Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2007 3:50:49 PM EDT
I looked at a Remington 700 on the way home from work today.  It's NIB, at what seems to be a great deal.  It is matte finish, including the bolt with the synthetic stock.  It looks like the SPS model on the web site, except it has sights.  I don't see anything on the Remington site that looks like this.  Maybe just an odd run of the SPS??  Anyway, I'll probably buy it.  It's a 270, which isn't my caliber of choice, but it's on clearance for $250, and there is a $30 rebate.  Doesn't seem like I can go wrong.  Just wondering what specific model this is.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is an actual 700, and not a 710 or 770, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  That is cheap as dirt, no matter which version of the 700 it is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not a 710.  The barrel is stamped 700.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a 700 ADL youth.

ETA:  Does it look like this?

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Did it have a floor plate?  

It's most likely an ADL.

ETA:  Buy it and pull the barrel, the action alone is sold for more in Midway and on Gunbroker.

Perfect base for your custom bolt gun.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like a 700 ADL youth.

ETA:  Does it look like this?

www.clcweb.net/Shooting/Remington_243/700adlsynyouth.jpg

Yep it looks like that.  I'll have to check the length of pull.  didn't have time to really look it over.  Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top