Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 4:53:49 PM EDT
Ok, a group of kids (not sure of their age, but most were around 21-22) came in today to shoot.
They had an MK-11 and it was full auto, even though it wasn't C3.
The first time it went off, another employee asked who had the auto, and I hadn't heard it, so we waited for them to shoot it again.
The second string of fire, we went out and asked them about it. They said that they were just doing rapid fire, but no one can pull the trigger that fast, so I told them to put it away and explained the rules about rapid fire. Then they tried to tell me that they were bump firing it.  Sounded fishy to me, but hey, I'm going easy on them.
Well, they shot the string for the carrier down, and tore up some baffle tiles, but they agreed to not shoot it, and we let them stay on the range.
Well, they come out, all pissed off because they can't bring their target back in, so I hand the id back to the kid qho owns the MK-11 and explain to them why they can't shoot the MK-11 (safety and all that).
They go outside, and talk to another employee and tell him that I'm an asshole and some other stuff, and then whine that they didn't get their full hour.
So we talk to the manager, and let the kids back out on the range, and told them NO TO USE THE MK-11.
Well, as it happens, we have another employee who was taking the NRA instructor course, and he was on the range right next to the kids.
They pull out the MK-11 (out of sight of us in the showroom) and let of a burst. The guy on the range sees it, and has a shit (he knew about the earlier issue) and shoots the gun after watching the guy hold the trigger down.
He confirms that it is indeed full auto, and we pull the kids off the range.
The owner said that they could go out and finins off their rounds in their AK-22 and handgun, but the MK-11 has to go out.

We were discussing it, and the owner said that it's not our responsibility to do anything other than get the illegal gun off the range, but 2 employees feel that the gun should be confiscated and the police should be notified, since they have an illegal machinegun.

Who is right, and does the store have any liability for allowing an illegal machinegun out of the store?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Call the cops! those kids or at least one did not care about what you were telling them.

They just did not give a shit! therefore kids like that should be in jail, those are the kind of kids that commit bigger crimes later.

No body can tell them shit, they know it all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have narc'ed them out too. Once you have 1) illegal weapon and 2) disobedient person, you have potential premises liability if those clowns hurt someone (or kill someone).
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
should have called the PD.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
DON"T CONFISCATE!!!!!!!! Call the cops if you wish, or just say you can't shoot full auto here. My local range stipulates 1 round a second.

The rest is up to you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
First of all,it's pretty ballsey(OR STUPID) to go to a public range with an illegal full-auto!! If I had such an item,the first thing I would NOT do is go out in public with it!! And then mouthoff to the range people on top of it?! If ever there was a case for post-birth abortions,this would be it!!

I would have warned them ONCE,and given them a chance. But after that,I'd have called the police! F_CK IDIOTS LIKE THAT!! THEY ARE THE ONE'S WHO ARE RUINING IT FOR ALL OF US!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top