Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/24/2002 8:03:48 PM EDT
So my wife tells me tonight what she really wants for Christmas. She said really wants me to get a vasectomy. She claims she'll have sex with me more if I get one, but I'm having a hard time with this one. How about some advice...
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:05:44 PM EDT
Go for it....more sex and no children...what could be wrong with that. I assume that you have children now, so she has been through that pain, what is 3 days of pain for you? That and you get more sex!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:07:17 PM EDT
Just seems like the process will be extremely painful. Anyone had one? And what if I want more kids later... (any female volunteers please post pics)
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:11:00 PM EDT
Vasovasectomy is the reversal process...I have a baby due soon, and if the wife does not get the tubes tied then, I will be getting a vasectomy myself...three days off work with the wife pampering me...I can't beat that, and besides two kids is enough for me [:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:13:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:17:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By sherm8404: Do you have kids yet? Too many? One's enough? Two's just fine? Don't want any? I can't vote til I know the deal. I think some of these crazy bastages just want you to get snipped for the hell of it!
View Quote
We have a daughter but it seems it will be more difficult to convince my wife to have more children if I go under the knife...
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:23:19 PM EDT
There's nothing that makes you feel more alive than looking down between your legs while lying on an operating table and seeing smoke rise from your balls.... I SAY GO FOR IT!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:24:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:26:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:27:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bulldog1967: There's nothing that makes you feel more alive than looking down between your legs while lying on an operating table and seeing smoke rise from your balls.... I SAY GO FOR IT!!
View Quote
Are you sure that was a vasectomy or just a wild night with the woman????
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:59:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pkennedy:
Originally Posted By bulldog1967: There's nothing that makes you feel more alive than looking down between your legs while lying on an operating table and seeing smoke rise from your balls.... I SAY GO FOR IT!!
View Quote
Are you sure that was a vasectomy or just a wild night with the woman????
View Quote
LOL good one! :)
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:43:55 PM EDT
I couldn't do it.[:(]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 12:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2002 12:24:40 AM EDT by freedom-fighter]
Meet her halfway and just get one tube tied. That way you will reduce the chance of having a baby by half.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:09:09 AM EDT
No Way. I'd never do anything like that. My wife has had a total hysterectomy so no way to have any more kids here; don't want any more anyway. Before that she had her tubes tied but that was almost 20 years ago. The tube tying would be the way to go.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:29:44 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:47:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pkennedy:
Originally Posted By sherm8404: Do you have kids yet? Too many? One's enough? Two's just fine? Don't want any? I can't vote til I know the deal. I think some of these crazy bastages just want you to get snipped for the hell of it!
View Quote
We have a daughter but it seems it will be more difficult to convince my wife to have more children if I go under the knife...
View Quote
I had one back in '78. One daughter, never regretted it. One child is plenty nowadays. We're crowded enough now as it is Also will result in less child support for you to pay later on................
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:48:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By venom_inc: Vasovasectomy is the reversal process...I have a baby due soon, and if the wife does not get the tubes tied then, I will be getting a vasectomy myself...three days off work with the wife pampering me...[b]I can't beat that[/b], and besides two kids is enough for me [:D]
View Quote
There has to be a pun there, somewhere.[:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:45:44 AM EDT
Not a problem. Sore for a day. Most men should be able to handle the operation. I repeat, most MEN.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:53:20 AM EDT
Whole proceedure took only 17 minutes.. Went home for the day...... Took the next off work.... Back in the saddle ( ahem) one week later.)
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:57:46 AM EDT
Tell her to get her tubes tied, 1) less pain for you. 2) It can be reversed if you want. Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:00:06 AM EDT
View Quote
Bulldog! You stole my vasectomy tag line!
Originally Posted By alpo: No Way. I'd never do anything like that. My wife has had a total hysterectomy so no way to have any more kids here; don't want any more anyway. Before that she had her tubes tied but that was almost 20 years ago. The tube tying would be the way to go.
View Quote
The wife getting her tubes tied is major surgery. It's one thing if they already have her open for a "C" section or something, but no way I'd put my wife through the risk of real surgery when I can have an outpatient procedure with the same result. The vasectomy wasn't bad. No real pain after the injection ([b]that[/b] was no fun). Everyone I know that had a hard time after was because they were too much a man to listen to the doc and take it easy for a couple of days. I had it done on a Friday afternoon and was back to work on Monday. Spent the weekend in loose sweats, but no ice or anything. The doc gave me some excellent narcotics that were completely unnecessary for the pain but came in handy for a different occasion. The sex? Gotta tell you bro', it's like the wife found a new toy. All juice, no seed and she can't get enough of it... for the first 6 months.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:43:12 AM EDT
I had it done; didn't hurt too bad, and it did help the frequency. Just remember--[b]DO EXACTLY WHAT THE DOCTOR TELLS YOU FOR RECOVERY![/b] Had a co-worker decide to mow the lawn two days after the surgery, his nuts swelled to the size of mason jars and put him down for an extra week while they drained them (isn't that a pretty mental image!). The best part--part of the post-surgery recovery is to clean out the pipes--the doctor told me I had to have sex at least 15 times in the four weeks after the surgery. "Honey, doctor's orders, remember?" The advantage of a vasectomy over her getting her tubes tied--for her, it's major surgery into the abdominal cavity--risk goes up exponentially. For us, it's minor surgery on an outpatient basis. It is reversible, but THAT procedure is too horrible to contemplate. They have to fillet your testicles, go fishing for the loose ends of the tube they cut, then put them back together again. [:X*] 'Nuff said on that! And, what better way to say "I love you" than to have the boys worked on? I think it would make a great Valentine's present!
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:05:46 AM EDT
Dude! That's a no brainer!!! AB
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:06:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/25/2002 8:06:42 AM EDT by usma89]
No matter what anyone says it does hurt. The doctor takes a sharp knife and cuts your sack(there is the no cut way where the doctor uses a dull stick, same result: a hole in the old sack), reaches in, pulls out the vas, cuts it, and then burns it. Maybe I was a wimp, but it hurt. Use frozen peas, have about 5 ready to go. My experience was that you will get more sex, but the kids getting older has more to do with that than getting fixed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 8:18:03 AM EDT
Top Top