Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2009 6:35:14 AM EDT
I live in a suburb north of Dallas and the local LEOs tell me that MS13 uses our town as a hide-out for members in Dallas who need to lay low for awhile.Other than that, there appears to be no formal orginization of gangs in my town. What about where you live?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I live nearby tot he maimi area.. It woud be easier to say which gangs arn't in maimi...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Rural Massachusetts = no gangs.

Confused middleclass Caucasian youths in urban apparel with tattoos of questionable taste,sure,but they only count as "bangers" on innerweb message boards.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]
MS13, 18th Street, Surenos etc. There are Bloods and Crips but they are "questionable".
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a MS13 cook for me at one of those Japanese hibachi-type dinner.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Mostly the cops. They are pretty well organized.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#7]
We used to have the Folks, and the Latin Kings, but I think they've morphed into more localized neighborhood gangs. Mostly named for the area the terrorize. A gang that recently got busted was called the "7Alls". They ran dope between E.70th and E.79th streets, in Cleveland.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Mosty black gangster disciples, vice lords, and latin kings and spin offs bloods crips etc etc.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I saw a flock of turkeys loitering in the road the other day - that's about it.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Memphis and surronding area  Vice Lords,Gangster Disciples, Crips and Bloods,Surenos 13.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#12]
We have a few local thug gangs (usually named after the street they consider thier "turf"... Clever, eh?)
However; one of the most terrible gangs running around here is The Red Hat Society.
http://www.redhatsociety.com/
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:51:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Gangs?  We have some rowdy coyotes?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]
They've been moving into the suburbs in the last year or two.  Since Atlanta and Augusta have been very proactive in successfully curtailing them recently,  they've moved out into the quiet neighborhoods further out.  There have been quite a few busts here lately where they've they've found huge amounts of cash, drugs,  and weapons stashed in houses in upper middle-class bedroom communities.   I don't know if that's the trend nationwide,  but it's happening here in GA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Barrio West Side, West SIde Locos, MS13, SNM(Sindicato Nuevo Mexico), Mexican Mafia, just to name a few....
Being a "Safe Haven" city for ILLEGAL Mexicans brings more crime and drugs than the gangs do though.  Oh yea....and Banditos, Bandeleros, etc.  outlaw bikers....they usually aren't too troublesome.....smart enough to not want any attention from the cops.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#16]
None........ Unless you consider the CCCB (Clay county chevy boys) a gang..... Local high school kids with lifted pick-ups and whip antennas waving rebel flags.... Who hang out in the parking lot of the local grocery store on friday & saturday nights.  

edit because I don't want to open mouth & insert foot........
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#17]
the Illegal Fuckin Aliens are organized here into single-wide trailers behind tomato fields owned by my state rep and his buddies
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#18]
I didn't think we had anything that organized around here, until a few years ago.
A local cop had a car pulled over and some guy came out of nowhere and shot
him in the head. Turns out he was a latin king.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Our Police Chief refuses to admit there are gangs here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Saw a gang of pheasants and deer together the other day. Not quite sure of their affiliation, but the pheasants were wearing colors on their necks.

Seriously though, our town is 8000 population. We do get some Somalian and Hmong groups that have formed from a neighboring town where there is a turkey slaughter house as the town's main employer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:01:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We have a few local thug gangs (usually named after the street they consider thier "turf"... Clever, eh?)
However; one of the most terrible gangs running around here is The Red Hat Society.

My Mom runs with the red hat thugs in So Cal, they are to be feared........................
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I live in a suburb north of Dallas and the local LEOs tell me that MS13 uses our town as a hide-out for members in Dallas who need to lay low for awhile.Other than that, there appears to be no formal orginization of gangs in my town. What about where you live?

You might check with your local law inforcement people.  You will be surprised how many active gangs are listed in and around your area.  I am south of H town and we have 11 active gangs in this general area.  That does not include the biggest gang of all - Mafia.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#23]
MS13. and a few dumbass white kids who think they are gangbangers
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Varrio Posole Locos

Center Street Locos

Mesa Locos

Deep Valley Bloods

Deep Valley Crips

Insane Crips

Black Gangster Disciples

Crooks, Mobsters, Gangsters

Krook City Bloods

South Oceanside Posse

Tri City Thunder Hills

Westside Crips

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#25]
No idea.

I imagine all of the nation wide ones plus some local ones.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:19:52 AM EDT
[#26]
All we have around here is the Warriors, Orphans & Baseball Furies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#27]
I live in a Sanctuary City so only God knows how many gangbangers reside here.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

THIS, where you at in MI? I'm from Midland, but unfortunately currently have an Apt. in Ypsi.

Ypsi is a shithole. Hell, when MI takes number 1 and number 3 out of the top ten shittiest cities in America, (Detroit and Flint, respectively) and bumps East LA, and Gary, IN off the list, yah, pretty much every big city south of Midland is a shithole. I remember growing up, there were 2 streets east of the bridge in downtown Saginaw you didn't want to go to if you were white, after dark, unless you were a druggy. Now, NOWHERE east of the bridge is safe, and it has spilled over to west, as well.

FUCK MICHIGAN, I'm moving back to Kentucky.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#29]
well, theres those two old guys, hang out at the local dairyqueen, they appear kind of shifty,,and the local Black Angus Teens have been nosing around my house of late had to call the Sheriff out last week on 3 of em, getting into places they dont belong,
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#30]
We have the Red Army and Indian Posse, a bunch of Indian fucksticks that just reinforce the stereotypesof the "drunken Indian"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:38:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Varrio Posole Locos

Center Street Locos

Mesa Locos

Deep Valley Bloods

Deep Valley Crips

Insane Crips

Black Gangster Disciples

Crooks, Mobsters, Gangsters

Krook City Bloods

South Oceanside Posse

Tri City Thunder Hills

Westside Crips

North County has more than a few.  O'side is the worst of the cities,
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:39:54 AM EDT
[#33]
North Central Austin - Crips, Bloods, Los Cholos (LC), and a smattering of other Sureno gangs. They are mostly localized neighborhood gangs - dunno how connected to the national corporate gangs they actually are.

In my actual neighborhood, gangs of squirrels.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#34]
None where im at.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Memphis, TN
-> GD's, Bloods, and Pharaohs

But I'm a country/suburb boy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Don't know. Don't care. They're no different that any other person to me. If they stay out of my way, I'll stay out of theirs. If they infringe on my rights, I'll infringe on theirs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Some public school children and the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm living in Brooklyn now, so probably all sorts of gangs within a reasonable distance. The part I live in is pretty safe though, only one kid got stabbed since I've been here.

At home, the closest gang center is probably Newark, NJ. No surprise there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#39]
None that I know of other than the sheriffs office.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I live nearby tot he maimi area.. It woud be easier to say which gangs arn't in maimi...

That.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Last I heard we had 69 gangs reported in our city. Other than having personally seen a group of what appeared to be Latin Kings, that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ha Ha,

U bastage beat me to it!!

Great minds must think a like.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I really don't know
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Based on one police discription of gangs - I would say the 4H leads the group - but they rarely wear their colors.  Girl Scouts and Boy scouts do pretty well.  

Most of the local schools - via their sports teams and fans are really the largest gangs - in that thy wear their colors and often get into large fights with other similar groups from different turf.  Quite often these fights are totally unrelated to sporting events.
––––
joking aside - we have very little local "gang" activity - but there is some in some surrounding communities by minorities who like to pretend they are in gangs - two kids were shot about 2 weeks ago in one of those incidents (5 shots point blank - no fatalities - they really need something bigger than .32's).
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#45]
The Blue Hairs - But they'll be heading back to Michigan in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Blue Hairs - But they'll be heading back to Michigan in a few weeks.

Please, KEEP them, I beg of you in the name of the most Holy One.

Now I'll have to start watching out for the Q-Tips and coffin dodgers again. Oh the joy.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm just outside of DC and we have MS-13 since I live in little Salvador; there are a few Latin Kings, Cripps, and Bloods in DC, though not many.
We also have DC Metro PD, Montgomery County Police, and the Arlington County Police, not to mention Congress, and Obama's cabinet...
It's a rough neighborhood.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't have a clue.  We had a big gang fight during Fiesta Days in Spanish Fork a few years ago that my dad pulled his CCW on, bunch of Mexicans and blacks with knives and Lorcins.  Luckily there was a strong police presence and most Utahns have a level head when it comes to these things.  They came down from Salt Lake according to their testimonies.  

I'm not sure what runs around in Orem.  I'll ask a local cop and see if I can find out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#49]
i live in a town of 40k not many gangs here just want to be wangsters and maybe a couple hardcore gangbangers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I live outside of a town of 160.  Not any gangs around here.  Mostly just kids who argue whether John Deere or Massy Fergusen makes the best tractor!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top