Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:28:16 PM EDT
Besides 'hooker and blow' I've been debateing on what to do with my tax refund.  The way I see, i have 3 real options.

1.  Bones spirts on my feet have caused vicious pain when I skate.  Most games when I'm on the bench, I'm crouched down in pain and it has caused me to lose a lot of speed.  Thus, option 1:  New skates.  Reebok, Graf, CCM Pro Tacks, or whichever feels the best.

2.  Decent quality AK47 with ammo and a couple extra mags.  Looking for a gun I can shoot and plink a lot with for cheap.

3.  Leupold 10x50mm Mark 4 binoculars with the TMR reticle.  I've needed a pair of decent quality binos for quite some time now and I love all the options this pair has.

4.  Some other rifle or pistol...

Poll to come.  If you don't like the options, tell me your thoughts.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
More hookers and blow. You can't go wrong with Hookers and Blow, unless your name is Marion Barry (and he still got elected) or Charlie Sheen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
OTHER:

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
buy a fifty
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I should have mentioned I'm only getting about $550 back.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Down payment on a dirtbike.  

Hey it's always good to diversify ones hobbies.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

save it up till next years return and put a down payment on a fifty.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Already got one.  Honda XR 250
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't need/want a fifty.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already got one.  Honda XR 250

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well then, I'd go with the AK.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm new so I will refrain on what I think of a 550.00 return.  Good luck and I hope you get promoted to manager at McDonalds this year.  The future must be brighter!!!  

Oh, $550.00 put a couple low flush toilets in your trailer.  The savings will almost amount to your return.    You can get a rebate for them also which might leave enough for a  couple of six packs of Pabsts
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Glock foty.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#13]
1)Buy a Dillon 550B if you dont have one...

2)Fix a hole in the roof if applicable

3)Go hit Reno and invest every dollar into your retirment
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:21:16 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Besides 'hooker and blow' I've been debateing on what to do with my tax refund.  The way I see, i have 3 real options.

1.  Bones spirts on my feet have caused vicious pain when I skate.  Most games when I'm on the bench, I'm crouched down in pain and it has caused me to lose a lot of speed.  Thus, option 1:  New skates.  Reebok, Graf, CCM Pro Tacks, or whichever feels the best.

Check out closeouts on www.hockeygiant.com and www.hockeymonkey.com for skates. They have $400 to $500 skates for less than half if you don't mind them being a previous year's model.

There's no point in blowing your entire return on one thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:23:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:25:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm new so I will refrain on what I think of a 550.00 return.  Good luck and I hope you get promoted to manager at McDonalds this year.  The future must be brighter!!!  

Oh, $550.00 put a couple low flush toilets in your trailer.  The savings will almost amount to your return.    You can get a rebate for them also which might leave enough for a  couple of six packs of Pabsts

I hope this is sarcastic. Otherwise it is the most idiotic post I've read in a while. Size of refund does not equate to annual salary. In fact, one should strive to have a zero refund every year. Think you're a hot shot cuz you get $5000 "back" every year? Well that's a nice NO interest loan you made to the feddle guvment...nice job, and nice way to handle your finances. Why do people think they are getting some prize for letting the guvment hold their paychecks for free for a year. I would say the author is doing well to only get $550 back, not too much out of line. Your little snide comments about him being a McDonalds manager or his living in a trailer are hypocritical coming from someone who cannot grasp the simple concept of personal financial planning or money management. If it was all jokes....then throw a smiley in there.

roy d....coaching the uncoachable

edited to add:    Get the AK...for $350 and save $200 for the ho
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:28:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:32:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I got some Vapor 8's 2.5 years ago, they are nice and light and they have held up great. I do not follow the 'equipment' scene unless I need something. I was a 22+ year CCM guy, until Bauer made the 8's with a different cut. I profiled them and they are the best thing I have ever bought.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Do you have any debt?  Pay towards that first.

Sorry to ruin the fun.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why, that's blasphemy son........., well, almost

I go along with the pay any debts off option.

NMSight
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:50:34 AM EDT
[#21]
What is a tax refund?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Rem700PSS:  Other (explain below)

Send it to me.    

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You talk a lot of shit for a new guy, I'd tone it down if you expect to last around here.

Hey - I think I like the guy!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#24]
I would *SAVE* the money.

Or buy reloading gear.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Stick your tax returns in your Traditional and Roth IRAs
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I would *SAVE* the money.

Or buy reloading gear.

Let Jesus do the saving.....Invest

Preferably in projectile dispensing fun machines...they do keep their value pretty well.

roy d....sometimes i forget some folks have priorities other than acquiring every dang gun they lay their hands on
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Retire debt, and then go on a cash/debit card financial plan.
Learn to live on less, much less if possible, and invest.
Unclutter your life.
Learn to stop buying fadish and trendy stuff.

Quite likely you do all of this.  If your refund is $550, you know how to manage your paycheck so as to avoid giving .gov and free loan.

I hope that I grow up soon and learn that rewarding myself does not equal spending money on myself and vv.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I have NO debt and about $8000 in savings already.  I'm a college kid who only worked for the summer at $8/hr.  

So I have to buy something...can't beleive no one voted on the Loopy binos.  

The skates would HAVE to come from my local pro shop.  Too much uncertainty about fit and pain to risk getting them off the net again.  

Its a refund...its like free money.  I lived without for this long so I must not have needed it that bad.

An AK is temping...but I think I have to go with the skates...the pain...just can't do it anymore...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I say skates, then AK. Staying in shape is more important (at least to me) than buying a new gun. And if getting new skates is going to help you get out there and play, get them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Ya know...ARFCOM is getting rather large as of lately and...I'm not sure we need any new guys right now.  So...yeah...you can leave if you want and none of us would mind...
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#31]
DSArms FN FAL
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#32]
With how things are looking around the world, make sure you have enough ammo first.

HH
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:00:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Go AK-103 with all the goodies!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Ammo.

+1 you should try NOT to get a refund, its your money don't let the gov use it interest free.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Hire someone to teach you some basic math, so you can avoid giving Uncle Sugar a large interest free loan every year.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Hire someone to teach you some basic math, so you can avoid giving Uncle Sugar a large interest free loan every year.

I, like many others, look at it not as an interest free loan for the government, but as a .gov operated piggy bank.  I use it for stuff I want or need (or student loan debt, whatever) after a year as a gift to myself for living below the means that I could have had, and still saving some when doing that.

I got back about $2000 this year, but I am only keeping $200 for frivolous purposes.  The rest of it is going into debts and putting myself in a better domicile.  I rent, sure, and dont like renting vs. owning, but everyone starts somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top