Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 3:18:17 PM EST
Well, not my yard. I'm dogsitting for my friends new puppy. I had him outside eating when a pitbull entered the yard and started trotting towards us. I quickly got the puppy inside before the pit got any closer than 20ft away. He's now running around my friends yard sniffing random shit. The puppy is gonna have to take a shit in 10 minutes and I don't want to take him out there if there is any chance that pit is around. It had a collar on it but I'm not going to confront a dog I don't know.

What should I do, call the cops or just shoot it? I've seen it running free around the area many times before so the owners are apparently terribly irresponsible.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:19:45 PM EST
Call animal control.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:19:52 PM EST
nuke it from orbit
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:22:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Call animal control.

yup.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:22:55 PM EST
Shoot it 10 times, then skin it.

It's just an animal, people in china eat them.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:24:06 PM EST
Dogs can sense your feelings.

Go into the encounter with a worried and non-controlling attitude and you'll create what you're trying to avoid.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:25:24 PM EST
The owners of that dog are completely worthless, and using up all the free air. I would judge it by its temperance, first sign of agression....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:26:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By MillerSHO:
Dogs can sense your feelings.

Go into the encounter with a worried and non-controlling attitude and you'll create what you're trying to avoid.

Fuck that, I'm not going to deal with that dog at all. Especially with a small puppy around. I'm staying inside till the professional gets here to deal with it. If the puppy shits in the house then so be it, I'll just stick it in a bag, find out which neighbor's dog it is and leave the bag on their porch.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:26:25 PM EST
why dont you pet it? its a fucking dog they are man's best friend. you are cowering inside like a pansie.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:08 PM EST
Draw Down!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 3:27:27 PM EST by DK-Prof]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:27:27 PM EST
throw a gernade at the fucker
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:28:31 PM EST
Feed it anti-freeze, cut off its head with a big Rambo knife, take off your shirt and paint yourself in the dog's blood, and then skin the dog carcass, drape the skin over yourself, and run through the neighborhood screaming unintelligibly and waving the knife around.

What kind of stupid question is this?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:29:18 PM EST
I would probably go outside and pet it, check it's collar, call it's owner, and get him returned home. But of course, I'm not scared of dogs.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:31:22 PM EST
Dead dog tell no tale. Frag is ass
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:33:09 PM EST
Call animal control.

This...and then only shoot if necessary.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:34:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Originally Posted By swingset:

+1

Kill it. Many on ar15.com support shooting strays.

Of course, they are usually talking about cats - but an animal is an animal, right?

The difference is animal control usually won't come out for a cat, if they did I'd use that option.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:34:41 PM EST
+1

Of course, they are usually talking about cats - but an animal is an animal, right?

I was going to say... if this thread were about a cat by now we'd have a page full of assholes saying "shoot it".
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:36:12 PM EST

I had a nearly identical situation. I carry all the time.

Pulled out the gun, cause I thought "Pit bull is danger", but the dog
wagged it's tail and wanted a petting. Of course I did. It just looked mean
but was as sweet as the puppy.

Few minutes later the owner came down the street and got his dog.

Needless to say, he was pissed at his dog for wandering off and quite
grateful that I like dogs.

You best to be cautious, but keep in mind, not all pits are bad.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:37:36 PM EST

+1

I wacked a stray dog 3 weeks ago on our family land after it chased after the cows. Grandad has wacked more than I can count in his life, after they run the cows.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:40:27 PM EST
usually pits are pretty cool. Throw him a tennis ball, you know right away.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:40:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By RedDevil556:
Feed it anti-freeze, cut off its head with a big Rambo knife, take off your shirt and paint yourself in the dog's blood, and then skin the dog carcass, drape the skin over yourself, and run through the neighborhood screaming unintelligibly and waving the knife around.

What kind of stupid question is this?

Idiot, how is he going to gain it's power if he doesn't eat the heart.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:41:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 3:48:44 PM EST by Kujo]

+1

Well if many on ar15.com support it, it must be ok! That is complete BS. Some are just itching to use their firearms on something breathing.

If a dog gets out of someones yard it's NOT ok to simply shoot it. And if someone ever shot my harmless dog, I'd probably end up going to jail. Animals may not hold any value to you, but they are family members to others.

Call animal control. They will ticket the owner.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:41:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 3:43:01 PM EST by Kujo]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:42:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:02:28 PM EST
AAR:

Asking if I should shoot it was in jest. I don't even have a gun on me at the moment. I would have just let it be and waited it out but I know the owners are "problem owners" in this town. I've seen the dog roaming in other peoples yards on numerous occassions and I always hear the neighbors chasing it out of their yard before they can let their dog out.

Animal control came but by that time the dog was gone. They stuck around when I let the little puppy out thinking if it was nearby it might hear the puppy and come to check it out. The pit didn't show up. They went to look for it but I have a feeling it's at home already.

I'm not afraid of dogs but I'm not going to go out of my way to make nice with a dog i've never met before and don't know anything about(I also wouldn't go out of my way to shoot a dog unless I absolutely had to). Especially a dog as strong as a pitbull. I have nothing against pits but I know that if by chance(and it's probably a very slim chance) this thing decided to turn on me it could definitely do some damage. So why risk it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:03:24 PM EST
"why dont you pet it? its a fucking dog they are man's best friend. you are cowering inside like a pansie."

Corrections - don't not dont
it's not its
pansy not pansie

If you are going to call a pansy a pansy, learn to spell.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:09:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 4:22:12 PM EST by GLuttonousGourami]
Just do what most arfcommers would do if it were a neighbors cat...cap it
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:13:30 PM EST
Call animal control.

+1 if you just shoot it, its animal cruelty and you will go to jail. If it attacks you, then that's a different story.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:17:11 PM EST

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:23:26 PM EST
Shoot it or scare if away.

All these people whining about calling the professionals - it's no wonder we have such a fat bloated government. No one will take care of things on their own.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:40:48 PM EST
Get a Scam Nowand go jerk off the dog.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:46:30 PM EST
Originally Posted By eastTXhunter:

I wacked a stray dog 3 weeks ago on our family land after it chased after the cows. Grandad has wacked more than I can count in his life, after they run the cows.

Seriously? Cows will run from cats?

Holy crap. They deserve to be eaten!

Stray dogs, not cats.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:55:10 PM EST

+1

Then again, if it was a goose, you may want to avoid soliciting advice from DK-Prof...

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:55:38 PM EST
Call the bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Fury-things-that-need-a-killing.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:57:06 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/17/2009 4:57:56 PM EST by Kujo]
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:
Shoot it or scare if away.

All these people whining about calling the professionals - it's no wonder we have such a fat bloated government. No one will take care of things on their own.

Shooting peoples pets when they haven't posed a threat is textbook responsible gun ownership.

/sarcasm

Doing this kind of thing only puts gun ownership in a bad light and gives the fat bloated government another example to use to make people believe we shouldn't have our rights.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:04:56 PM EST
dont shoot it that will just cause problems so my solution

just knife the bastard
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:57:02 PM EST
Top Top