Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 9:19:52 AM EDT

What’s up with “All NFA Rules Apply”

If I remember correctly is was a rule made up by Shotgun News for adds that had
NFA items in them.  Some feel good policy or PC move??

And now people have accepted it as necessary?

But really, what is that suppose to mean.  Doesn’t that go without saying?

People act like if that’s in their add, they’re some how released from any legal or
moral obligation.

If someone advertises a legal NFA machine gun without the phrase, is it somehow
less legitimate?  Or on the other hand, if they include the phrase in an add for a
machine gun parts kit some how more legitimate?

[b]R[/b]ighteous [b]K[/b]ill

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#1]
More of a CYA phrase if you're selling parts which are not of themselves NFA controlled items, but can be used to assemble NFA controlled items.

Shows lack of intent on the part of the seller to help the buyer (should the  buyer do so) violate the NFA.  Also warns newbies (who still, it seems, think those shotgun news auto sears can be installed in their shiny new AR-15 rifle) that there are laws and rules they may not yet be aware of governing the use of the stuff in the ad.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#2]
its just like EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY just a covering your but thing and that u dont mean for people to use the info/part to break the law
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve just always found it amusing.

I suppose there is merit in the fact it warns uneducated buyers.  Assuming they’ll
even bother to find out what it means.

“EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY”, yeah, that one makes me wonder also.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I always find it amusing when watching TV commercials for cars doing neat things - the car companies put "Professional Driver on closed course" yada yada yada.

Or the science shows with "Don't try this at home" before every experiment or project.

It's not just in regard to guns that we must protect ourselves from the foolish, RK.  If you leave a ladder out and someone trespasses to climb up the ladder, falls and hurts themselves, they'll sue you and probably win.  Or like idiots who spill coffee on themselves, then sue mcdonald's because it was too hot....
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#5]
[b][red][size=6]WARNING: Excessive posting on AR-15.com may lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome![/red][/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I think literally EVERYTHING should have stickers that say "All NFA rules apply", "Warning:  May cause drowsiness", "Under penalty of law this tag must not be removed" and "Registered with Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture".
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It was years before I discovered that cutting
the tag off of a new pillow or mattress really
did not carry a "20 to Life" stretch in a Federal Prison.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Legally it's a waste of space.  There's no obligation to do it nor will it exculpate your behavior if you break the law.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone actually read the entire part 922 transcript? If you're a hopeless insomniac you might just find a cure there. loose-round
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Funny, I always interpreted that "NFA rules apply" thingy to basically mean... We have questionably legal stuff to sell, the public wants it, I'll sell it to them and let em do what they want with it.

I mean really, are there that many preban lowers that don't already have tele-stocks? Every other page in Shotgun news sells em.  Or how about furniture for AK variants.  How many preban rifles actually have broken stocks that need replacing?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:36:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The vast majority of pre-ban ARs were shipped with a fixed stock.  In fact, both of my verified, papered pre-bans came with a fixed stock.
View Quote

Yep, I realize that.  But most people I know that own verified, papered pre-bans have converted em' to tele-stocks.  Pre-bans with fixed A2 stocks seem to be rare round my parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top