Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2013 7:42:49 AM EDT
I've got a 1988 4x4 Toyota Pickup that has been relegated to mostly weekend and farm use the last couple years. It had some pretty nice size rust holes which I just finished tack welding plates and bondoing over the weekend. I've painted some multicam successfully with spray cans and stencils before on smaller items but was curious what type of paint I should use on a car. I've got a paint sprayer that hooks to an air compressor. Never painted a whole car before. I'm looking for durability vs cheap. I'm not taking this car to shows, but I don't want to repaint it next year either.

I'm a relative novice in the car repair dept. Any insight would be helpful.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
how much are you wanting to spend???  Honestly you might be best off with a case of spraypaint for a beater/farm truck.  I used tractor paint from TSC for my beater/shop truck and I'm happy enough with it for what I spent on it (about $75 IIRC).  Not show quality but it does what it needs to, and it wasn't worth it to spend the extra to use auto paint on the truck
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a bunch of tans, greens and browns and did some tests. looks like I need 2 more colors to be convincing. This is tough camo to paint. I just went with Krylon rattle cans

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a bunch of tans, greens and browns and did some tests. looks like I need 2 more colors to be convincing. This is tough camo to paint. I just went with Krylon rattle cans

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 10:28:56 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_139/565579_How_to_Multicam_your_rifle___on_the_cheap___56K_.html&page=1

I did a buddy's truck as a trial, before I do my own fun car. I plan on doing my car this spring.

If you wan't I'll get the color info off the cans later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top