Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2011 5:35:15 AM EDT

Dad takes his kid to school in the Porsche..

Fun ride with Dad or just reckless behavior?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:55:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Better than teaching him how to gay.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont see anything wrong with that. It doesn't look like he was going too fast.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same reaction when driving/riding in a Porsche.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]
That was cool

ETA: Looks like the guy was on an on-ramp or similar and just got on it up to the speed limit . I saw no fishtails or donuts, so that does not count as reckless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a good dad!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:10:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

UHM, WUT?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#8]
That was perfectly safe and did the kid good.  That reaction was priceless.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:16:47 AM EDT
[#9]
That was me back in the day when my old man had his '69 911 T.  He said I would stand on the console between the seats and go "FASTER FASTER!"  Yea yea good parenting and all that but it was the early 80's..no rules back then,,,
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Nice!

I wish I still had my toys to bring my son out in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Hahahaha!

A gearhead is born.

Stupid parents, saddling a kid with a lifetime addiction. There should be a law against it or something. This is worse then teaching your kids how to shoot.

I know, for I suffer from the disease too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#12]
That kid's expression was priceless.

My dad didn't own a Porsche but he did own an old Chevy pick up that I remember riding in the bed for quick trips to the grandparents. If the old man wasn't paying attention you could usually get in a few seconds of standing up at the front of the bed and looking over the roof before he'd yell at you to sit down. Butts had to be on the deck, not the wheel wells and especially not the bed rail while on pavement. That was my dad, safety first!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:43:17 AM EDT
[#13]
First post nails..... wait what?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#14]
My nephew and nieces have the same reaction when they ride in my Mustang.  Me younger niece always says, "Make it go vroom!", then starts laughing.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

UHM, WUT?

Well, you see my oversize hamburger eating friend, I feel it much better to break some acceleration laws and raise a son who is a gearhead, red blooded ALL AMERICAN heterosexual male, than to teach him to be gay.

I had a dad that took me out in the Z28, let me do burn outs, and bought me a 454SS big block truck at 15.  When we got the truck home, he broke it in, put about 2500 miles on it.  He then let me take it on the road, and encouraged burnouts, sliding, 'drifting' if you will, and generally abusing the hell out of it.

His reasoning was he knew it was going to happen, and he thought he would teach me to do it right, and not fuck up the equipment, or myself.

He was right.  I think at least.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#16]
The kid yawned and asked if they were going to get chocolate cake...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#17]
That's cool.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UHM, WUT?

Well, you see my oversize hamburger eating friend, I feel it much better to break some acceleration laws and raise a son who is a gearhead, red blooded ALL AMERICAN heterosexual male, than to teach him to be gay.

I had a dad that took me out in the Z28, let me do burn outs, and bought me a 454SS big block truck at 15.  When we got the truck home, he broke it in, put about 2500 miles on it.  He then let me take it on the road, and encouraged burnouts, sliding, 'drifting' if you will, and generally abusing the hell out of it.

His reasoning was he knew it was going to happen, and he thought he would teach me to do it right, and not fuck up the equipment, or myself.

I didn't know it was possible to "teach" gay. Not that there's any thing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I was expecting him to be flying through traffic at a high rate of speed.

Looks like he just gave it a bit of extra throttle while merging.  I dont have a problem with it.  

Fwiw, I used to have a neighbor who owned a built 65 mustang.  We took a trip to town in it one day.  His kids piled in the back.  He hammered the throttle a few times as we were talking about how he liked the stroker roller block that he just installed.  About five minutes into the ride, I looked back at his kids.  Both were passed out and drooling on the roll bar.  He said that riding in the mustang has had that effect ever since his girls were babies.  The drone of the mufflers and bumpy ride always made them pass out.  
I always thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Probably driving faster than I would drive my kids...

But I don't have a Porsche either...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

UHM, WUT?

I didn't know it was possible to "teach" gay. Not that there's any thing wrong with that.

I dont think its possible to teach someone to be gay.  I think I was basically saying for me, and my son, and for me and the way dad did things...
Its not like I went around winking at guys, nor did my dad.
Its not like dad told me to 'check that guy out'
Its not like dad showed me how to sew a hemline, or decorate wedding cakes, or pick out pretty clothes that accented my eyes.

In my old redneck opinion, the above would be teaching your son to be gay.  or at least giving them ideas?
Maybe Im wrong. Me thinks you tend to troll me a little, so Ill sign off and let you go back to your oversize cheezburger.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Way cool –– As a Dad I can tell you there is nothing better than hearing your kids laugh like that. I didnt see Him do anything out of control. And the kid is belted in. Given I see soccer moms and many who should know better with unsecured children ––even kids on the back window deck of sedans sleeping. I doubt if 99 percent of those folks maintain thier cars half as good as that guy or have an inkling of how to drive past what it took to get thier license and most of that they forgot 20seconds after the test.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That was perfectly safe and did the kid good.  That reaction was priceless.

This.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#24]
I used to drop the ex girlfriends kid off at school in my 996 once in awhile. Too bad he was an unappreciative, entitled brat bastard just like his cunt mom. But I digress....
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#25]
tag
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#26]
I was just out mowing the lawn on the tractor, watching my young lady friends 3yr old boy today. He sat on the porch watching, never wanted to ride before or do any "guy" stuff with me till today. Little guy walked up and asked if he could ride.  Set him on my lap and he steered for about an hour. Never seen such a big smile on the kids face before.

We are going out back with a .22 bolt gun in a little while, teaching him about safety first, basically that he is to never to touch a gun unless someone has it in their hands first and says it's ok to.  I shot my first gun at that age with my Dad while he held it...never forgot it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#27]
My dad did the exact same thing when I was about that age.  I miss that old Saab.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Advisable?  No...  You could get a ticket!

Pretty cool though.  You're driving the kid to school, at least give him something to smile about.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Some memories right there ..dad had a 67 911 that he picked up in Germany while in the AF...He took me for a blast down the highway in Oklahoma and I remember looking over at him and watching his cigar ash going orange-gray-orange-gray-orange-gray with his rapid breathing.  Had some fun with my sons in a Twin Turbo 300zx with "Bulls On Parade" cranked to 11.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Cool, reminds me of my son in my Audi S4.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#31]
My dad has always been big into cars, and maybe that's why I'm also big into them as well. I still remember him hauling ass with me and my brother in his red Audi Quattro Coupe in the late 80's and us loving it... He could never really get too angry at us for getting speeding tickets when we got our licenses as he had just as many lol...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]
i never met my dad  but my mom taught me how to fix cars and such, we weren't wealthy so it was either fix it cheap or start walking.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:47:10 PM EDT
[#33]
My stepdad drove kind of like that in his green 1963 Volkswagen Karmann-Ghia.  Kind of like this one but two-tone green:

He owned a nice Porsche before that, but had to sell it and move into a 15-foot travel trailer due to a divorce.

Things got better for him when he married my mom.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Its not like dad showed me how to sew a hemline, or decorate wedding cakes, or pick out pretty clothes that accented my eyes.

In my old redneck opinion, the above would be teaching your son to be gay.

The red-blooded heterosexual REAL men who can do those things typically make alot more money and get alot more pussy than the redneck homophobes who mock them....
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#35]
My son loves riding in the 911 too

I also love the dirty looks people give me for having a 4 year old in the front seat
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like a fun and normal drive to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I can remember my dad taking me on dump runs in his sleeper 59 Ranchero ( had a 390 in it IIRC, we are talking 37-8 years ago )   I remember seeing 125 on the speedo and saying how cool it was and him telling me,  don't you dare tell mom.  

Yeah he turned me into a gear head.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like a fun drive.  Not to dangerous unless someone were to merge into his lane and cut him off.

I can remember my dad taking me out in his 1971 Chevelle SS and doing burnouts down the road.  That car was/is a beast.  We restored it together when I got home from Iraq the 1st time and built the motor and added a shit ton of aftermarket suspension and brakes to the car after my second.  Its been a blast and gave me the passion for cars I have today.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top