory.. They had no problem approving me.. Hell they even gave us a line of credit with terms..

Did ya even try? Or did ya take the arfcom way and said fuck it it too hard! I might get my feelings hurt?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL really.. My hrs are 3pm till 7pm m-f S-s by appt. The shop is attached to the house and there is a customer counter there, and I don't stock an inventory.. They had no problem approving me.. Hell they even gave us a line of credit with terms..

Did ya even try? Or did ya take the arfcom way and said fuck it it too hard! I might get my feelings hurt?

im in a retail building, i have inventory in stock (albeit small), im here m-f 8-5.  BUT, acusport refused to extend me credit.  JSC gave me an open account.

JSC did me right, so if they have it in stock, i buy it from them.  just one of those loyalty things.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:03 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't need anymore guns. My wife on the other hand needs TONS!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I'm the same way.  I've got holes in my boxer shorts because I'm too cheap to buy new stuff... but I just bought a couple cases of ammo from Sportsman's Guide... to go with the several cases I already have.

I thought I was the only one.....whew!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I recently “Justified” my purchase of a new Ruger 10/22 rifle in order to help save money on ammo. I plan on just shooting this rifle for a little while since I spend so much on other ammo. But I now of course feel the need to customize this weapon. I bought two 25 round magazines, a folding stock and a new magazine release and bolt catch. I stopped there luckily, well at least for now. I love to work on guns. Guns my anti-drug. Have you seen those anti-drug commercials? Maybe I need rehab for guns, hehe.

Shit I just did the same thing, however I bought a used one and left it stock. However I am going to mount a scope and get some larger mags, 10 rounds is a joke.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just finished ironing on some patches to six pairs of jeans I've had for 10+ years.  My Danner's have been re-soled 3 times.

I don't actually own a car.  I own a bike and unimog. Thank god for take home cars.

I'm still wearing the Casio G-Shock I bought at Ft. Benning in 1991.

This computer is 1.33mhz.

Cheap, you say?  BC
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:25:02 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

40+guns will not be usefull when the SHTF. hr

Sure they will...so long as you got 40 friends,  BC
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im in a retail building, i have inventory in stock (albeit small), im here m-f 8-5.  BUT, acusport refused to extend me credit.  JSC gave me an open account.

JSC did me right, so if they have it in stock, i buy it from them.  just one of those loyalty things.

LOL did you forget to staple the 20 to the application? I use a combo of both JSC had done me good over the years and I use them when I can.. So did you have to reinforce the floor for all that cash you make on the $20 dollar transfers?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I have much the same setup as you.  My zoning does not allow me to maintain "stock in trade", so my business is by necessity special-order-only.  

I have a problem with their stated policy.  Sure, I could get an account by deception.  I could sign a statement indicating that I'm a stocking retail dealer, but that sounds a lot like fraud.  Some of the aforementioned distributors actually REQUIRE you to send them a photograph of your storefront and sales floor.  I could fake up a photo for them, but why should I lie to get an account with a distributor that is too good for my business.  F 'em.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Guns, it's what's for dinner.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#42]
We do it for the children!!!

L.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just finished ironing on some patches to six pairs of jeans I've had for 10+ years.  My Danner's have been re-soled 3 times.

I don't actually own a car.  I own a bike and unimog. Thank god for take home cars.

I'm still wearing the Casio G-Shock I bought at Ft. Benning in 1991.

This computer is 1.33mhz.

Cheap, you say?  

BC

My mom came out to visit us when my third child was born.  She was helping my wife out with the laundry and was horrified by the state of my t-shirts and underwear.  Right now I'm wearing underwear and a t-shirt bought by my mom because I won't buy them myself.  I'm too cheap to even buy a cup of coffee or go out for lunch.   But last month I somehow managed to justify buying 5k rounds of xm193 and q3131 and a Bushmaster off the EE.  

Whenever I'm tempted to buy something non-firearm related, I mentally calculate how many rounds of .22LR I could get for that price and usually decide against it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn I thought I was bad! I just need new glasses, and I at least still change the green nose pads out for new ones.

But still...
Glasses  $150-$200
Down Payment on new gun $150-$200

Tough choices isn`t it?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Frigging things.

Ain't that the truth?  I just "impulse" bought a Kimber Desert Warrior two weeks ago.  I think the last time I spent $1k+ on a non-gun item was three years ago when I bought my couch.

You bought a couch?! Dude! you can get a cherry couch off the side walk the night before trash day!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:57:46 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can go to the grocery store and see something I want, but oh no, it is $5.  That is a little pricy, put it back.  I don't really need it.Then I go on the EE and throw hundreds of dollars at a gun .

Buy some nice food item, prep it, eat it, 12 hours late you are flushing it down the toilet.

At least guns are basically forever [ excepting kb's ]

Still gotta eat and eating good is one of life's great pleasures once you really grow up.  I think I will go heat up some deluxe left overs right now. Japanese steak house stuff. Steak rice, veggies, etc.  The cost for two would have bought a cheap lower

rj
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#47]

What the heck is it about guns?

They're nifty.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:12:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Guns are icky.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah...I cannot pay for college, had to take student loans, etc etc.  Then I come into some money last fall half way through the semester, and rather then pay back loans, I just *had* to by an M1A and a half dozen magazines for it.  I am sick.

-Ben
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Reading this thread was better than group therapy for me.

I now realize I'm not alone
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top