Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/29/2005 12:12:17 PM EDT
There's an expression in the circles I run in, as follows:

If you think right, you'll do right. If you do right, you'll feel right.

I feel best about myself when I've done right.

Do you think the quote above is right?

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:13:58 PM EDT
Yes.

Apart from your quote, I am proud of the fact that I got into a top-tier graduate program on full fellowship despite the fact that I did not decide to go to graduate school (or take the GRE) until three weeks before the deadlines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:20:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:20:48 PM EDT
Masterbation!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:21:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:23:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
Masterbation!

Bad eyesight apparently IS a cause of misspelling.

Figgers someone named "Fat McNasty "would raise the level of discourse in such fashion.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:24:12 PM EDT
My enormous schwanstucke.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:26:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:28:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By garandman:

Originally Posted By Fat_McNasty:
Masterbation!

Bad eyesight apparently IS a cause of misspelling.

Figgers someone named "Fat McNasty "would raise the level of discourse in such fashion.

And hariy fingers slip off the keys too!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:30:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rodent:
My enormous schwanstucke.

We don't care to know where you have a swan stuck.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:31:02 PM EDT
Now a serious reply...

Being able to create one of a kind firearms for customers, and the ability to damn near fix any broken gun!

This is my since of worth! This is what keeps me going and alive!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:33:47 PM EDT
I learned long ago to recognize my own little victories and achievements myself , because if you wait for others to recognize them, you will be disappointed.

So, what was your little victory today?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:35:34 PM EDT
Knowing that I have helped people.
Knowing that God probably liked what I just did.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:08 PM EDT
That's a good phrase, I need to remember it.

Personally what makes me feel good about myself is that I'm a good husband and son.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:36:12 PM EDT
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:37:39 PM EDT

Mostly. However bear in mind that Charles Manson probably feels like he is right.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:38:22 PM EDT
Being able to shoot, knowing I'm good at a given task, being able to do things well and right, esp things that not everybody in the world can do. Being able to be tough like a man ought to be, yet sensitive and emotional enough to have a positive, loving relationship with my girlfriend where we are both emotionally satisfied and happy.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:38:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lord_Grey_Boots:
I learned long ago to recognize my own little victories and achievements myself , because if you wait for others to recognize them, you will be disappointed.

So, what was your little victory today?

I've learned most bad days can become good days when the pizza shows up.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:40:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 12:45:10 PM EDT by Searcherfortruth]
1) That I have my son, & take care of him everyday.

2) Now that I'm single I have more money, & can actually plan on buying something & set money aside for it.

3) I'm put of debt again for the 1st time in a long time.

4) That even tho I haven't figured out all about life, I know good from evil & I don't confuse them, & that I am running my race in a way that doesn't make me ashamed of myself.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:40:49 PM EDT
Alot of things.

I gave air mattresses to the local shelter.

I am giving free rent to a guy who lost his home in Hurricane Rita in a duplex that I own.

I offered free storage tanks to a guy south of Jasper,Tx. who is trying to provide water for bathing for his employees whom have lost everything. He called this morning saying he found another souce closer.

I feel if I am ever down that perhaps someone will give me a helping hand.

But of couse ALOT of time the old saying of "No good deed goes unpunished" is true, and sometimes I feel like a gluton for punishment. I still continue to look for the best in people and usually find it.

Although I am far from perfect.....I like who I am and how I live. That makes me feel good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:49:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

Mostly. However bear in mind that Charles Manson probably feels like he is right.

Good point.

Ultimately, "right" needs to be defined.

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:53:45 PM EDT
Hillary Toiletpaper
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:04:59 PM EDT
Usually after a big ammo order I feel good for a few days. When I do badly, I repent and do right next time, but when I do right, I don't feel particularly goooood about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:08:34 PM EDT
my G/F
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:18:45 PM EDT
Along day at work where Ididn't lose my head and I did well figuring out solutions to problems..

Knowing more about computers than 90% of the pople I work with on a day to day basis and still being able to be patient and helpful as much as possible...

So in a word.. I feel good when I'm able to put up with the fact that the rest of the world is ignorant to alot of things... I enjoy my own control of my frustration and their enjoyment of unknown information presented in a manner they can understand...

When that fails I have a whisky and coke and tug one out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/29/2005 8:03:53 PM EDT by Hiwathl]
the friendship's formed with the people who I give a Sh*t about and the fact even if I go out of view for a bit on return we have good things to share and for that I am Thankful,the rest is just material BS

Treat others as You want to be treated......theres sucess in being a Human
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:12:20 PM EDT
I feel good when I solve a problem for someone.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:14:20 PM EDT
... the fact that I am a good person
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:14:55 PM EDT
Building a family based on the example my parents gave me and preforming a valuable role in my little chunck of society make me feel pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:30:49 PM EDT
scoring lacrosse goals, and knowing that at the end of each day, I did good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:35:44 PM EDT
Having someone say Thank You and mean it.

Im a sucker for helping people out. If I don't help someone out, its usually because there are grevious personal problems between us.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:43:26 PM EDT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good point.

Ultimately, "right" needs to be defined.

I believe it is possible to do bad or wrong and feel good if like aug said you think you are right. I suppose it is relative to the individual and their belief system and philosophy of life. With that in mind your statement is correct. I'm sure manson like hitler and others of the same ilk felt good about themselves as long as they were accomplishing their objectives, this explains in part how people are able to live with themselves after doing horrendous things to others, they justify their actions to themselves.I doubt our enemies in Iraq see themselves as the enemy, they believe that they are right just as we believe that we are right.

If you are more specific and define what is "right" you will find more varying opinions than you will with the question open to interpretation.

To answer the question in the subject line I would have to say
1.seeing my children happy
2.seeing a project through to completion , it seems the satisfaction is proportional to the time and effort involved.
3.helping someone else out/ making someone else happy
4.I actually have moments of just being happy, for no apparent reason.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:48:00 PM EDT
Seeing the look of understanding in someone's face after working to help them out on something they're having difficulty with
Top Top