Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2004 2:39:12 PM EST
I think we should go after the mother of all gun control laws, the NFA.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:41:13 PM EST
first we need to hit the import ban since that's one that bush can effect directly. with this next term he has nothing to loose. If we petition him i'm sure he'll remove it. Even if he doesn't, well we tried. We need to TRY. I'm sick and tired of people being lazy and stupid saying things like "awwwww you're wasting youre time" or "it'll never happen. you're only kidding yourself." People like that are worthless and weak. We need to push forward and put all the attention on the import ban.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:42:37 PM EST
Import ban.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:43:43 PM EST
I think firearms should be controled but not banned.

Own any firearm you want but you shouldn't be able to goto sears and pick up a m60 with out a good bg check.

Then it would become a criminal problem
The good civ has nothing to hide as far as it isn't an invasion of his privacy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By olyarms:

Own any firearm you want but you shouldn't be able to goto sears and pick up a m60 with out a good bg check.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 2:45:14 PM EST by ajm1911]
The import ban is the easiest to change.
The machine gun laws are strict and all the comments we've been hearing about AWB expiration and machine guns in the streets will just come up again and they will be more true. No way in HELL we can repeal machine gun law
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:44:28 PM EST
Bush aint gonna get rid of the import ban. We got lucky on the AWB.... I dont want to sound like a fatalist.... but getting rid of any of the above bans is most likely not very realistic.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:45:30 PM EST

It doesnt take much of a search of your posts to figure out where you stand.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:46:40 PM EST

Why would I need a background check to buy a rifle?

No wonder we have such asinine laws.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:52:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 2:54:56 PM EST by Voldermortist]

Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Bush aint gonna get rid of the import ban. We got lucky on the AWB.... I dont want to sound like a fatalist.... but getting rid of any of the above bans is most likely not very realistic.

"wahhhhhhhhh mommy it's too hard. wahhhhhh wahhhhhhhh."

TRY!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:54:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
What should we go after now that the AWB is done for.

ALL of the above !
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:55:47 PM EST
I think the only reason we're going to win on the AWB is because it was written to sunset.

If they had to actually vote on it to get rid of it, we'd be screwed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:58:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:
I think the only reason we're going to win on the AWB is because it was written to sunset.

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:59:47 PM EST
Pick them off in reverse order, but the reality is we are going to be playing defense just trying to prevent the AWB from coming back next session of Congress.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:00:21 PM EST
Just because the ban is sunsetting doesn't mean that it can't return at a future date. You heard Feinstein say it herself that next year she will be back with a better ban. She is pissed and wants to get revenge on the NRA, which for some reason she fails to understand is the voice of gun owners. Without it's paying members the NRA would have only a fraction of the power it has now. We need to keep watching her well after this ban sunsets. Especially if Kerry wins the election in November. Even more of a reason to get out and vote for Bush. Let's not get all caught up in other things until we can keep this thing down for good. We will be right back here again not to far down the road making phone calls, writing letters, and sending emails telling Congress and the President to not vote for or sign a new AWB. It's not over people. It has only begun.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:01:04 PM EST
Take them all down.

Go big or don't go at all.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:05:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 3:18:19 PM EST by olyarms]

It doesnt take much of a search of your posts to figure out where you stand.....

So I should be able to go buy fucking hand grenades if I have the mopney in my pocket no problem? No BG check.

So violent criminals should have guns?

Hmm, I stand for every one who hasn't done harm to the community should be able to have a gun or anything else they want. But once you fuck up to bad so sad.

So you feel a rapist should own a gun, or better yet some one who has been found guilty of fucking little girls?

I don't think I will go for that but hey we are free people you can feel however you want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:06:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By AZ-K9:

I don't want some one who has a violent bg running around with a full auto 308. Now if your clean and havnet fucked up that right go for it. It only takes 15 minutes of waiting then you get to take it home.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:07:54 PM EST

That's the same logic that the police use when wanting to search your car. Which you shpuld never allow without a warrant.

<COP>"If you have nothing to hide, then what are you worried about?<COP>

<DWFAN>I have the constitution that says if I dont wanna, I dont have to!<DWFAN>

As far as I'm concerned, any info that the government has on me is an invasion of my privacy
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:10:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By DWFAN:

That's the same logic that the police use when wanting to search your car. Which you shpuld never allow without a warrant.

<DWFAN>I have the constitution that says if I dont wanna, I dont have to!<DWFAN>

As far as I'm concerned, any info that the government has on me is an invasion of my privacy

What!!
I am sorry If you want a Machine gun good for you I don't care have it. But if you have fucked up and fucked others lifes then fuck no, I would rather have you dead then a gun in your hand.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:10:57 PM EST

I don't want some one who has a violent bg running around with a full auto 308. Now if your clean and havnet fucked up that right go for it. It only takes 15 minutes of waiting then you get to take it home.

My CCW permit keeps me from ever having to be subject to another back ground check again. That is as long as I keep the permit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:13:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Red_Beard:

Mega +1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:14:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By 00_buckshot:

My CCW permit keeps me from ever having to be subject to another back ground check again. That is as long as I keep the permit.

Then if you have CCW and its valid cool, go buy all the guns you want of any type. I don't care. As far as my logic goes your not a threat to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:31:07 PM EST
Get rid of the 86 Ban.

The 89 Ban isn’t all that nasty; You could always build the firearms over here. Buy American! Buy a license and build PSG-1’s in America! The same with any other firearm; license to build over here in the States! How many Transferable Uzi’s were made overseas versus Home Grown?

But the 86 Ban is much more integral than any import or cosmetic feature. While I can agree with arguments like why the $200 Tax was instituted (let’s face it, Full Auto isn’t for beginners or for people who think owning any gun is cool or makes them big or important), so little crime was committed with Registered Machine Guns as to make this Ban as irrelevant as the soon to expire AWB.

We can, and should, go for the 89 Import Ban next.
Then go for the 86 Ban. Of course if somebody slips a repeal of the 86 Ban through Congress I shall be very happy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:34:59 PM EST
Firearm Owners' Hearing Preservation Act:

De-regulate sound suppressors!

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:41:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By DWFAN:

What!!
I am sorry If you want a Machine gun good for you I don't care have it. But if you have fucked up and fucked others lifes then fuck no, I would rather have you dead then a gun in your hand.

Never be sorry for what is a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT !!!

Well, if you had a machine gun then we would be on even ground.

If I f#$%*@ up someone elses life I should be in JAIL or in a BOX, and not have the oppurtunity to f%#* up your life.

If we were all armed, people could take down pieces of garbage that would do harm on the spot, like Colin Ferguson.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:44:44 PM EST
[In the order of possibility]

1. Import ban 89
2. MG ban 86
3. NFA 34

[In the order of preference]
1. NFA 34
2. NFA 34
3. NFA 34
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:50:38 PM EST
Deregulate sound suppressors and repeal sporting purpose clause in 68 GCA.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:51:30 PM EST
Also the AWB WOULD HAVE NEVER PASSED IN THE 1ST PLACE WITHOUT THE SUNSET CLAUSE.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:59:31 PM EST
I vote for the '86 MG Ban. This ban will, in the long run, completely remove NFA guns from the hands of the common man. Just within the last couple of years even the lowly MACs have gone from under $1000 to over $2500. An Olympic M-16 has gone from 3 or 4 thousand to 8 thousand or more dollars. Prices will eventually rise to the same realm of affordablility as Rolls Royces and other toys of the ultra rich. Also, as guns are destroyed, stolen, etc they will never be replaced. In as little as 50 years I don't think there will be many NFA guns being shot by us working class guys.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:00:32 PM EST
Get a short barreled rifle or "any other weapon". They are NFA weapons too.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:02:37 PM EST
A good place to start next is to defeat AWB's at the STATE level.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:04:17 PM EST
You guys tell me what we're goin for, I'll do my part.

Personally, I'm all for strict gun control. Every owner must pass a mandatory gun education class pertaining to that weapon type (rifle, pistol, shotgun, SMG etc) and firearms should be registered (But not yearly or whatever Chicago has).
Its time we get off our asses and push education over banning! Rather then have to write and say "Well, its my right!" we could say "Its my right AND I've passed a 4 hour (or 2 or 8 or whatever was needed) training class on the weapon as well as a general firearm education class"
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:08:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Personally, I'm all for strict gun control. Every owner must pass a mandatory gun education class pertaining to that weapon type (rifle, pistol, shotgun, SMG etc) and firearms should be registered (But not yearly or whatever Chicago has).
Its time we get off our asses and push education over banning! Rather then have to write and say "Well, its my right!" we could say "Its my right AND I've passed a 4 hour (or 2 or 8 or whatever was needed) training class on the weapon as well as a general firearm education class"

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:09:31 PM EST
all bans regarding firearms
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:13:50 PM EST

And I dont want a violetn bg to be running around with a single shot either.....but no check or law is going to prevent it......

There is no difference between a machine gun and a deer rifle, one is not "more lethal" than the other. This train of thought is troubling.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:15:15 PM EST

Hitting what you are aiming at is all the gun controll a body needs.

You are right Wal Mart would have a better selection of Chinese Aks' anyhow.You should have to go to an"Belt feed Store" to buy an M-60.

News flash***** It has ALLWAYS been a criminal problem.The problem is that the goofy,socialy retarded, bone smoking liberal asswipes want to see any American as a criminal that is armed.And seems to trust criminals more than law abiding citizens.
Nothing to hide.....???? Why do you wear clothes then?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:25:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 4:26:19 PM EST by RAMBOSKY]
I'm going after a Magpul M93A stock, a Phantom and a Vortex. If I'm really scared of SHTF I'll get a bayonet lug and bayonet. Then I'll be able to sleep better.

Get the Forgin countries to make the guns here in the US like FN, HK and Baretta.

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:32:07 PM EST

um why are you here????????????
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:38:05 PM EST
We should go for a repeal of the 86 machine gun ban, the 89 ban will be circumvented anyway as us mfgs will probably offer the foreign guns with us parts thus making the importation ban usless. Russ
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:39:50 PM EST

You shouldnt need to take a class to exercise your constitutional right that your Forfathers fought and died for you to have. Russ
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:27 PM EST
The 68GCA is really at the root of our problems with the exception of MGs and suppressors, SBRs, etc. I say go after it. If we can defeat it, the '89 exec order goes with it.

As for all of the losers declaring defeat, remember that just as we have those who go to DU so probably do they. So heed not the words of loser retards trolling from DU for they are not one of us. What they are is deranged losers who got beat up one time too many in second grade. Of course mommy told them it wasn't their fault, gave them their "banky" and told them to go sit a suck their f'ing thumb. What a bunch of pussies. Fact is, they are going to get their asses kicked seriously in the upcoming future. Good fucking riddance.
Of course, I understand that China is soon going to have a huge shortage of women. Maybe that is a good place for them

Now, we have the momentum on our side, an election is coming up and now is a good time to start applying pressure. What we need is an organized, concerted effort and timing is everything. I'm up for it, let's get it together.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:41:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By jrc316:

You shouldnt need to take a class to exercise your constitutional right that your Forfathers fought and died for you to have. Russ

dont worry about it he is just a
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:58:00 PM EST

So I should be able to go buy fucking hand grenades if I have the mopney in my pocket no problem? No BG check.

So violent criminals should have guns?

Hmm, I stand for every one who hasn't done harm to the community should be able to have a gun or anything else they want. But once you fuck up to bad so sad.

So you feel a rapist should own a gun, or better yet some one who has been found guilty of fucking little girls?

No. THOSE AHOLES SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXECUTED IMMEDIATELY

I don't think I will go for that but hey we are free people you can feel however you want.

It's not how I feel, It's My RIGHT!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:59:47 PM EST

I should'nt have to pay money to exercise my right!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:06:13 PM EST
I'm not trolling anything. Maybe I have a little bit more level head then some. Would you rather look stupid and say "But but but its my right" and LOSE it, or say "Hey, I took this 4 hour class, I KNOW how to use my right" and keep you Right.
If you think simply saying "Its my Right" will keep you your right I'd like to point out HISTORY to you. It aint gonna happen. So you choose, blabber on about how its your Right while anti gun gruops effectively lobby to ban guns, or establish a simple training program and effectively make a deal with the anti gunners. Rather then LOSE my right, I have to take a simple 4 hour class to KEEP my right.

Call me a troll all you want, but fact is if we just keep using the same played out "Its my Right" argument WE LOSE OUR GUNS. THAT SIMPLE. Its time for a new plan of attack, and establishing a simple training class as a mandatory requirement before buying a gun is a pretty fucking small sacrafice to make in order to be able to own these "dangerous assault weapons"

Which is one thing that pisses me the hell off with gun advocates. Its like they just sit and stare at a brick fucking wall chanting "Its my right, its my right, its my right" and dont stop to think GEE, that didnt mean SHIT when the gun bans came around in the past did it. Maybe, JUST MAYBE we should try a new angle that allows us to keep our weapons and appeases the anti gunners.... Oh wait, thatd be LOGICAL wouldnt it......
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:07:49 PM EST
national CCW for the rest of us...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:08:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

X2!!! WINNER!!!!
That gives me wood ust thinkin about it!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:31:31 PM EST
National CCW.

CA AWB.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:32:29 PM EST
Incrementalism worked for the dems... one step at a time lads!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:39:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

That is what I want the most too. I also think it would be the most likely. Training appeals to the LEO's, it has registration, appeals to the Dem's, and it makes the NRA happy because it means more gun rights.

Colorado's CCW law last year for me was a bigger victory than the AWB sunset.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top