Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:28:38 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2009 5:51:32 PM EST by edoan1979]
I have a uncle that has had his house broken into 2 times in the last 2 years. Last year someone down the road from him, said that he did break into his house the first time and took 2 of his guns with a total 9 guns in all stolen. Now that same guy is stopping by my uncles house, and telling him he is going to kick his ass and kill his pets because now everyone on the street knows he broke into his house. The police have been called 2 times and have never showed up and/or even called back. Last night when I called the police station to find out when they should be there, they told me that the officer would call before showing up. That was at about 7:30 last night, I gave them my cell number and I still have not received a call and they have not showed up at his house.

A little about my uncle. He is unable to walk, and only has use of one arm. He lives by himself during the day, but has to have someone help him at night. He is unable to fight for himself so he is worried about what will or can happen.

What should we do?

He is trying to keep it all on paper so if he does have to defend himself it is all on paper, but when the police will not talk to him about it, it is hard to do...

UPDATE: I got a call this afternoon (1:31pm)from the state police wanting to know if we still needed someone to come out. I asked them if it was normal for them to take 17 hours to give a call back, and they said that they could be there in just a few mintues if I needed them, or I could call them when we did need them and hung up.

We did not call the state police, we called the local police.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:32:37 AM EST
Restraining order.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:41:04 AM EST
Make sure your uncle has a handgun. make sure it's loaded and he knows how to point it and pull the trigger.

Document in a formal written complaint that the person in question has threatened him with severe bodily harm.

The rest will take care of itself..
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:14:07 PM EST
I can`t think of a better use of a 12ga. double barrel shotgun. In a situation like this when you call the police just yell i need help three times and hang up. That should get their sorry a** rolling. When i had rental property i would call them and say i need help now..Then add i you f**k around over a very few minutes you`ll need the coroner also.
Top Top