Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/17/2001 9:26:07 AM EST
I need to know what states don't allow high capacity magazines. I just bought a few 30rnd thermolds and some various people want me to send them to their homes in various states. Which states can't I send them to? I could not find the information on the ATF site.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:32:56 AM EST
Here is the list that I use. CA, MA, NJ, MD, NY City, or Washington D.C. Just a note, people claiming to be LEO's from the prohibited states may contact you stating they are exempt and would like mags shipped to them. While it maybe legal to do so, the risk if you make a mistake is not worth the small amount of profit you will make.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:50:19 AM EST
personally, i would not sell to leos in those states at all. if the people cant have em, i don't think the cops should either. or the polititions.... maby this would shange there minds.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 9:54:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By SWIRE: Here is the list that I use. CA, MA, NJ, MD, NY City, or Washington D.C.
View Quote
Add Hawaii to that list.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:01:40 AM EST
Originally Posted By AR15fan:
Originally Posted By SWIRE: Here is the list that I use. CA, MA, NJ, MD, NY City, or Washington D.C.
View Quote
Add Hawaii to that list.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure Hawaii has a 15rd limit but only on pistol magazines, not rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 10:37:35 AM EST
Think "AR pistol", and you'll know why you have to add Hawaii to the list...
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:09:30 AM EST
Hawaii has a ten round limit on magazines.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:10:01 AM EST
I live in Maryland and not being able to purchase anything larger than a 20 round mag in state is a pain. Now, I can go across state lines, purchase as many mags as I please, bring them home and use them to my hearts content. How that makes sense is beyond me. As far as shipping into the state is concerned, I'm not sure that it is illegal to do so. The law says: "A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine for any type of firearm, except a .22 caliber rifle with a tubular magazine, if the magazine has a capacity of more than 20 rounds of ammunition." I take this to mean within the boundaries of the state. If I purchase something from someone in another state, they're not selling in Maryland and I'm not buying in Maryland. Once they receive my money, the merchandise is mine and they are shipping me what rightfully belongs to me. This is probably pushing the envelope which is why if someone doesn't want to sell to me, I thank them for their time and look elsewhere. It's just another example of a bogus, feel-good law intended only to make otherwise honest people into possible criminals. [size=1]By the way, anybody got any mags for sale?[/size=1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 11:39:50 AM EST
You guys are GREAT! BTW, I have [NEW] Wilson NC AR15 Thermolds for $19.99 each + $3 for S/H
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:04:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/17/2001 11:57:49 AM EST by cwalker3]
Will you ship to Maryland? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:12:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:22:45 PM EST
Ck your e-mail. I'll take 2.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:28:45 PM EST
I think there is a loophole where it is legal to ship magazine REPLACEMENT PARTS to the listed states where mere possession of standard caps aren't banned. So just send the mag bodies seperately from the springs, followers, and baseplates.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:28:49 PM EST
Bill, got you!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:08:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By shotar: Cwalker I would suggest that receive as stated in your post would include having it shipped to you at a Maryland address.
View Quote
Well, there is discrepancy there too. The rest of the law says "Possession is not prohibited". Some people interperet that as if you order magazines, and the price is charged to your card or checking, or whatever, then those magazines are then [i]your[/i] property. When they are shipped to you, you are just receiving your property. People go both ways here, and the same is with companies. Some ship here, some don't. Imbrog|io: You need to contact John McCain and get him to close that loophole!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:11:53 PM EST
IF one has the requisite Licence To Carry-A (High Capacity) from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, then it IS legal to own, buy, transfer and/or use hi-cap mags in pistols, rifles, shotguns, etc. in MA. Pretty much everything's avail. here for long guns and FA. Pistols are anther story, but it's a consumer reg. from the state AG that prevents more handguns coming into MA for sale. The LTC-A covers pretty much all firearms; it's sad we have to put up with this $#&%, but it's the law, at least until we can get it repealed. Yes, and I know about "Pigs Might Fly".... :^)
Top Top